[ADWD Spoilers] Dear Jon

G Vico

Jon will be reborn of ICE. Dany was reborn in Fire and was reminded to remember who she was...to go forward she must go back...to Drogon.

Also the Title of the Series is "A Song of Ice and Fire".

We need more ICE...

Some say Jon is reborn in fire;

Some say in ice.

Since Rhaegar is, methinks, his sire

I hold with those who favor fire.

But if I follow your advice,

I think I know enough of Targs

To say that for rebirthing ice

Will work for Wargs

And would suffice.

Some say in ice.

Will work for Wargs

And would suffice.

Cute take on Frost...

Is it weird that in Dany's dream about Hizdahr I see a glimpse of future Jon (UnJon)?

I think the dream is actually a reference to either Victarion or Euron Greyjoy. This seems to match up with one of her visions from aCoK of a man with a grey smile. Grey smile = grey joy.

I like Jon, but I kinda hope hes dead. I remember after AGOT when I was actually scared that GRRM might kill someone important. It added drama. Hes needs to invoke that fear again. Jons really one of his only chances. Danys too plot/author protected, and Tyrions his favorite. His only other option that would piss fans off would be Arya. So yeah, I hope theres not unJon ect

I'm still reeling from this chapter myself, I just finished the book an hour ago and have been looking over all these theories and its pretty awesome to read all of them. I personally think Jon survives, one way or another, but by being attacked by the Night Watch, would I assume, relieve him of his duties. Freeing him to eventually lead the Wildings off the wall and to the South to take back winterfell from Ramsay and Roose. If Stannis isn't dead, possibly legitimizing himself as the Lord of Winterfell.. I just don't know.

Some say in ice.

Will work for Wargs

And would suffice.

Where would you like your shiny new Internets delivered? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm still reeling from this chapter myself, I just finished the book an hour ago and have been looking over all these theories and its pretty awesome to read all of them. I personally think Jon survives, one way or another, but by being attacked by the Night Watch, would I assume, relieve him of his duties.

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death."

Death and resurrection would indeed free him from the Night's Watch, if he wanted to get technical re: the oath.

Then, Robb's letter.

Boom, Jon Stark, The King In the North.

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death."

Death and resurrection would indeed free him from the Night's Watch, if he wanted to get technical re: the oath.

Then, Robb's letter.

Boom, Jon Stark, The King In the North.

Jon is so honor bound that I think it would take his death before he would ever leave the Nights Watch, lol. as crazy as that sounds. Hopefully, he's not dead, and somehow is resurrected and becomes the savior of the Starks that they desperately need. The family has been torn apart, piece by piece. Something needs to happen. "A Stark must always be at Winterfell."

Honestly..after what happened and the amount of Wildlings vs the NW that are south of the Wall, I don't think there isn't going to be anything to go back to.

If there is no Night's Watch, what's going to stop him doing what he wants? Only himself.

I think that he didn't die, but is badly wounded and will recover with the help of the Wildlings and Melisandre. Then, when he sees that the NW is no more, he'll rally the Wildlings, go South and try and get as many fighters he can get to go against the Others.

He will also go to Dragonstone and OldTown (or send someone) to find and/or quarry obsidian.

I like Jon, but I kinda hope hes dead. I remember after AGOT when I was actually scared that GRRM might kill someone important. It added drama. Hes needs to invoke that fear again. Jons really one of his only chances. Danys too plot/author protected, and Tyrions his favorite. His only other option that would piss fans off would be Arya. So yeah, I hope theres not unJon ect

Yah, even though Tyrion is one of my favorites, it was pretty anti-climatic that he survived his swim courtesy of Griff (no good deed goes unpunished, eh??).

But I still think Jon can't be dead. It was a great scene. I loved the NW more for it. Jon had gone too far - it was out of character and it wasn't right for him to leave the Wall (no matter what the Bastard has or hasn't done).

Yeah the way I see it at least one more the the stark kids has to die. I dont think it'll be Rickon or Sansa. Bran already lost his legs, and hes with the Children. Hes gonna live it through no matter what(The george weasley rule) so it comes down to Jon and Arya. One of them wont make it I dont think.

But if hes dead people will be shocked. Really shocked. Itd be awesome

Yeah the way I see it at least one more the the stark kids has to die. I dont think it'll be Rickon or Sansa. Bran already lost his legs, and hes with the Children. Hes gonna live it through no matter what(The george weasley rule) so it comes down to Jon and Arya. One of them wont make it I dont think.

But if hes dead people will be shocked. Really shocked. Itd be awesome

I think that Jon kind of has to stay alive from the Writer/Reader perspective. someone else said it earlier, but GRRM needs a POV from the Wall. GRRM has built up the Others coming, and winter isn't even here yet. If we lose Jon as a POV we have no one else on the Wall that can give us the fight with the others. I think Jon is too important to the story to be killed right now. It's only Autumn, and when Winter is really here. The others will come in Droves, its gunna be crazy.

I think that Jon kind of has to stay alive from the Writer/Reader perspective. someone else said it earlier, but GRRM needs a POV from the Wall. GRRM has built up the Others coming, and winter isn't even here yet. If we lose Jon as a POV we have no one else on the Wall that can give us the fight with the others. I think Jon is too important to the story to be killed right now. It's only Autumn, and when Winter is really here. The others will come in Droves, its gunna be crazy.

Hmm your right. But Mel is there. And Jon was leaving the wall anyway. But you have a point for sure. But if he did die, which I still hope he does, maybe we could get a Edd Tollet POV!!!

Why does another Stark have to die? They've already lost Ned and Robb. Enough is enough. It don't see how anothe death will serve the story.

I just cant see them all making it through. Look at the Lannisters. Tywin, kevin, Joff, and im sure there will be more. I just dont see all these kids making it through whats coming

Given the way the last Jon chapter went I'm not sure why people are so wrapped up with the notion that if Jon dies - despite GRRM's "you think he's dead do you?" - he will then be free to leave the Watch.

Effectively that's what he's done. The old Watch - the lonely watchers on the Wall are gone and instead he's setting up for King of the Wildlings and anybody else who'll follow him. Magical interventions by fire demons or anybody else isn't necessary because he's gone too far already and things are never going to be the same again.

It seems quite impossible that Jon is dead and gone. Granted, it wouldn't be unlike GRRM to kill him off, but if he did that then he'd make it absolutely clear.

I notice a lot of people seem to like the "9b" option - Jon's spirit wargs into Ghost then returns to his body once it's been "healed".

I like this theory too, but the trouble is that GRRM would then be accused of having ripped off Robin Hobb, since that's exactly what happens to FitzChivalry Farseer in "Royal Assassin" (sorry if this issue has been raised before)

I think it's quite possible we might get a Jon-as-Ghost POV at least for a few chapters : after all, we did get a POV of Varamyr-as-his-wolf in the ADwD prologue. but for the rest of the series ? I think not...

The other "9" options probably aren't viable (although I'd love to see Jon-as-Wun Wun) : it's clearly spelled out in the prologue that a skinchanger's power disappears when his original body dies. Besides, if skinchangers could do that then they'd be immortal.

No, the most likely outcome is a Rebirth of some sort, probably having something to do with the powerful magic under the Wall... But as to *how* it happens, well, I'm sure none of us will have anticipated it !...

Archived