New Teaser Images and Comments

Westeros

This teaser was solid—some nice images reacquainting ourselves with a number of characters from the first season, and prominently featuring a brand new one in Stannis Baratheon—but it was definitely a tease.

GameOfThrones_ColdWinds_10_M.jpg

Still, we’ve extracted all the most notable images from the teaser, and have them up at our Previews gallery, with our usual commentary. Most of the comments are quite brief—what’s left to be said, right?—but we do have some thoughts on Stephen Dillane as Stannis, and some guesses as to what scenes are being shown in some cases. Check it out!read on >>>

Visit the Site!

IMDB is decently reliable (though it still has plenty of errors) for TV shows and movies that are already out, not for things that haven't aired yet or been released in theaters. They are user edited, so I would advise not trusting them to know facts about future episodes.

My guess would be that all the images come from first production, with no post production yet.

(By that I don't mean with final integrated special effects.)

As with ROME , HBO does provide the resources for cinematography.

As with the first season , for a drama that requires milieu , even as stills things look pitch perfect.

One aspect of the creation of this world that has impressed me, something easy to miss when narrative arc and character are at the forefront of one's attention.

I really like Arya's look, her story turns even more interesting now.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived