Access Hollywood Reveals S2 Details

Westeros

That'd be pretty indepth yeah, but would the audience wait around that long?

Why wouldn't they wait? Audiences are used to waiting for a season a year. :) Not that I think that book 3 will be neatly divided into 2 seasons. At the earliest, they'll split aSoS at the RW, which is 2/3 of the way through the book. And they may go as far as Joff's wedding. So we'll definitely see stuff from aFfC and aDwD if we ever get to S4.

Yea if they start mashing it up, it won't last as long as it would if they went exactly by the books.

They've no real choice in some cases. Chronologically, Jaime's escape happens well before the Battle of Blackwater. So they can't stop with a Jaime cliffhanger, go to the battle of the Blackwater and return to the cliffhanger in S3. Its chronologically all over the place.

Jon and Dany are some of the big characters in the series, so including a Jon/Dany chapter from aSoS seems plausible in order to give them more to do. I wouldn't go all the way to Dany taking Astapor though. That's a lot of story and they have a huge amount to cover already in aCoK. Similarly I wouldn't show Jaime meeting Zollo in S2. That's too far into aSoS. We will have Cat v Jaime Part 2 though, where a lot more will get revealed.

I love the Bran ending in aCoK. Maybe it isn't for everybody but i'd be happy if they left it at that for S2.

Dany doesn't have much to do in the second book to begin with, and the series has tended to cut dream sequences and prophetic visions from the books, so will the House of the Undying appear on the show?

I expect we'll see a version of it. While they have cut dream sequences and flashbacks, this isn't a dream or a flashback. Dany sees this stuff as part of her normal life. They could make the scene work very well.

I think they will go as far as Dany meeting up with Barristan the Bold in her story line. It will end with her leaving Quarth in her three ships. Regarding Jamie, they cannot move the release of Jamie up before the destruction of Winterfell and the apparent death of Bran and Rickon. That is the only reason that makes any sense for Catelyn to release Jamie. I'd think the destruction of Winterfell would occur in episode 8, Catelyn finding out and releasing Jamie (and the BotB of course) in episode 9, Jon and Dany stuff, Blackwater aftermath, Arya's interaction with Roose Bolton, and ending with Bran in the tombs of Winterfell.

Archived