Sandor Clegane 3

Black Amethyst

Poor Sansa.

Poor Sansa is right. I'm afraid if she suffers from more trauma she will start to resemble Bill the Cat. For some reason I think Arya would be able to deal with the existence of UnCat better.

Though I dunno, maybe I'm not giving the LB enough cred.

Heh, or this just perfectly illustrates that he is closer to an alcoholic than a conniseur?? :P Didn't he basically tell someone to fuck off at one point when they offered him water? I believe during BBW. I laughed. Ok, I don't really think he's an alcoholic, but not far off.

I have a penchant for Belgian fruity beers personally. And their honey beer. I basically don't like beer if it isn't Belgian.

How I picture Sandor responding to a suggestion to go to the Wall:

"Bugger that, I'm not about to freeze off my cock trying to take a piss." I just don't see him there, at all, even with the awesomeness that is Tormund Giantsbane for company.

He is totes an alcoholic. I think this was part of the Elder Brother's point when he was explaining Sandor's emo life story to Brienne. Now, I am all for alcoholic recovery and think it is cool. But for some reason I don't picture him meeting up with Sansa at the crossroads and being like "hey, get my gf a peach flavored beer; i'll have water."

Come to think of it, there are lots of alcoholics in these books. Hmmm....

And as far as beer taste goes, apparently we are the same. The Man would probably call it bitch beer. I am okay wiz zat.

Nah, Tormund would convince him. But he wouldn't go to the wall; he'd be at Winterfell as the new master of arms. Well, that's his part time job on the side. His full time job is sex slave.

Poor Sansa is right. I'm afraid if she suffers from more trauma she will start to resemble Bill the Cat. For some reason I think Arya would be able to deal with the existence of UnCat better.

Though I dunno, maybe I'm not giving the LB enough cred.

I don't know. Arya has a hole where her heart is, and Sansa does not. OTOH, Sansa seems to be growing quite cold emotionally -- she's building up walls after everything she went through in KL and it is almost as though she truly doesn't feel anything anymore. While Arya claims a hole in heart, she still seems to feel much more emotion than Sansa does. I almost think Sansa could handle it better because she is better at stopping herself from feeling things.

And as I talk, I just want to cry for both of those kids and take them home. :crying:

I am reading Sansa's Tumblr and almost died laughing at her response to when the Mycah murder is brought up.

http://ladysansa.tum...othing_Jon_Snow

I can already foresee many wasted hours in my future spent reading this Tumblr. I couldn't help but literally laugh out loud at this one. It's so wrong and inappropriate and FUNNY (kind of like SanSan itself, except replace 'funny' with 'hawt'). http://ladysansa.tumblr.com/post/7354405199/creepy-compliment

And as far as beer taste goes, apparently we are the same. The Man would probably call it bitch beer. I am okay wiz zat.

I do not like beer so very much. Sangria is my #1 choice of adult beverage, closely followed by cheap pinot noir.

And Sandor defines alcoholic. The man is always drinking.

This is a very random observation (I'm exhausted, and prone to these when half asleep...for further examples, see the instigation of last night/this morning's chest hair discussion....)...

But I totally think Sandor would smell like leather, grass, and sweat. The clean kind of sweat, not the BO kind. The slightly salty, "I'm a man who has been doing man things all day" kind of sweat.

Of course, this is when he isn't smelling like blood, vomit and wine.

Thank you and good night.

I do not like beer so very much. Sangria is my #1 choice of adult beverage, closely followed by cheap pinot noir.

And Sandor defines alcoholic. The man is always drinking.

I guess he defines alcoholic by our standards now, but it's harder to slap that label on him in a medieval setting. No one really drank water because it was full of shit, so a harder call to make. But he seems to have made it quite a pastime, rather than something with a meal.

I crave Belgian fruit beer now. I love anything Belgian. It's a totally awesome place that I have never even been to. Chocolate, fruit beer, awesome food, statues famous for pissing...it's all there.

This thread has me sputtering with laughter.

To think, all through highschool my friend called me a creepy sadist for shipping San/San. Now I'm a senior in college and I laugh in her general direction.

So, if Sansa and Sandor ever meet up again, it's going to be so awkward. "Yo, you kissed me!" "WTF?! How drunk WAS I?"

It would be even more awkward if she's all like "Aw, come on, baby, I want you!" and he goes like "Yeah, about that... I'm kinda a monk now. Y'know, celibacy vows and all..."

You really think he'd choose his vows of celibacy over his little bird? :lol: Anyway, he is a novice now. No permanent vows just yet!

And I'm glad that you weren't scared away....

You really think he'd choose his vows of celibacy over his little bird? :lol: Anyway, he is a novice now. No permanent vows just yet!

And I'm glad that you weren't scared away....

Well, he may think that it would be dishonorable to take advantage of her, now that he's a new man and all that jazz.

That's my main worry with this whole Gravedigger thing. I'm afraid that if he shows up again, he'll be a born-again wuss, kinda Lancel-like :(

And why would I be scared away?

Well, he may think that it would be dishonorable to take advantage of her, now that he's a new man and all that jazz.

That's my main worry with this whole Gravedigger thing. I'm afraid that if he shows up again, he'll be a born-again wuss, kinda Lancel-like :(

I don't think GRRM would pull a Lancel twice. Especially not with someone as badass as Sandor. Lancel was already pretty whipped, had the kind of personality liable to cow to authority.

And he already restrained himself from taking advantage of her, so if she consents, I don't think he'd see it as dishonorable. :)

That would be way too lame, as a turn of events. Actually, it'll be very interesting to see what reformed Sandor is like. I don't want him too reformed. I'm actually hoping that he is staying with the monks waiting for his leg to heal up, and getting some treatment for his nervous breakdown -- and that he'll be back, more ferocious than ever and completely ready to take advantage of her (with her consent, of course). ;)

That would be way too lame, as a turn of events. Actually, it'll be very interesting to see what reformed Sandor is like. I don't want him too reformed. I'm actually hoping that he is staying with the monks waiting for his leg to heal up, and getting some treatment for his nervous breakdown -- and that he'll be back, more ferocious than ever and completely ready to take advantage of her (with her consent, of course). ;)

Ditto. I'd like to see him come out of the QI with some measure of peace. Inner peace, that is. I'd like him to stop hating himself so much, while focusing his rage on everyone else. :)

The erratic, loose cannon aspects of Sandor need reforming. Hopefully, post-EB he won't be holding knives at the throat of the girl he likes anymore. Bad move there, buddy. If he had just asked (without hauling her around by the arm, without the knife, and without being so drunk he could barely speak) Sansa would have come with him. He needs to be less self-destructive and he also needs a reason to live -- that was why he was so terrifying a warrior, because he didn't really care if he was killed or not.

If he had just asked, he wouldn't have been.. well, he wouldn't have been himself. The aggresive behavior, the habit of getting awfully drunk, and, yes, even threatening and frightening Sansa are benchmarks of what makes the Hound the Hound. Completely remove all of those, and you get just a big guy with a burned face.

Personally, I wouldn't want Sandor to be even an ounce less intimidating and bad if he ever shows up again.

I actually think that the biggest thing that would crush him is the news of Gregor's death. I can see him loosing all his bite after hearing this. He would have to find another purpose in life post-EB. If it's something to do with Sansa, I'd be a happy shipper.

Vows of celibacy, permanence thereof, wussy/reformed ex-Hound; speculation ensues. Winter is ON. The Gravedigger has a decent gig going as its reasonable to assume the QI monks will have the food accumulation and storage thing set up better than most folk in the region. Clearing snow to dig graves in frozen ground might be a bit much to ask of a man strong as even the Gd, there will be plenty of maintenance tasks to keep him occupied. Meanwhile, food and shelter, good gig, allows for physical healing. Assumption #2: Sandor = Gd, corollary is pragmatist.

Meanwhile nasty stuff like carnage and starvation happen all around the planet, while in the Vale Sansa/Alayne events have time to build character or get squicky. Perhaps she emerges with her maidenhead not so intact, thanks possibly to Harry, willingly or not so much on S/A's part, and given the author odds favour option 2. About the time Winter shows signs of getting out of the way of the plot, fleeing of Vale is enabled. Not so coincidentally, Gd is all, "Thanks for the stews and the shack, but I'm kinda bored and there's this girl..."

No edge need be lost.

I actually think that the biggest thing that would crush him is the news of Gregor's death. I can see him loosing all his bite after hearing this. He would have to find another purpose in life post-EB. If it's something to do with Sansa, I'd be a happy shipper.

About the time Winter shows signs of getting out of the way of the plot, fleeing of Vale is enabled. Not so coincidentally, Gd is all, "Thanks for the stews and the shack, but I'm kinda bored and there's this girl..."

No edge need be lost.

I see perhaps a combo of the two. He hears of Gregor's death, kinda loses focus/drive (per EB's discussion with Brienne), and decides to muck it out on the QI.

However, word eventually comes of this knight who's freakishly tall/huge/menacing championing the queen. His interest is piqued.

He says sayonara, and goes off to find unGregor, possibly running into S/A on his way. Then, moral dilemma....girl, or Gregor?

Archived