{ADWD Spoilers} Sansa Stark

Alexia

LF's plans for Sansa are trashed after reading ADWD. He assumes that all the male heirs are dead, so that when Sansa marries Harry, the Vale will attempt to reclaim the North (her birthright) for her. With Rickon and Shaggydog coming back, Sansa is only second in line for north. Littlefinger's plan to control the North, Vale, and Riverlands will be in vain.

So what will be the end result for Sansa? Live happily ever after with her dwarf as Lady of Casterly Rock?

That's the million dollar question. If the marriage between Tyrion and Sansa continues, not a happy prospect for her at all (though Tyrion wouldn't mind too badly I think, he seems to regret "losing" her in ADWD allthough his emotions are all over the place), I think it won't be for Casterly Rock. I could see much pressure being applied on Sansa to accept her marriage in earnest though, if Tyrion would be made Dany's heir for the entire kingdom. Now that Dany seems to be not barren after all (though it remains to be seen if she can bring forth living children), that may be less likely.

If Tyrion ends up as Lord of Casterly Rock, it wouldn't be near as important for the realm if he would have heirs or not and there may be more acceptable options available as potential wives (which wouldn't be acceptable as queens). In that case I would expect Tyrion to agree with annulment of the marriage to Sansa.

She could still end up as lady of Winterfell (if Rickon is destined for something else and Bran prefers being the mystic in the far north), too. Since the Starks seem to ally with the wildings, a marriage with Mance Rayder could make sense in that case (assuming he survives and didn't marry someone in the meantime).

So what will be the end result for Sansa? Live happily ever after with her dwarf as Lady of Casterly Rock?

I think that Sansa at one point will turn against Littlefinger. She will side with Rickon (and likely Stannis, who will declare Rickon Warden of the North) and the joint forces of the Vale and the North will fight side by side (don't forget that Lord Manderly has a huge fleet to use to move the knights of the Vale from the Vale to the North or everywhere else).

I think that in the first place they will try to conquer the Riverlands, but soon the Others invasion will begin and so they will turn their forces north (maybe with some Riverland Lords that rebelled against the Lannisters).

I think that Sansa at one point will turn against Littlefinger. She will side with Rickon (and likely Stannis, who will declare Rickon Warden of the North) and the joint forces of the Vale and the North will fight side by side (don't forget that Lord Manderly has a huge fleet to use to move the knights of the Vale from the Vale to the North or everywhere else).

That Sansa will turn on LF at some point seems almost a given. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later.

Would Bronze Yohn be able to raise the Vale in support of her, if LF dies, preferably with his crimes in the open? Would Robert Arryn want to help her - he likes Alayne, will he like Sansa?

That Sansa will turn on LF at some point seems almost a given. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later.

Would Bronze Yohn be able to raise the Vale in support of her, if LF dies, preferably with his crimes in the open? Would Robert Arryn want to help her - he likes Alayne, will he like Sansa?

Robert will be dead, undoubtedly. Whether Littlefinger's plot succeeds or not, Robert Arryn is doomed.

There's plenty of support for the Stark cause in the Vale. It's not just Bronze Yohn. Lady Waynwood is fairly closely related to the Starks as well. Her grandmother was Edwyle Stark's sister. (She's the cadet-Royce who married a Waynwood.) Same goes for the other cadet-Royces and also Lyn Corbray, whose mother was Lady Waynwood's sister.

Okay, so she won't be the ruler of the North, but I can see Harry the Heir being weak and Sansa learning lots of lessons from Littlefinger and she will eventually be the Lady of the Vale after defeating Littlefinger(because how perfect is it that a young version of Cat is his downfall?) and will have many children and will be a Queen of Thorns figure (that's my ultimate hope, anyway)

I truly hope "Everything's coming up Sansa" for books 6 and 7, because it definitely wasn't for the first four books.

Robert will be dead, undoubtedly. Whether Littlefinger's plot succeeds or not, Robert Arryn is doomed.

But how many years remain him? It may well be that Sansa acts before Robert is dead, or maybe exactly because LF gets impatient and wants to kill him. That could be the tipping point.

I doubt Sansa will every marry Harry. She is still married to Tyrion and this problem will not go away for quite some time I suspect. Sansa doesn't even want to marry at this point.

And the main motivation for the marriage from the Waynwood side is that LF controls their debt.

Just a note from the appendix that I thought was an interesting off screen Easter egg, apparently dickon Tarly can now inherit horn hill and maidenpool both. He married William mooton's daughter and heir, Eleanor, a girl of 13. So there's another example of a young marriage for ya. Sorry for any bad formatting, on my iPad.

Just a note from the appendix that I thought was an interesting off screen Easter egg, apparently dickon Tarly can now inherit horn hill and maidenpool both. He married William mooton's daughter and heir, Eleanor, a girl of 13. So there's another example of a young marriage for ya. Sorry for any bad formatting, on my iPad.

Good catch. Allthough we should also say that Randyll Tarly is also another example of a rather cruel and not terribly scrupulous lord. A budget version of Tywin Lannister.

Just thought of something.

Now that Dany is married and can't marry Aegon...wouldn't it be a great way for him to cement his rule, to marry the last eligible Stark maiden, who was considered worthy of being a queen? To gain the loyalty of the North as well as Dorne. If they swore to the dragons, and the dragons aren't dead, and the dragons acknowledge the worth of the North....Varys is clever enough to see it. And it would no doubt bring about a Varys/Littlefinger showdown, which would be absolutely epic. Spy vs Spy...

I doubt Aegon will marry Sansa (she is in the Game of Thrones for Littlefinger at this point), it is more likely that Aegon will be matched with Arianne as Quentyn was spurned by Dany and she's still off in Mereen. Once Dorne gets news of Quentyn's death I doubt they will want to ally with Dany anymore rather seeking the child of their own blood.

Incidentally...

We know now that Littlefinger has had Jeyne Poole (Sansa's best friend) beaten and forced into prostitution. It seems that the narrative demands that Sansa find this out somehow. Any chance of that happening?

As I see it, she needs to learn about Jeyne's fate, and also LF's betrayal of her father. Sandor Clegane knows at the least about the betrayal of Ned and possibly about what happened to Jeyne Poole, so could he be how she finds all this out?

Alexia, I was wondering about that too.. though at times I feel like Sansa will never know about what Littlefinger has done with either Ned or Jeyne. Sigh. But if she does find out, I wouldn't be surprised if Martin draws on an extremely minor character who happens to be pro-Stark and has that knowledge, (much in the same way Harwin was used to identify Arya to the BWB, ykwim?).

Though I could see Jaime using this info to pry Sansa away from LF, if he were ever to find her.

I'd really love it if Jaime, Brienne and Sandor were to tag up to find Sansa. Between Jaime and Sandor they should have enough information to unravel LF.. And of course, it would be very ironic after Brienne telling Jaime they have to save Sansa from "the Hound" if Sandor showed up to help them out of this bind their in with UnCat. :lol:

As for very few Sansa mentions in the book, I was disappointed too.

Not that I thought she'd actually show up in anyone's POV's, *shifty eyes*, but a teensy bit of gossip out of the Vale couldn't have hurt... especially in one of Davos' chapters. He was so close. :crying:

A question - this prophecy Melisandre had of a grey girl on a horse, fleeing her marriage. Was this girl ever identified? Could she be Sansa?

Alys Karstark who fled a marriage with her uncle the son of Arnolf Karstark and married the young Magnar of Thenn. The suitor ended up in the ice cells at the wall

Alys Karstark who fled a marriage with her uncle the son of Arnolf Karstark and married the young Magnar of Thenn. The suitor ended up in the ice cells at the wall

Okay...thanks! Blargh, got my hopes up!

That Sansa-Harry-scheme is doomed. Rickon will be in the game before they can make their move, and then that's no longer going to work. End of story ;-).

Personally I think it might be a bit more difficult for Davos to find Rickon on the remote, dangerous island of Skagos, bring him back, and convince the world he's real and not dead. They would have to see his direwolf. It will take some time to be sure. The Sansa-Harry marriage may have happened already during the timeline of ADWD itself.

Sansa is my favorite! My dream is Sansa as Queen in the North, because I don't think Bran is coming back down to rule and I don't think Rickon is of sound mind. I think Lady of the Vale (and Warden of the East?) might also be neat.

She's undoubtedly going to be the one behind Littlefinger's downfall, in any case, and that's the payoff in this series I'm most excited about, haha

There's no reason Sansa couldn't be Queen of the North, Vale, and Trident alongside Harrold, and Rickon could be the Lord of Winterfell. I didn't think that was too likely with Daenerys but as I work through this book, I find it more and more unlikely that the dragon will retake the throne.

Archived