Oona Chaplin is Jeyne…

Westeros

I honestly can't see why she would be a Martell. I mean they don't even show up until book 3. And it would seem pretty silly to me if the makers say they can't fit every character from the book into the series and yet they can invent completely new characters and fit them. And what purpose would it serve?

I honestly wouldn't buy it if they changed the Westerlings to Lannisters I mean seriously there's no way I can see that being plausible with what happens in that Jeyne's storyline.

I honestly can't see why she would be a Martell. I mean they don't even show up until book 3. And it would seem pretty silly to me if the makers say they can't fit every character from the book into the series and yet they can invent completely new characters and fit them. And what purpose would it serve?

I honestly wouldn't buy it if they changed the Westerlings to Lannisters I mean seriously there's no way I can see that being plausible with what happens in that Jeyne's storyline.

I just mean that HBO seems to be "dumbing down" a bit of the storyline for casual viewers. Jeyne is this girl who emerges almost suddenly, from a barely mentioned house, and causes a load of problems. IMO it would make more sense to make her from a bigger house, maybe one that we haven't seen very much from at the moment, as sort of an introduction. Only a guess, though.

Where does it say in the books that Jeyne is blonde ?

Pretty sure she's a brunette, actually. And I would be okay with making her from a cadet branch of House Lannister--although IMO that would confuse the audience even more than explaining that House Westerling is a weak house sworn to House Lannister. Maybe they're using her as part of the not-all-Lannisters-are-bad message.

Interesting idea that Jeyne is a Lannister or (more likely) married to one. We already have Lannister cousins with Lancel and Alton after all.

Given that the producers have said we'll see more of Robb in S2, no surprise that we'll see Jeyne.

No way she's playing Jeyne Westerling. I took one look at her and instantly though "Dornish"

Jeyne Westerling hopefully won't be featured in this season because that means they've cut out a lot of book's 2 and 3, and I'd be pretty pissed off if that was the case. Also it may mean the series catching up on GRRM before he gets to The Winds of Winter, which would also be quite bad.

I'm gonna go with Jeyne Poole. Hopefully.

So they're casting ahead now? Jeyene Westerling will be in this season, we're simply going to follow Robb's skirmishes in the west and get some juicy sex scenes

We'll certainly see Robb screws his kingdom away

Jeyne Westerling doesn't look very western to me, though...

Jeyne Westerling doesn't look very western to me, though...

Or particularly attractive. Maybe it's just the one picture I saw of her, but my first reaction was "I'm not sure I'd hit that, much less hit it at the cost of a kingdom"

My reaction to this and the clue they gave was definitely Jeyne Westerling. However, reading these threads; i am not doubting myself. I understand the dark skin tone throws people off, but I really didn't see it has an issue. It's just how people flipped out over actor playing Brienne was too pretty. I don't know. We have to see how she fits into the series.

Or particularly attractive. Maybe it's just the one picture I saw of her, but my first reaction was "I'm not sure I'd hit that, much less hit it at the cost of a kingdom"

Jaime expressed the same sentiments when he saw Jeyne in AFFC. I never got the impression Jeyne was supposed to be drop dead gorgeous, but I struggle to understand why people think the actress isn't attractive enough for the part. Just because YOU don't find her attractive doesn't mean Robb can't (and other people on this thread think she's hot, so she's not what I'd call ugly by any stretch of the imagination). She certainly looks fine enough to me, but then again I'm a straight female, so maybe I'm not the best person to judge.

Here's my theory. She is no longer "Jeyne Westerling" because the backstory relating to the Westerlings as a minor house pledged to the Lannisters and so on has been eliminated. Instead she is "Jeyne the random girl who Robb meets on the road and falls for."

Thought about this a little more and I think it makes a lot of sense.

I think it would be pretty hard to pull off "Robb hears of the deaths of his brothers so he sleeps with some girl he just met." But if "Jeyne" is instead some random girl who Robb meets on the way -- he gets to know her early in the season, slight flirting, they develop a friendship but Robb knows he has a fiancee, then after Robb gets the bad news she comforts him. Bam, there's Robb's arc for the season.

"

Archived