Mafia game 82.5

HT Reddy

I have to admit you do sound a bit fishy to me because you've been voting back and forth all over the place (I'm guessing this is your strategy to get everyone talking), without saying much, but I also don't see from my re-reads how you and Faraday could both be scum in this game. For now, I'm keeping my vote Faraday (it seems to agree with KiDisasters Logic).

You ain't seen nothing yet, Lannister. I hop votes almost as hard as Faraday does. But the thing is, I've made only three votes so far: Mina Martell because :lolrandomvotes:, unvote because I wanted to be Humpty Dumpty for a few minutes, and then you to get you talking. That's hardly "all over the place." *eyes Zar Lannister*

Hey, Temperance. Why did you find Monday town?

I'll be risking modkill if I explained exactly because it involves PMs and flavor, but Monday's response to something HT Reddy said would never have escaped scum's mouth.

(If you're looking for something more concrete, then Monday's #173 a few posts up sounds extremely genuine.)

Temperance, Temperance, are you online?

Before you put Mafia aside for the day,

I'd like your response to a question of mine,

Ideally phrased in a specific way.

On mafiascum in your days equineox,

You've seen vile deceit often from Faraday

Why to him in Team Mafia did scum we assign? Rocks

he at it. What exactly here did he say

That makes you so sure that were he malign,

He could never fake this level of...whimzay?

I'd have expected him to act with more certainty if he were scum. Even with the two of us here, he wouldn't be able to change his tone (much), and he'd try to take some form of control over the game to get it moving according to his agenda. Instead, he's taken a step back to reassess his reads; the posts where he's uncertain reads as honest waffling to me.

Zar Lannister, because he's just too fishy. Something seemed odd in that reading post he made.

God! Monday, I keep wanting to trust Mina and think you're town but you just keep doing worse!

I'm off now, I'll be back in 3 hours.

edit: change of plans, it's raining and it's cold outside, so I'll stay home. :P

*lazy main mod*

Eight players remain: The Malcolm, Monday, Faraday, Mina Martell, Zar Lannister, Temperance, Snow Storm, Kidisaster

5 votes are needed to lynch and 4 to go to night

3 votes - Faraday (theMalcolm, Mina, Zar)

1 vote - theMalcolm (kidistaster)

2 votes - Zar Lannister (Temperance, SnowStorm)

1 vote - Snow Storm (Monday)

One player have not voted: Faraday

You, actually. (I think I'm having a deja vu) You've been on everyone's radar and I don't think you've given anyone a reason to trust you. If you have, please, point that out to me, I might have missed something.

Then again, there's Monday, who keeps doing weird stuff but is backed up by Mina, who seems to be above everyone else here. Still, I'm kinda surprised that nobody but Faraday and I have suspected Monday.

I have to re-read everything.

What about you Malcolm? Do you only, or do you even, think Faraday is scum? Do you have any other suspicions?

Hi again.

Mina and Monday look pretty innocentish for now, but it's actually a null tell, because they both are famous for the art of looking innocentish when guilty.

I never saw guilty Faraday; he play more or less in his usual style, but this time he is... well, more grotesque. Loks like a parody of himself. And yes, I find it pretty possible that a scum would afflict attention to himself, to look too odd to be guilty. It was called Swann defence in old times. And I don't like how he uses this poimt for defending himself. So my vote stays.

What? When did I EVER fucking say I'd never draw attention to myself as scum. I pointed out I WAS drawing attention to myself in response to a post from Zar where he said I was trying to escape notice. How exactly is that using it to defend myself? Where did I use drawing attention to myself as some sort of town tell? I didn't.

Also Zar/Snow scumteam is out, which is good and narrows down my options considerably.

You, actually. (I think I'm having a deja vu) You've been on everyone's radar and I don't think you've given anyone a reason to trust you.

I haven't. I am rarely useful on Day 1, mostly because of timezone issues. It's hard to find something original if you read most of the day in retrospect.

What about you Malcolm? Do you only, or do you even, think Faraday is scum? Do you have any other suspicions?

I'd say Faraday is only player whose play looks somewhat unnatural now. Not sure if it is because of his guilt, you can't be sure of anything that early, but for me he is most suspicious.

As for secondary suspect, I asked you that question exactly in hope to make distinctions in my tier 2. Now I think you are out of that.

Zar, Kidisaster, could you answer same question?

Also, I still maintain that your reaction to my vote was completely weird--I mean, it's like the polar opposite of how you reacted to my unexplained vote in Lany's game.

It's different to how I react to votes in general. Soooooooooooo?

Where did I use drawing attention to myself as some sort of town tell?

I am not doing notes.

Ok, I'll reread in a hour or two to give references.

Also Zar/Snow scumteam is out, which is good and narrows down my options considerably.

And which of them you would lynch first? :)

I'd say Faraday is only player whose play looks somewhat unnatural now. Not sure if it is because of his guilt, you can't be sure of anything that early, but for me he is most suspicious.

As for secondary suspect, I asked you that question exactly in hope to make distinctions in my tier 2. Now I think you are out of that.

Zar, Kidisaster, could you answer same question?

That's good to know, but you didn't answer my question. You have the chance to be useful now.

Well, Faraday will be happy to know that I'm in indecisive Mina mode again. My suspicions of him have been downgraded to gut paranoia, meta (he's pretty much impossible to lynch as scum and I'll hate myself if I was right and he wriggles out of this yet again), and process of elimination. If I'd never seen him before as scum, I'd have a town read on him for stuff like the Snow Storm readthrough. Now that people are voting/suspecting him for reasons like being active, I'm getting nervous. (Malc's justification for keeping his vote also felt a bit off, although in spite of my vote, I was actually leaning toward trusting Malc at the end).

Oh fucking paranoia. Well that's wonderful.

I thought the snowstorm read through was garbage actually, and a considerable waste of time and space I was just bored and wanted to keep things moving as the game has been kinda stagnant since the beginning where I had a hard time getting reads.

How is my meta relevant? Am I *easy* to lynch in general? No.

P.S. me flaunting the fact you'd be kicking yourself if you called me town and I turned out to be scum is clearly trolling town faraday and not something I'd risk saying as scum (probably). You should have realised this by now. I think I look really town actually. Votes should have flown off by now.

Oh and no, I am pretty sure we're talking about the same thing. By bold I meant I don't think she'd come out and approach the subject like that day 1, she'd be more likely to ask a hypothetical partner. The mal thing was that he didn't seem to realise, so it could be equally applied that he could have asked a partner, however if he didn't read it it's not really valid if the partner was offline. I'm probably not making stuff up as I go along either, but if I was I'd not admit it. (I'm not though) and not dumb/playing dumb.

You ain't seen nothing yet, Lannister. I hop votes almost as hard as Faraday does. But the thing is, I've made only three votes so far: Mina Martell because :lolrandomvotes:, unvote because I wanted to be Humpty Dumpty for a few minutes, and then you to get you talking. That's hardly "all over the place." *eyes Zar Lannister*

Fair enough. This seems reasonable. For now, you're not in my radar.

Zar Lannister, because he's just too fishy. Something seemed odd in that reading post he made.

What exactly? Because all I've seen you do in my reads is make very short comments, as if to evade the spotlight *glares suspiciously*

I am not doing notes.

Ok, I'll reread in a hour or two to give references.

Does it take an hour or 2 to skim the thread and find what I said? I mean, I think you're basically making up a reason, as that didn't happen afaict soooooo if that's your reason for leaving your vote on welp.

What exactly? Because all I've seen you do in my reads is make very short comments, as if to evade the spotlight *glares suspiciously*

Well, after my re-read I realized I probably look fishier than you do and that vote was kinda dumb. As for the short comments, I'm a man of few words and I don't mind the spotlight at all.

Now that you're here, you could also answer Malcolm's question, I'm curious too. (Though I think he was the one trying to avoid the spotlight by throwing questions at you and Kid)

Faraday,

I am confused, because your explanation makes zero sense.

^This, right now you sound like a loony talking with yourself. o.O

...wait did you just claim scum?

If this was directed towards me. No, I'm not claiming scum. Unless you think Zar really is scum, then I guess you'd read it like that.

Archived