Who do you want to win the Iron Throne?

Ser Malthred Storm

For those saying Jon cannot be king because he's a bastard are forgetting something. It is possible that Rhaegar and Lyanna were married. Aegon married both his sisters so why couldn't Rhaegar be married to both Lyanna and Elia? Granted, alot would have to be proven and there's the little situation of him being in the NW.

Spoiler
The last would depend on whether he can be released from his vows because of his 'death'. If he really died, if he's 'brought back', if he considers himself released...etc, etc. Lot of ifs there.

Personally, I don't think there will be an Iron Throne left at the end and each individual kingdom would be that in truth...if there's much of anything to rule over.

Lets just all take a look at what the Throne IS. The throne is a big metal chair made with the swords of the conquered enemies of Aegon the Congueror. The Tagereyns did not TAKE the throne. They made it.

Jon is way to loyal against the nights watch to rule the seven kingdoms.

Dany seems a little bit inexcperienced? I would much more appreciate if she reclaimed (a part maybe) of Valyria.

Stannis is my favorite just because of how just he is. but still the people must love him...

Bran has another purpose i think.

Sansa is someone i actually could accept, however she is still to inexcperienced so Petyr Baelish is going to be her hand until she is 'ready' to rule.

But what i think will happen is that the throne is simply going to be destroyed. The throne was built by conquest and by conquest it is going to be destroyed. After that is may be seven kingdoms or just free cities like in Essos.

Lets just all take a look at what the Throne IS. The throne is a big metal chair made with the swords of the conquered enemies of Aegon the Congueror. The Tagereyns did not TAKE the throne. They made it.

Jon is way to loyal against the nights watch to rule the seven kingdoms.

Dany seems a little bit inexcperienced? I would much more appreciate if she reclaimed (a part maybe) of Valyria.

Stannis is my favorite just because of how just he is. but still the people must love him...

Bran has another purpose i think.

Sansa is someone i actually could accept, however she is still to inexcperienced so Petyr Baelish is going to be her hand until she is 'ready' to rule.

But what i think will happen is that the throne is simply going to be destroyed. The throne was built by conquest and by conquest it is going to be destroyed. After that is may be seven kingdoms or just free cities like in Essos.

Bran being king would be... so bad. He would be a good King, in my opinion, but it would be so: WTF? Stark's Dynasty?

Jon Snow - that is not to say that he will become King, but I believe that there is a strong possibility that he will go on to rule at the very end.

If he is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna as many suspect, this will give his claim added kudos but he could possibly assume the throne through conquest perhaps - indeed, this might not be too difficult to imagine provided that he kicks a** on the others, and everyone else are too busy killing each other over the Iron throne to notice deadly white creatures coming their way. Then the whole realm might be only too glad to see someone like Jon installed as King - if just to have common sense restored to Westeros at long last.

Legally, however, at this point in time it belongs by rights to Stannis, then his daughter, and possibly Gendry.

Bran being king would be... so bad. He would be a good King, in my opinion, but it would be so: WTF? Stark's Dynasty?

More than bad, it would be Harry Potterish and these books are a lot more complex than that.

I could picture a Stark somewhat related to the Hand of the King because that's basically what Ned Stark did, but not sitting in the Iron Throne.

More than bad, it would be Harry Potterish and these books are a lot more complex than that.

I could picture a Stark somewhat related to the Hand of the King because that's basically what Ned Stark did, but not sitting in the Iron Throne.

No, if it was "Harry Potterish", Jon/Ariane/Daenerys would be the King/Queen...

I am afraid that Dany is going to be queen on the end. I hope I'm wrong because I don't like her as a character and I wouldn't like it if the war of the five kings was fought just so at the end Dany could come to the winner and say; My throne; Thzt should mean that the entire war was fought for nothyng.

No, if it was "Harry Potterish", Jon/Ariane/Daenerys would be the King/Queen...

Daenerys role has always been about something else IMO, Arianne is a good guess for Queen, but that would always depend on who does she marry.

As for Jon, he has chosen to remain as Lord Commander so many times I can't even picture him as anything else.

Dany, House Targaryen all the way!

I think Stannis would make a rough king. He is a hard unyielding man. Accepting fealty is important for a king and I think how Stannis deals with people is a bit intense.

Not to mention he will now have to fight The Warrior's Sons, because there is no way they will let a servant of the lord of light rule or burn their people. The Warrior's Sons are growing quite large by the end of AFFC with some competent knights.

I think Stannis and Melisandre have a few tricks yet to come...

I think Dany is the proper heir, Stannis deserves it most (much as anyone can 'deserve' it) but that, most of all, the whole thing is a fool's game that's killing people whose time is better spent on other things. Probably the most apt question is: should there be an Iron Throne at all?

I believe my username about sums up this thread/entire series...

I'd like to see an invasion via Dany and her peeps. Aemon could be the Grand Maestor (if he doesn't die soon, and is somehow able to part from the Nights Watch without being labeled as a deserter)..

^I don't actually think this will happen unfortunately.. I think Westeros end is near, for winter is coming.

I'd like to see an invasion via Dany and her peeps. Aemon could be the Grand Maestor (if he doesn't die soon, and is somehow able to part from the Nights Watch without being labeled as a deserter)..

The only way to leave the Nights Watche without being labeled a deserter is through death. I think even if you’re legitimized or pardon by a king, you are still an oath-breaker. I too, would like to see Dany launch an invasion on Westeros... if only to see that spoiled entitled brat get what is coming to her. After all, she is but a young girl and knows little of the ways of war, governance or anything useful for that matter.

Archived