Simon Armstrong is Qhorin Halfhand

Westeros

For those who missed the news as it coursed over the social web, George R.R. Martin revealed that the last of the major roles for the series had been cast in a post discussing both Rose Leslie’s casting as Ygritte and his announcement that actor Simon Armstrong was cast in the role of a legendary ranger of the Night’s Watch, Qhorin Halfhand.

Armstrong has been in a number of productions for film, television, and theater, including playing Claudius in the The Globe’s 2011 production of Hamlet and in the BBC Films The Edge of Love. Looking over his CV, Game of Thrones seems to be his first work in the fantasy genre.

read on >>>

Visit the Site!

Not how i pictured Qhorin at all. Have to wait and see what he'll look like, with any make up and prosthetic's they put on him. Im also guessing they will fit him with a wig, i imagined Qhorin having hair much like Benjen did in the show.

Not how i pictured Qhorin at all. Have to wait and see what he'll look like, with any make up and prosthetic's they put on him. Im also guessing they will fit him eith a wig, i imagined Qhorin having hair much like Benjen did in the show.

Qhorin was described as having white hair and a long braid that went to his waist I believe. http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/228/2/e/qhorin_halfhand_by_acazigot-d46tlbp.jpg

I've always said that I imagined Liam Neeson in the role. The size, for one thing -- Qhorin is tall, and Neeson's 6'6". Armstrong's 5'10", so... that's by the wayside. But I like his craggy appearance. The acting's the thing, though, and as the casting has been nearly without fault, I expect he'll be excellent.

What will make him a proper Qhorin for me is, the way he can pull off the one conversation

when he says he taking Jon with him, and how he talks about him being a Stark and blood of the first men.

. If this actor can make me feel about that scene, the way the book made me feel about it, we have the right Qhorin.

As far as height difference goes, I remember how at first i was disappointed about the difference in size between, Robert Barratheon in the book and Mark Addy's Robert Baratheon. But how quickly that thought vanished, with how remarkable Mark Addy was as Robert. Funny thing is, i watched the show first, before reading the books. So when i first read the description of Robert, i was angered at the difference. Then i rewatched the series, and Mark Addy is and forever will be Robert Baratheon

Archived