Who Should Play Wyman Manderly?

BrosBeforeSnows

• 2 weeks later...

I think that it would be fun if George Martin was able to have a cameo as Wyman Manderlay. It seems like he wrote the character with himself in mind. :)

He's got the girth, certainly....but I cringe at the thought of a man with his voice and his laugh and (I would suspect) his amount of training as an actor delivering the oh-so-awesome lines Wyman will eventually have. I cringe still further when I imagine him putting on a fake British accent to do so.

Yeah. Cameos only, please.

Also, having mentioned British accents, surprised at people name-dropping John Goodman. He's a great actor...and American. How many American actors have they hired so far? The only one who comes to mind at all is Peter Dinklage. They not only have to worry about acting chops, but whether the actor is able to put on a fake accent that doesn't make you laugh at them.

John Goodman? no, I love him but no. So far on this thread John Henshaw, Steve Speirs, and Ian McNeice have been the best suggestions, McNeice and Henshaw being the front runners for me.

Richard Griffiths would have been great but....sadly we can't have him.

Ian McNiece is the proper choice, IMHO. He was originally cast as Illyrio before having to drop out and he worked on Rome previously. In other words, he's British, he's up for this kind of work, and he was cast more than once by Nina Gold in the past.

I would wager good money that Wyman Manderley will be played by Ian McNiece, and that's a very good thing.

Also, having mentioned British accents, surprised at people name-dropping John Goodman. He's a great actor...and American. How many American actors have they hired so far? The only one who comes to mind at all is Peter Dinklage. They not only have to worry about acting chops, but whether the actor is able to put on a fake accent that doesn't make you laugh at them.

The names on here are not always tossed around based on probability - just people's preference, who they would like to see or think could hypothetically speaking make a good fit for the show. And that's fine.

For example, it's impossible now, but I would've liked to see Richard Griffiths as Wyman Manderly... nothing wrong with that is there?

my money is on Yezzan zo Qaggaz, hes literally the most minor of roles so we wouldn't have to worry about about the quality of Martin's acting considering the character kind of just loafs about, pisses himself constantly then dies.

This made my day xD

Anyway, Brendan Gleeson http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0322407/ could be great. He has the necessary charisma, badassness ('cos Wyman is a badass, he's literally one of the only characters I felt intimidated by while reading) and he can play a likable chap, too.

Archived