Beyond the Wall

imladolen

I've been doing my reread of the series to prepare for reading aDwD, and I recently read

Jon's first chapter with Mance Rayder and his "court" (in aSoS)

. I just had to post this now while I am thinking of it.

For Tormund I can only think that Brian Blessed (with a bushy white beard) would be perfect!

For Styr I see Peter Wingfield with his head shaved and his ears "disappeared."

Considering that the early chapters of aSoS overlaps timeline-wise with the last couple chapters of aCoK, it isn't unreasonable to expect to possibly see these guys in season 2. Although I do think Jon's story in season 2 will end with him killing Qhorin.

Hey moderators, did I really need those spoiler things for this post? Figured better safe than sorry.

I've been picturing Peter Wingfield in my head for Mance. Descriptions be damned. I think he'd be good for the role.

I don't think Wingfield has the charisma to play Mance. Purefoy does however.

I don't think Wingfield has the charisma to play Mance. Purefoy does however.

I can't argue that Purefoy isn't more charismatic. He's about as charismatic as they come.

But Mance also has some "averageness" to him that allows him to be unassuming and blend into a crowd. Which is why I always thought of Peter Wingfield - or, to be fair - Methos. lol

Frankly, if GOT managed to land Purefoy, I'd hope it would be for a major role. Sadly, I can't think of one. He'd be a great Daario. He certainly has the "it factor" to pull off Oberyn (if not quite the look).

Ok, I'll go along with you. Purefoy for Mance, but then Wingfield for Qhorin Halfhand. ;)

Frankly, if GOT managed to land Purefoy, I'd hope it would be for a major role. Sadly, I can't think of one. He'd be a great Daario. He certainly has the "it factor" to pull off Oberyn (if not quite the look).

Ok, I'll go along with you. Purefoy for Mance, but then Wingfield for Qhorin Halfhand. ;)

I keep picturing Henry Cavill from "The Tudors" as Daario.

And Qhorin really should be Eccleston.

As to what role I can imagine Methos Wingfield in, possibly someone with the Bloody Mummers (not Vargo Hoat, I see James Frain in that role), or even a character across the Narrow Sea. Maybe some other Westerosi lord. Wingfield feels to "refined" to me to be a wildling or a Black Brother.

I keep picturing Henry Cavill from "The Tudors" as Daario.

As to what role I can imagine Methos Wingfield in, possibly someone with the Bloody Mummers (not Vargo Hoat, I see James Frain in that role), or even a character across the Narrow Sea. Maybe some other Westerosi lord. Wingfield feels to "refined" to me to be a wildling or a Black Brother.

Yes. Therein lies the problem.

I suppose we could wait a few years for him to play

"Old Griff"

Don't know whether it has been discussed elsewhere, but who could play Ygritte? I have two suggestions. First, Sophia Myles, who is a bit older than book-Ygritte but that in the series most roles are cast a couple years older. Second suggestion: Karen Gillan, who is closer to Ygritte's actual age, and who is a redhead to boot, although of course for the actress that's not a must.

Further suggestions?

Archived