Sandor Clegane 3

Black Amethyst

Um, I'm intrigued. What is this series? Like a BDSM kinky version of Jane Eyre? Yes please.

Does anybody realise that at the end of Jane Eyre. Mr Rochester is halfblind, terribly burnt (having tried to save the life of Bertha Mason) and lives in a smaller castle in the north of England with Jane?

Perhaps Sansa and Sandor will go live in the Dreadfort after Sandor is gravely injured killing UnGregor

It is known

Does anybody realise that at the end of Jane Eyre. Mr Rochester is halfblind, terribly burnt (having tried to save the life of Bertha Mason) and lives in a smaller castle in the north of England with Jane?

Perhaps Sansa and Sandor will go live in the Dreadfort after Sandor is gravely injured killing UnGregor

It is known

Or Sansa goes mad and Sandor has to lock her up in the attic :devil:

Delectabuhls.

May I present for HFG inspection le Dalton, in a smokey-flavored 1983 vintage called "Edward Fairfax Rochester BBC mini-series." Unfortunately I could not find a pic of him from the series doing what he does best (at least for the first half or so): being a scowling, smirking, sarcastic dick to Jane. So you will have to settle for this one, which is a bit more "pretty" than is appropriate:

http://foureyedowl.f...6/rochester.jpg

He looks too friendly here, so you should all watch this mini-series NAO espesh if you are a hopeless romantic.* He's got it all: heavy brow, dark hair, grey eyes, large imposing nose (though not hooked). He is also freakish tall compared to tiny Zelah Clark. The other thing is that in the series, his eyes seriously GLITTER. Usually when he is pissed or is saying seriously obnoxious stuff to Jane. He also does kinky shit, like this:

http://images2.fanpo...130-640-480.jpg

<snip>

This one approves.

Timothy Dalton is in my top 10 of OMFG UNF hot guys. One of the most underappreciated James Bonds, IMHO.

Go watch him in A Lion in Winter. NOW. He's such a scheming douchebag it's AMAZING. That whole movie is amazing, tbh.

Bwahahahhahahaa!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao: This made me laugh so hard I had to explain to my husband what I was reading. Thank you, I needed that.

I don't mind some hair on my men (Jackman is a fine example) but if the Hound were to be smooth so each ripply muscle could be adequately appreciated . . . well, I'd be the last to complain. Now Gregor, there's a hairy bastard, no doubt.

Ugh, Gregor definitely has back hair. ::gag::

I think the right kind of chest hair can accentuate rippling muscle. I get "caveman" vibe from the Hound (the sexy kind, clearly), so there's gotta be fur.

Rory being Scottish is presumably on the hairy side (like the very sexy Sean Connery)

He totally is. There's not that many pics of him sans shirt out there (I tried, believe me), but this picture (in which he has an adorkable grin) just proves the hairy beast that lies beneath:

http://www.flickr.co...ery/5887820405/

JORAH DOES NOT HAVE THAT MUCH HAIR I OBJECT!! :fencing:

I'ts obviously exaggeration for effect! :tantrum:

THIS

http://media.tumblr....fRRj1qfczpu.gif

ACTUALLY IN MY WORLD JORAH LOOKS LIKE THIS ONLY SLIGHTLY UGLIER *LALALALAIMNOTLISTENINGLAALALAL*

Thank you!! I love the actor they got to play Jorah, (mainly because I think he's sexy as hell, but that's me) but when I read it, I kinda imagine him like Russell Crowe...except, y'know, balding. I don't care how much manscaping Russell does, man is a hairy beast and sexy to boot.

You mean she should have taken his clothes off? :P

Of course. It is known. ;)

jkjk

I think the right kind of chest hair can accentuate rippling muscle. I get "caveman" vibe from the Hound (the sexy kind, clearly), so there's gotta be fur.

He totally is. There's not that many pics of him sans shirt out there (I tried, believe me), but this picture (in which he has an adorkable grin) just proves the hairy beast that lies beneath:

Thank you!! I love the actor they got to play Jorah, (mainly because I think he's sexy as hell, but that's me) but when I read it, I kinda imagine him like Russell Crowe...except, y'know, balding. I don't care how much manscaping Russell does, man is a hairy beast and sexy to boot.

Ha! What is it with this cast and all the kitty cat pictures? Too much hair, though. In my mind, the Hound has a dusting of hair, but that's it.

Seriously, the descriptions of Jorah's pelt make me want to hurl. Thankfully, Iain Glen is a vision. He's got that typical Brit/Scot look that makes my salivary glands run on overdrive. Ditto Sean Bean. And Colin Firth. Timothy Dalton looks too much like David Cooperfield for me. I just find Russell Crowe obnoxious.

But back to hair. And Sandor. Someone suggested on one of these threads that Sandor probably loves Sansa's hair and there was some discussion on Sandor's lame comb-over. The guys on the QI would be doing us all a favor if they scrubbed him down and cleaned him up. His hair must've been getting long and his beard must've been out of control (and louse-y) by the time they found him. It would be nice, especially after being reunited with Sansa, if he took a little more pride in his appearance. I know he doesn't want people looking at him (hence the blah dark gray armor) but, with the reduction/loss of his anger, it seems fitting that he wouldn't need to hide his scars behind the comb-over anymore. Also, he's ditched the Hound persona (and lost the helm, which was his only former nod to ornamentation) so I'm thinking a more clean-cut look is in order. George spends so much time describing armor and food. I hope, whenever we see him again, that he gives us a sentence or two on what Sandor looks like now. I wonder if that twitch will calm down, too.

Ha! What is it with this cast and all the kitty cat pictures? Too much hair, though. In my mind, the Hound has a dusting of hair, but that's it.

Seriously, the descriptions of Jorah's pelt make me want to hurl. Thankfully, Iain Glen is a vision. He's got that typical Brit/Scot look that makes my salivary glands run on overdrive. Ditto Sean Bean. And Colin Firth. Timothy Dalton looks too much like David Cooperfield for me. I just find Russell Crowe obnoxious.

But back to hair. And Sandor. Someone suggested on one of these threads that Sandor probably loves Sansa's hair and there was some discussion on Sandor's lame comb-over. The guys on the QI would be doing us all a favor if they scrubbed him down and cleaned him up. His hair must've been getting long and his beard must've been out of control (and louse-y) by the time they found him. It would be nice, especially after being reunited with Sansa, if he took a little more pride in his appearance. I know he doesn't want people looking at him (hence the blah dark gray armor) but, with the reduction/loss of his anger, it seems fitting that he wouldn't need to hide his scars behind the comb-over anymore. Also, he's ditched the Hound persona (and lost the helm, which was his only former nod to ornamentation) so I'm thinking a more clean-cut look is in order. George spends so much time describing armor and food. I hope, whenever we see him again, that he gives us a sentence or two on what Sandor looks like now. I wonder if that twitch will calm down, too.

Rory def. needs to manscape a bit, but just a bit. His arms aren't too hairy, so maybe it's just the chest. If he just edged it, so to speak, to keep it below the collar bone, I'm good. :)

Re: the Hound and a makeover - That'd be nice. And even if he feels the need to keep the hair long, at least keep it clean, dude.

I'm hoping the QI calms down some of Sandor's rage. Not all of it. I'm still fine with him hating Gregor and hating most of the assholes he's had to deal with him in his life, but it'd be nice if he left QI not hating himself.

Woooooo, I'm glad I missed the hairy chest discussion :) Just for the record, a little chest hair is perfectly acceptable, but hairy nipples ARE THE WORST :ack:

Now back unto discussing Sandor's finer attributes:

1. Is he a good kisser? - somehow I think that despite all the mouth twitching he's probably very good. Why Sansa, whyyyyy did you have to close your eyes!!

I don't know why (well, maybe I do) but I am giggling like a maniac at the suggestion that the Hound needs to take pride in his appearance. Poor dude... :lol:

He had his nice olive green cloak that he used to wear, as well as the Hound helm.

The chest hair is fine, but the problem is leaving the shirt open to expose it. Uncool. Back hair is where the problems lie, or neck hair that runs down below the collar.

Rory def. needs to manscape a bit, but just a bit. His arms aren't too hairy, so maybe it's just the chest. If he just edged it, so to speak, to keep it below the collar bone, I'm good. :)

Re: the Hound and a makeover - That'd be nice. And even if he feels the need to keep the hair long, at least keep it clean, dude.

I'm hoping the QI calms down some of Sandor's rage. Not all of it. I'm still fine with him hating Gregor and hating most of the assholes he's had to deal with him in his life, but it'd be nice if he left QI not hating himself.

Rory is pretty good looking.

Now back unto discussing Sandor's finer attributes:

1. Is he a good kisser? - somehow I think that despite all the mouth twitching he's probably very good. Why Sansa, whyyyyy did you have to close your eyes!!

Somehow I feel like he's gonna be a clumsy kisser. He's been to brothels, but I'm sure that didn't involve any kinda sexy makeouts. Now, some people have natural talent, but I think it'd be kinda sweet if they were both clumsy and inexperienced together. Might lessen Sansa's embarrassment at being all virginal and crap. (assuming she still is when all this goes down)

I don't know why (well, maybe I do) but I am giggling like a maniac at the suggestion that the Hound needs to take pride in his appearance. Poor dude... :lol:

He had his nice olive green cloak that he used to wear, as well as the Hound helm.

The chest hair is fine, but the problem is leaving the shirt open to expose it. Uncool. Back hair is where the problems lie, or neck hair that runs down below the collar.

Ditto on the shirt - button it up, dude. In Rory's defense, even if he had it buttoned up all the way, some hair would be exposed. So maybe he thought it looked better that way? I dunno.

I think there is an interesting comparison between Jane Eyre / Mr Rochester and Sansa / The Hound. The characters share a lot of similarities: Sansa and Jane are orphaned and very much at the mercy of others until they find a way to stand up for themselves. Equally Mr Rochester is a typical Byronic Hero, as is the Hound.

The difference is that Sandor doesn't have a spouse he wants to get rid of, but Sansa does. Also in Jane Eyre the only way in which their pairing becomes acceptable is after his wife is dead and she has inherited enough money to become his equal. Oddly it maybe the opposite way round with Sansa; she can only become his social equal by staying as Alyane.

Also the Saltpans will need to be resolved for Clegane to come back into the story.... and survive.

Also the Saltpans will need to be resolved for Clegane to come back into the story.... and survive.

Well, if he goes North with Sansa he might be able to survive. He's done for in the south though, I don't think any resolution is possible for him.

Ditto on the shirt - button it up, dude. In Rory's defense, even if he had it buttoned up all the way, some hair would be exposed. So maybe he thought it looked better that way? I dunno.

Yeah, I took another look and it does need to be taken down just enough so it can be covered with a shirt.

You know, another boarder is certain sure that Sansa is going to stay Alayne. I've been thinking it over, and while I remain completely unconvinced the only way I could see it maybe working is if she connects with Sandor since he can set her up outside of the Vale in a stable position -- she can't just run off without help reestablishing herself as a commoner, and obviously she attracts too much attention as LF's bastard daughter so she can't stay in that role either. I am very, very skeptical of this ending since Sansa is too important to reestablishing House Stark, but I wouldn't be unhappy with it either. Interesting food for thought...

I think there is an interesting comparison between Jane Eyre / Mr Rochester and Sansa / The Hound. The characters share a lot of similarities: Sansa and Jane are orphaned and very much at the mercy of others until they find a way to stand up for themselves. Equally Mr Rochester is a typical Byronic Hero, as is the Hound.

The difference is that Sandor doesn't have a spouse he wants to get rid of, but Sansa does. Also in Jane Eyre the only way in which their pairing becomes acceptable is after his wife is dead and she has inherited enough money to become his equal. Oddly it maybe the opposite way round with Sansa; she can only become his social equal by staying as Alyane.

Yes and no. While the Hound does fit the archetype of the Byronic hero (I just gagged in my mouth a little...I hate Byronic heroes, so it pains me to say this, as I love the Hound. Maybe it's just that I hate the Byronic heroes a la the Bronte sisters...), I don't think that Sansa and Jane Eyre are as similar.

Jane Eyre feels inferior, because of her low birth and her "plain" face. She is physically frail, although morally strong.

Sansa, on the other hand, begins by feeling superior, as she is high born, and she knows she is beautiful. She may be "frail," only in that she's a small girl. She is, however, morally strong. She is developing into a more jaded character, unlike Jane Eyre, who stayed morally rigid.

There's not that many pics of him sans shirt out there (I tried, believe me), but this picture (in which he has an adorkable grin) just proves the hairy beast that lies beneath:

;)

In that picture he actually shaved his neck, I've seen some where you can tell the neck fur is creeping up out of the shirt collar. I'm ok with a chest full of hair but it's just back hair that will make me gag.

In that picture he actually shaved his neck, I've seen some where you can tell the neck fur is creeping up out of the shirt collar. I'm ok with a chest full of hair but it's just back hair that will make me gag.

You don't think it would be pretty all plaited with bows, like when Beast gets a bath in the Disney movie? :lol:

*runs away*

Somehow I feel like he's gonna be a clumsy kisser. He's been to brothels, but I'm sure that didn't involve any kinda sexy makeouts. Now, some people have natural talent, but I think it'd be kinda sweet if they were both clumsy and inexperienced together. Might lessen Sansa's embarrassment at being all virginal and crap. (assuming she still is when all this goes down) .

Yeah, it could go either way, but they'll probably be too caught up in the moment to notice. ;)

You know, another boarder is certain sure that Sansa is going to stay Alayne. I've been thinking it over, and while I remain completely unconvinced the only way I could see it maybe working is if she connects with Sandor since he can set her up outside of the Vale in a stable position -- she can't just run off without help reestablishing herself as a commoner, and obviously she attracts too much attention as LF's bastard daughter so she can't stay in that role either. I am very, very skeptical of this ending since Sansa is too important to reestablishing House Stark, but I wouldn't be unhappy with it either. Interesting food for thought...

There is some credence to the idea that she could decide to remain as Alayne, but this would only work if she manages to kill LF and is able to hide her identity from others. Also, she would need to know that her brothers and Arya are alive so that she can feel comfortable leaving the Stark restoration in their hands. Obviously Mya and Randa will be big influences on how this decision goes - she'll see that bastard girls don't have the same pressures or expectations that noble born girls do, but this also comes with the pitfalls of not getting treated with the same deference or being overlooked as a marriage option.

Honestly, she may decide to hold onto the Alayne for a time until she reveals herself on her own terms, not LF's. I doubt she would make the choice to remain as Alayne forever though, unless she truly makes the ultimate sacrifice for love and chooses to be with Sandor. And even then it's not practical to think that no one in the seven kingdoms will remember/know that she is Sansa Stark. Perhaps they'll head across the narrow seas...

There is also a neat contrast here between her and the Hound. Will he choose to remain "dead" and let the ignominy of his name live on at Saltpans, or will he come back as Sandor publicly and seek to clear his reputation?

Well, she certainly can't stay in the Vale as Alayne, even once LF dies -- too many hard questions will be asked about her northern accent, and she was dying her hair. It is only a matter of time until she is identified there.

So staying Alayne Stone, LF's bastard daughter, is simply out of the question. But fleeing the Vale and becoming... I don't know, Catelyn Rivers/Catelyn Snow (remember she wanted to use her mother's name as her pseudonym at first) is much more doable, if she wanted to stay a bastard brave girl with no claim. I have a lot of trouble seeing it, because I think that Sansa is way too important to both House Stark and House Tully, and I'm not sure I think it would make sense to end her story as a commoner when she could be Cersei's queen or the lady of a great house. And Sansa does love all the luxuries that come with her status -- lemoncakes, and pretty dresses and jewelry. I have trouble seeing her give that up.

I also think, based on Jaime's ADWD chapters and comments about Sansa, that he was planning to arrange a quiet marriage for her to some innkeep or blacksmith if he found her. But I am growing more and more convinced that Jaime is dead now, so his plans for her won't see fruition...

Arya on the other hand doesn't care at all about the luxuries of being Lady Arya Stark of Winterfell, and seems the more likely of the two to end up anonymous -- and she can actually contribute to the overall political storyline as a Faceless Man, which Sansa couldn't do as a commoner. Interesting stuff to think about...

Arya on the other hand doesn't care at all about the luxuries of being Lady Arya Stark of Winterfell, and seems the more likely of the two to end up anonymous -- and she can actually contribute to the overall political storyline as a Faceless Man, which Sansa couldn't do as a commoner. Interesting stuff to think about...

And this is precisely why she may end up becoming Arya Stark, Lady of Winterfell. The one who cared for all the pomp and prestige ends up a commoner and Arya ends up settllng down and ruling Winterfell. (I think Rickon is going to die btw)

What are the odds of Arya (married to Gendry) being Cersei's younger Queen if Sansa decides to head off and live anonymously?

I think Arya would make a poor lady or a queen, and be very unhappy in the role. Was it not foreshadowing when Ned tells her of her future, and she says no -- that is Sansa?

Gendry will never be a king. Edric Storm is a possible future lord of the stormlands though.

Archived