Sandor Clegane 3

Black Amethyst

And where is littlespider? I feel so let down -- she is supposed to be woobing this place up today!

I will be back to woob, but I first have to watch a monster movie and then read tons of violent shit that I am teaching on thurs. It makes ASOIAF with all its atrocities read like little boys in suspenders skipping in the park with their puppies.

San/San will never have hate-fuck. This is known. He only hate-fucks with prostitutes. but I will explain my exact and painfully detailed take on this later.

When he comes back, he will be completely reformed. He will also be clear in the fact that he will Only. Evar. Love. Sansa. But he is convinced that she will never love him and they will never be together because (a) he fucked up seriously, for which he has done serious self-flagellation all over his muscle-y back and and shed many tears and been all hot and tortured and (B) she has flown away never to return. So he will be pent up and sad but he's going to be stoic about it. But I think his new-found quest will be finding her, falling at her feet and apologizing, and then vowing to protect her for the rest of his natural life. This is why he'll leave the island when he recognizes Pod.

I will be back...

I still lay money on him seriously messing Tyrion up if they meet before his impression of their marriage is corrected.

I think that's a distinct possibility

should Tyrion be back in Westeros anytime soon.

And it would probably be Sandor's first topic of conversation with him, which Tyrion no doubt would pick up on right away, since he'd probably be thinking of Sandor's defection from Lannister service. We already know that Sandor has some kind of beef with Tyrion. This would just be more fuel for the fire. Tyrion failed to 'talk him down' before wrt the wildfire, so his best hope would be to roll out of reach of Sandor's sword.

I think that's a distinct possibility

should Tyrion be back in Westeros anytime soon.

And it would probably be Sandor's first topic of conversation with him, which Tyrion no doubt would pick up on right away, since he'd probably be thinking of Sandor's defection from Lannister service. We already know that Sandor has some kind of beef with Tyrion. This would just be more fuel for the fire. Tyrion failed to 'talk him down' before wrt the wildfire, so his best hope would be to roll out of reach of Sandor's sword.

Topic of coversation? :eek: :lmao:

The only conversing Sandor will do with Tyrion will be with his sword. Tyrion won't have time to pick up on anything.

I bet GRRM is trolling these forums just looking for ways to mess with us! If this shows up in a book I am blaming YOU. :thumbsdown:

I don't see Sandor holding grudges against little girls. I just can't see it.

He will also be clear in the fact that he will Only. Evar. Love. Sansa. But he is convinced that she will never love him and they will never be together because (a) he fucked up seriously, for which he has done serious self-flagellation all over his muscle-y back and and shed many tears and been all hot and tortured and ( B) she has flown away never to return. So he will be pent up and sad but he's going to be stoic about it. But I think his new-found quest will be finding her, falling at her feet and apologizing, and then vowing to protect her for the rest of his natural life. This is why he'll leave the island when he recognizes Pod.

Agreed on all counts. I'd love to see him with Pod. He'd render Pod absolutely mute.

No, he's chill now!

Wait until Pod brags about killing a man to save Tyrion's life, in the battle that Tyrion humiliated him, in advance of Tyrion's marriage to Sansa.

Poor socially awkward Pod. :lol:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY DID YOU SAY THAT. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE - IT'S WESTEROS AND IT'S THE INTERNET.

I bet GRRM is trolling these forums just looking for ways to mess with us! If this shows up in a book I am blaming YOU. :thumbsdown:

Hahahaha, sorry :) I can read it now ;) Sansa plays the marriage card to get rid of LF and Harry. She flees the Eyrie and heads to Casterly Rock. On her arrival she meets up with Sandor who has gone to take over his granddad's old job cause this is as much as he can do with a bum leg. They're both happy cause they're together and everyone thinks Tyrion is long dead or never coming back to Westeros. But then lo and behold, guess who shows up (on dragon back no less, and with a royal pardon from Dany) and decides it's time he claimed his rights and wife. Sansa has to go along with this cause she's afraid that Tyrion will have Sandor roasted if he learns the truth of her feelings for the kennel master and she can't admit to Sandor that the marriage wasn't consummated cause he'll insist she leaves Tyrion and she really needs to stay married to see her family honor restored and ensure Cersei's demise. :eek:

Hahahaha, sorry :) I can read it now ;) Sansa plays the marriage card to get rid of LF and Harry. She flees the Eyrie and heads to Casterly Rock. On her arrival she meets up with Sandor who has gone to take over his granddad's old job cause this is as much as he can do with a bum leg. They're both happy cause they're together and everyone thinks Tyrion is long dead or never coming back to Westeros. But then lo and behold, guess who shows up (on dragon back no less, and with a royal pardon from Dany) and decides it's time he claimed his rights and wife. Sansa has to go along with this cause she's afraid that Tyrion will have Sandor roasted if he learns the truth of her feelings for the kennel master and she can't admit to Sandor that the marriage wasn't consummated cause he'll insist she leaves Tyrion and she really needs to stay married to see her family honor restored and ensure Cersei's demise. :eek:

Sandor would NEVER return to Lannister service. He said so emphatically in ASoS. Part of his whole redemption arc is that he no longer wants to be anyone's dog. The shitty things he did were in Lannister service, so it would kinda......crap all over him reforming.

Do I think it will present difficulties? Possibly. His family is a western one and those are the unfortunate liege lords. It depends on what Sandor wants for himself. Right now I don't see him interested in claiming his lands there. His family basically consists of...himself, sad as that is, so I guess if he wanted to change his allegiance to some other area, now would be the time. I would see that happening before going back west.

Wait until Pod brags about killing a man to save Tyrion's life, in the battle that Tyrion humiliated him, in advance of Tyrion's marriage to Sansa.

Poor socially awkward Pod. :lol:

I <3 Pod. I loved how good Tyrion was with him.

But on that note, I don't think Sandor would hold that against Pod. He'd probably just congratulate him or something. Maybe put in a snide self deprecating comment that would render poor Pod embarrassed and mute for the rest of their time together.

I <3 Pod. I loved how good Tyrion was with him.

I thought Tyrion was kind of a dick to Pod, personally. He wasn't cruel or anything, but he wasn't willing to make any concession for Pod's shyness either. He treated him with typical disdain for a servant. It's noticeable a lot more in AFFC when Pod meets up with Brienne. He is positively CHATTY compared to how he was in other books, most likely because Brienne put him a lot more at ease and he felt secure. And she was nicer to him.

Sandor would NEVER return to Lannister service. He said so emphatically in ASoS. Part of his whole redemption arc is that he no longer wants to be anyone's dog. The shitty things he did were in Lannister service, so it would kinda......crap all over him reforming.

Do I think it will present difficulties? Possibly. His family is a western one and those are the unfortunate liege lords. It depends on what Sandor wants for himself. Right now I don't see him interested in claiming his lands there. His family basically consists of...himself, sad as that is, so I guess if he wanted to change his allegiance to some other area, now would be the time. I would see that happening before going back west.

Agreed, but the Lannisters have fallen, and he may need a job desperately. He wouldn't be their dog anymore either, just the dog keeper. But I agree this is farfetched and I was trying to freak headtrip honey out even more :)

I thought Tyrion was kind of a dick to Pod, personally. He wasn't cruel or anything, but he wasn't willing to make any concession for Pod's shyness either. He treated him with typical disdain for a servant. It's noticeable a lot more in AFFC when Pod meets up with Brienne. He is positively CHATTY compared to how he was in other books, most likely because Brienne put him a lot more at ease and he felt secure. And she was nicer to him.

Aw, see, I read it completely differently. I saw Tyrion as getting exasperated with Pod occasionally, feeling bad when he did. I think he was trying to encourage him, but didn't know exactly how to do it.

I then saw Pod's chattiness with Brienne as Tyrion's influence. Tyrion encouraged him (heraldry, etc), and so Pod became more confident.

But that was my personal reading of it, anyhow.

Agreed, but the Lannisters have fallen, and he may need a job desperately. He wouldn't be their dog anymore either, just the dog keeper. But I agree this is farfetched and I was trying to freak headtrip honey out even more :)

You failed, ser/lady.

The sheer RIDICULOUSNESS of that situation put my fears at ease. ;)

All Sansa needs to do is make a claim for Casterly Rock or something in order to need to keep up appearances of her marriage being well and fully consummated. Doesn't mean Sandor has to go back to the Lannisters. You overreached!

I wasn't paying much attention, but consummated marriage or no, Sansa has zero claim over Casterly Rock.

Mehhhhh Westeros is going to hell quickly. I don't think that people will be sticking to strict inheritance conventions for much longer.

And even if they were, she could say she was taking Casterly Rock over in the name of her husband, as its rightful Lady. (Did Tywin make it known to anyone else that he didn't want Tyrion inheriting? I can't remember)

I mean, Jaime is a member of the Kingsguard and busy doing...stuff. Cersei is a daughter, not to mention the fact that she's in disgrace.

Kevan got Varys'd.

I'm not saying I think she will, but it's feasible in my mind that she COULD make a claim for Casterly Rock in Tyrion's name, (This is, of course, supposing that their names have been cleared at this point) as he's the last living male Lannister in direct line with Tywin, anyhow.

Aw, see, I read it completely differently. I saw Tyrion as getting exasperated with Pod occasionally, feeling bad when he did. I think he was trying to encourage him, but didn't know exactly how to do it.

I then saw Pod's chattiness with Brienne as Tyrion's influence. Tyrion encouraged him (heraldry, etc), and so Pod became more confident.

But that was my personal reading of it, anyhow.

I thought KL was a bad situation for Pod, all around. I saw him gaining confidence when he was finally out of there, in AFFC. The heraldry thing I perceived differently too. I think it was meant to illustrate that Pod is smart and has a lot of potential that we just didn't see. That and Tyrion was just too lazy (or didn't care) to explain who all was coming so he had Pod recite it for him.

Now that I think of it, Tyrion pretty much just took for granted that Pod saved his life. I don't think he properly thanked him or anything. He certainly didn't honour him. Probably thought it was beneath him. I don't hate Tyrion, but he's not perfect.

The only claim Sansa will ever try to make on Casterly Rock is the claim of ripping it down, stone by stone, and sowing the ground over with salt. But it seems much more likely that Dany will get the honors, there.

Cersei is currently the lady of Casterly Rock. Kevan says so, and it is even in the appendix. After her it is Tommen and then Myrcella. After them it is Lancel, and Lancel's brother.

I thought KL was a bad situation for Pod, all around. I saw him gaining confidence when he was finally out of there, in AFFC. The heraldry thing I perceived differently too. I think it was meant to illustrate that Pod is smart and has a lot of potential that we just didn't see. That and Tyrion was just too lazy (or didn't care) to explain who all was coming so he had Pod recite it for him.

I'm always happy to complain about Tyrion (who gets way too much love, and way too much whitewashing) but now I just think you are being mean to him. :lol: He was trying to make an effort to teach Pod some things there, like when LF gives Sansa the roll of arms for Vale lords.

Tyrion could be a lot better with Pod, but I don't think he is deliberately mean. He just doesn't quite know or really care about how best to work around his shy personality. I do think Brienne was better for him.

You failed, ser/lady.

The sheer RIDICULOUSNESS of that situation put my fears at ease. ;)

All Sansa needs to do is make a claim for Casterly Rock or something in order to need to keep up appearances of her marriage being well and fully consummated. Doesn't mean Sandor has to go back to the Lannisters. You overreached!

hehehehe :cheers:

Can't you see I'm desperately trying to bring them together! And I'm a lady, sometimes a tramp. :ninja:

Archived