Catelyn hater

Ser Leo Targaryen

I hate Catelyn SO MUCH!

From the times of GoT I already hated her. I blame her for sending Ned to the court (ok, not so much, but she had some guilty in it and it's just something to add to the plot...). I definitely blame her for his death, since taking Tyrion as hostage was the most stupid thing EVER done by a character!

SPOILER if you haven't read at least 75% of CoK

And now I blame her for the death of Bran and Rickon. Why didn't she go back to Winterfell? She thought it was a good idea to leave her 4 and 9 year old kids alone, in the middle of a war, when most of her chief staff had died? Did she really think she was giving good advice to Robb?

I wanted to hit her when she tried to convince him to make peace with the Lannisters! As if making peace would just put things back where they were... As if winning the war was just a matter of vengeance, not necessity!

It was even offensive to the other lords that came all the way from the north, and would be dispensed after her sweet dad was safe!

And to think that she could make Stannis and Renly make peace too! OMG! So presumptive of her!

Really I hate her! And I blame her for all the bad things happening to her family!

Ok, I took it out of my system, and feel lighter now....

Yeah I really felt the same way during aGoT, and during CoK i found that it was getting worse before it was getting better.

What mainly bothered me was the fact that she was occupied more with Ned's death in stead of trying to help the remainder of her crumbling family.

I kind of understood her actions, but they were almost always a desperate attempt so end the war without having Robb fight another battle, but in a way she undermines his "authority". I mean, the Greatjon is a fighter to the bone, and he follows a young lad whose mother is basically telling him what to do.

I think it would have been better if she had returned to Winterfell, to set matters straight there.

I really agree with you on this matter :P

This thread gives me such a strong sense of deja-vu, it's uncanny... :cool4:

Haha, so do I David!

Ser Leo, you will find that Catelyn causes quite a divide on this forum, I've found that out myself in my short period on here. I agree with you.

Though many people strongly disagree and defend Catelyn till the hilt.

How could she not see what was going to happen in Winterfell? I mean it was so obvious. Yes, it is all her fault for anything that happened there, because she is such a tremendous fighter, who could have defended the whole castle single-handedly. Furthermore, I hate Catelyn for giving Robb so much excellent advice, and helping him gain an alliance with the Frey's, I mean, what mother wants to help her child?

Yes, it is all her fault for anything that happened there, because she is such a tremendous fighter, who could have defended the whole castle single-handedly.

Catelyn is a total badass momma bear who would have ripped the Ironmen limb from limb when they showed up, before picking her teeth with their bones. It is known.

Archived