Patterns and Parallels between certain characters

Cydal

The thing I notice is how often history repeats itself.

Take the Starks:

Rickard Stark - Honourable man who ends up being executed/murdered in King's Landing. Next in line is...

Brandon Stark - Honourable man who ends up being executed/murdered in King's Landing. Next in line is...

Eddard Stark - Honourable man who ends up being executed/murdered in King's Landing. Next in line is...

Robb Stark - Honourable man who ends up being executed/murdered at the Twins. On orders from King's Landing.

You could even add Jon to that list (if you believe he's dead), forget the Kings Landing bit, and say that they were all killed/murdered due to their honourable nature. With the Starks this seems to be practically a genetic trait.

Also every one of Rickard's children ended up dying a grisly death, with the exception of Benjen but in fairness, he might well have done. If Benjen is dead then you could say all of them dyed honourable and unjust deaths too. Lyanna dying but only worrying about the baby seems pretty honourable to me...

Anyway, makes me worry about the next generation of Starks...

Brienne and Ser Duncan the Tall - both hedge knights, both mystery knights, both "true" knights, possibly even related.

Samwell and Tyrion - both rejected and disowned by their fathers and both on a journey for knowledge, both drowned and resuscitated. .

Archived