[ADWD SPOILERS] Baby-Switching And Dany

tze

Why give her 3 dragon eggs then, if she were an unimportant player? I mean, the dragon eggs are bloody expensive. Are you suggesting Illyrio / Varys paid in for Drogo to take Daenerys.

This is my most favorite theory. Dany being a red herring, ah the beauty of it...

I have come late to the thread, so sorry if this has been posted... But if one of the Viserys/Dany pair had been swapped, I think it'd more likely be Viserys. Let's not forget that Dany is fireproof... Viserys was not. This is a unique trait to the Targaryens, as far as I know. I suppose others in Valyria could have been similarly gifted, but I do not beleive any mention of this has been made.

I have come late to the thread, so sorry if this has been posted... But if one of the Viserys/Dany pair had been swapped, I think it'd more likely be Viserys. Let's not forget that Dany is fireproof... Viserys was not. This is a unique trait to the Targaryens, as far as I know. I suppose others in Valyria could have been similarly gifted, but I do not beleive any mention of this has been made.

Her no fireproof. Her no fireproof. Her no fireproof.

Him said special thing. Cavemen know this. Why nudebee not?

This is interesting but seems pretty far-fetched. "The Child of Three" I think would more likely apply to her having another sibling... Aegon. Maybe The Mad King raped his son's wife and she never told Rhaegar. That would make 3 children for Aerys.

I tend to believe the Targ powers (Resistence to heat, fire, etc...) are similar to the Stark's warging abilities. Everyone in the bloodline is born with the ability but only a few are able to fully "awaken" them.

Her no fireproof. Her no fireproof. Her no fireproof.

Him said special thing. Cavemen know this. Why nudebee not?

Wow good job. You managed to blend cryptic with patronizing while completely avoiding the topic of the thread. Its posts like these that make it a joy to be a new member to these forums. Thank you.

This is interesting but seems pretty far-fetched. "The Child of Three" I think would more likely apply to her having another sibling... Aegon. Maybe The Mad King raped his son's wife and she never told Rhaegar. That would make 3 children for Aerys.

I tend to believe the Targ powers (Resistence to heat, fire, etc...) are similar to the Stark's warging abilities. Everyone in the bloodline is born with the ability but only a few are able to fully "awaken" them.

Child of three, Rhaegar; Viserys; Daenerys, hmm that is three. Rhaenys, Aegon (or my pet theory, stillborn daughter), Jon; hmm, that is three. Cersei, Jaime, Tyrion; Again we have three. All three are marked by having their mother die in childbirth.

I think it's very interesting that Ashara Dayne keeps weaving into the story. Ashara was supposedly dishonored by "Stark", gave birth to a stillborn girl, then killed herself. Ashara was a lady-in-waiting to Princess Elia. The Daynes have Valyrian coloring---we saw the hair in Darkstar and Ashara herself had the eyes.

Viserys was too old to be switched, and too many people had seen him at court. Dany, however, was a baby, and switching her with an imposter would have been easy. Oh, if only there was some Targaryen loyalist, close to the royal family, who had a baby girl with Valyrian coloring! She could easily be switched with the baby princess, the real princess could be spirited off in secret, and when the girl was grown, Ser Willam would tell her the truth. Except Ser Willam died, so his secrets died with him; he didn't even have time to tell Viserys of the pact with Doran Martell, after all. And it's not like Viserys would have known the difference between two young girls.

I really wonder if GRRM is planning on the ultimate plot twist: everyone's so busy wondering if Jon is Ned's son, and now if Aegon is really Rhaegar's son, NOBODY is questioning whether Dany is really who she's supposed to be. But what do we know of Dany?

We know that she was born nine months after the sacking of the Red Keep. Brandon is long dead when she is conceived, so it would be very difficult for Ashara to have been inseminated by him. You bring up the dishonor at Harrenhal, but like most you read Stark as the very last word in two paragraphs and automatically move it into the first. Barristan does not name the person who dishonored Ashara, for a very good reason, he is sworn to protect his secrets. Aerys is known to be fond of raping, and he is above any accusation that Ashara could bring. So, I believe that Aerys commanded Barristan to bring Ashara to his quarters, and Barristan stood guard while the mad king did the deed. Barristan has some conjecture that Ashara sought Ned's help in recovering her good name, and was rejected (because Ned is married, at that point).

Child of three, Rhaegar; Viserys; Daenerys, hmm that is three. Rhaenys, Aegon (or my pet theory, stillborn daughter), Jon; hmm, that is three. Cersei, Jaime, Tyrion; Again we have three. All three are marked by having their mother die in childbirth.

Isnt Child of Three suppose to mean she was born from the line of Aegon the Conqueror and his 2 sisters?

Isnt Child of Three suppose to mean she was born from the line of Aegon the Conqueror and his 2 sisters?

The way I read it they are in either your interpretation or mine. (I assume that Tyrion is Aerys' child, though. And, it is known that Jon is Rhaegar's son, three King's Guard died proving that.)

Wow good job. You managed to blend cryptic with patronizing while completely avoiding the topic of the thread. Its posts like these that make it a joy to be a new member to these forums. Thank you.

:crying:

Most folks are nice on this forum, Ser Nerd! Just try to ignore the handful that are rude. There is lots of great research and theories here so remember that the good outweighs the bad.

• 2 weeks later...

I love, love, love this theory. Although not without its problems, the theory goes a long way in answering some lingering questions I had regarding Dany.

btw...do we know absolutely and beyond a shadow of a doubt that Rhaella actually died giving birth to Dany? Sorry if it's been asked and answered a hundred times already.

Interesting theory.

Though it seems with Ashara it does not work, Dany should be older because of it.

But because of the child of three I do think her parentage is not that clear. I dont think it has just some meta meaning like the three dragons become her parents (not to mention they are her children), because she especially ask after it. When they say her child of three, she ask back in her head and sais I dont understand.

Good point about that maybe she has warging ability. But according to timeline a R+L=D wouldn't be closer? Or since she has eyes like Ashara but still has silver hair she could be AD+L as well.

I wondered about the warging ability, but I highly doubt it. We've had Danny POV's and none show Warging. Her dragons seems to do as they wish, exception being when she had the whip. But, had she had warging ability, she definetly wouldnt be stuck out in the middle of nowhere at the end of ADWD.

Why give her 3 dragon eggs then, if she were an unimportant player? I mean, the dragon eggs are bloody expensive. Are you suggesting Illyrio / Varys paid in for Drogo to take Daenerys.

This is my most favorite theory. Dany being a red herring, ah the beauty of it...

Why should she be unimportant just because she's not a real Targ? She still has controll of a dragon, an army of unsullied and pretty soon probably a very big khalassar, all of whom couldn't care less. It's the relevance of the Targ heritage that's potentially the red herring here.

Archived