[ADWD Spoilers] Dear Jon

G Vico

I'm not sure what, if any, point you're trying to make?

No, not a whole novel. Perhaps the last, oh, 113 pages give or take a few? Maybe the epilogue? The point being is that I don't see Jon getting to be "Jon" again till this series almost over.

I'm not sure what, if any, point you're trying to make?

No, not a whole novel. Perhaps the last, oh, 113 pages give or take a few? Maybe the epilogue? The point being is that I don't see Jon getting to be "Jon" again till this series almost over.

...and why do you think that?

Seems a lot of people are reading a bit too much into the Raven. Seemed pretty obvious that the Bird was Bran trying to talk to him. Seemed the Weirwood was Bran trying to talk to Theon. Seemed that kinda obvious that made me upset as GRRM is usually too subtle for my dumb ass.

guys about all this

what would be the point of the only character that has devoted his life to the wall and the fight against others died just before the fight? even if he wargs into ghost he wouldn t have any big influence over the fight and at least to me it seeams a bit realy bad for him to be in ghost for more than 1 or 2 chapters

and besides, in earliers jon's chapters we see that mance ryder is muuuuuuuuuuch stronger than jon and he is helpless angainst the others, so isn t it expected that someting amazing would have to happen to someone so that they can have some advantage that mance didn t have? just like dying and somehow returning to life??? maybe even meeting the big other while he is dead and returning half human half something else that would improve his body capabilities??

after his dream where he is wielding a red sword ( which he has no reason to dream of) killing others whith some black ice armor and after the promise than next time he would beat mance doesn t it give the idea that jon will be present at the final battle and will be a important fighter? which will be very difficult if he remains as LC because he has too many responsabilities to have time to realy train so his "death" is kind of the only way to allow it isn t it?

finally if jon isn t AA or PTWP and if stannis is dead there aren t really much candidates left able to fight their way to vitory, so should we start to prepare ourselves than when the wall is about to fall three dragons appear and burn every foe, the end? i don t see how daenerys, bran or even tyrion would have an active role in the batlle besides riding a dragon (or warging) isn t it a bit disapointing if it comes to this?

<mod>

One-line, insubstantial disagreements do not a constructive or interesting discussion make. Take it to PM - or, as that's presently impossible, let it drop or take it up in the appropriate thread. Thank you.

</mod>

• 2 weeks later...

How about #11. Gravemind Jon: Jon, at the moment of death, unleashes his true skinchanger potential and wargs EVERYONE in the area, including Wun Wun, Melisandre, Bowen Marsh, the wildlings, Patchface, Selyse...even a few random wights and Others skulking north of the wall. After realize what he has done he immediately sets things in motion: Selyse goes back to her chamber and shaves off the mustache, Bowen starts involuntarily punching himself in the groin, the wildlings plunder the armory and then set off for Winterfell at a trot, and the Queen's Men line up to be burned by Melisandre, just as soon as she finishes making out with Val.

I like Jon, but I kinda hope hes dead. I remember after AGOT when I was actually scared that GRRM might kill someone important. It added drama. Hes needs to invoke that fear again. Jons really one of his only chances. Danys too plot/author protected, and Tyrions his favorite. His only other option that would piss fans off would be Arya. So yeah, I hope theres not unJon ect

I think Jon is just as influencial as Dany in this series. I can see Tyrion dead before Jon.

Jon is a song of Ice and Fire, born from both (Lyanna and Rhaegar) He has served at the Wall - Ice, and he is about to be reborn from Fire.

I maybe wrong and he might be dead, I never thought Ned would loose his head when he did, but just I don't see it. Jon will return.

I got to the end of the 22 page John thread just to find it was closed. I just wanted to summarize the theories of what happens to Jon:

1. Julius Ceasar Jon -- dead is dead.

[10. Kentucky Fried Jon -- like Victarion's arm: see below.]

Is this a comprehensive list of the possibilities discussed so far?

11. Medical Department Exhibit Jon -- Jon will survive, but with a hole in his stomach. This will make him an excellent instructional tool for students at the Citadel. He will spend the rest of his life sitting on a stool in a drafty classroom while novices peer inside him to study how food is digested. This will gross Sam Tarly out so much he will go on a diet and become thin as a stick. On the bright side for Jon, he will be able to enjoy the taste of the fearsomely strong cider at the Quill and Tankard, although most of it will leak out his stomach hole after he swallows.

See, the problem with Jon dying here is that... no one believes he's dead, lol. Even if he gets brought back to life, everyone will expect it. It was just such a weird time for him to die, and I think most people feel like he had a lot left to accomplish, so he's not actually dead. Well, we'll see...

Jon is dead, but will be resurrected. Melisandre will give him

the kiss like Thoros did. Because of the short period of death

and because it is the first time, he will be little worse for wear.

However, during his time of death, he will get a better grasp on

his warging powers, communicate with Bran, the three eyed crow, and

so on. It will all last a long time subjective, and when he comes

too, he will have been out of if for a short time.

I don't see Jon returning of having a rebirth by fire, remember on AGOT when he burned the wight with the fire from de lamp, he burned his hand badly, so fire definetly burns him, thus rendering the rebirth by fire useless because fire would consume him. If he returns I think it will have something to do with magic and ice, but not fire.

One thing that I have not read as of yet that is off the wall and crackpot is a Bran rescue of Jon. We have evidence that Bran can travel through time to witness events that have happened in the past. We also have circumstantial evidence that he can communicate with people in the past. He is also just learning about his powers.

What if, after years of growing in power, Bran eventually becomes powerful enough to actually change events in time, and stops the assassination...

This is crazy, and probably will not happen, but it is the realm of possibilities...

I think its very possible that Bran could rescue Jon, because remember the 3 eyed crow told Bran to not try to bring back the dead... I took that for Bran could bring back the dead, but it will have dire consequences.

Me too. The Fire and Ice in the series are Dany and Jon, at least in my mind. If it were dragons and wights, I think they would have had more chapters devoted to just them.

Also remember in the vision that Dany has she hears Rhaegar mention to his wife that one of his children's songs is the song of ice and fire.

I think Zeke has to be dead on. A raven just doesn't say "Jon Snow" and "Corn" and "King" for no reason. I really think Jon will be Ghost and then somehow takes human form again in the last book. Makes the most sense.... everything that Raven says has to be important.

And I have no idea why anyone would want Jon Snow dead? This is a character who is trying to do the right thing and he loves his family -- how can anyone hate that, lol? I think there is room for honor in this series.

Archived