Bronn's Plans

Damar

He probably derives amusement from antagonizing her, but I don't think he'll do anything big unless someone offers him something better than what he has... which is not really that easy; as you said, he has a lordship, a castle, and probably a fair amount of gold. It's unlikely anyone will offer him a bigger castle, so that leaves us with more money and/or a prettier wife. The Tyrells could probably provide either, but they probably won't feel the need to.

With a lordship, a castle and his own knights, what do you suppose Bronn is planning for the future after deliberately antagonizing Cersei?

I wonder why Cersei was insulted when Bronn named the baby Tyrion. She didn't want her father's name attached to bastard son of half a hundred tanners and the feebleminded Lollys because that would have tainted his blessed memory. So why should she object if the name of her hated brother was attached to a child she thought was inferior?

Oh, that Cersei, there's no explaining that woman!

I wonder why Cersei was insulted when Bronn named the baby Tyrion. She didn't want her father's name attached to bastard son of half a hundred tanners and the feebleminded Lollys because that would have tainted his blessed memory. So why should she object if the name of her hated brother was attached to a child she thought was inferior?

Oh, that Cersei, there's no explaining that woman!

Actually she was rather amused at first, but with the Stokeworths and her drinking more she suddenly became convinced it was an insult.

Though even she was smart enough to consider challenging Bronn to a fair fight was utter insanity.

I doubt we've seen the last of him, but I have no idea how he'll get involved in the main story again. If only we could get a bronn POV :cool4:

Hell - I'd even take a Lollys POV to find out what he's up to. GRRM wouldn't have made such a point of his story in Feast if it wasn't going somewhere. I really enjoy him trolling Cersei.

I doubt we've seen the last of him, but I have no idea how he'll get involved in the main story again. If only we could get a bronn POV :cool4:

I would welcome a Bronn POV.

IMO, he is one of the more interesting peripheral characters up to this point in the series.

I think now that Bronn is a lord he won't try so hard to work for others like Tyrion than he did and act for himself. And a person trying to kill him on Cercei's demand will not be taken kindly. I can totally see him raising forces and helping Aegon VI or Tyrion when they get back just to get to Cercei. I don't think he's dumb enough to attack her any other way or just let it slide.

He could set a highly visible example for the other lords when it comes time to switch sides to the Targs. Maybe they're all in doubt, and Aegon is about to fail because of everyone wringing their hands, until Bronn switches over and says "F the queen!" and then everyone waits to see him get squashed by the queen. Only, true to form, he finds a simple-but-genius way out of his troubles, and seeing his survival encourages a bunch of other lords to switch sides. Something like that. He should be like the lingering thorn in Cercei's side that ultimately opens up a huge gaping wound that ends her politically like the boar ended Robert.

I seem to recall that he is already raising forces of his own. I think I remember one of the reasons that Cersei was so scared of him was that there were reports that he had been gathering other sellswords to him.

It was only mentioned once or twice in a Cercei chapter, but I remember it because it intrigued me so much. He is definitely being proactive in making sure he consolidates as much power as possible. We all know how much of an opportunist he is, and I'm sure there will be opportunities to exploit in the coming chaos that has already started with Aegon's landing.

I seem to recall that he is already raising forces of his own. I think I remember one of the reasons that Cersei was so scared of him was that there were reports that he had been gathering other sellswords to him.

It was only mentioned once or twice in a Cercei chapter, but I remember it because it intrigued me so much. He is definitely being proactive in making sure he consolidates as much power as possible. We all know how much of an opportunist he is, and I'm sure there will be opportunities to exploit in the coming chaos that has already started with Aegon's landing.

Falyse mentioned him having several knights who were of low-born backgrounds like Bronn himself, likely hedge knights or fellow knighted veterans of the Blackwater battle.

So while the force he might gather is likely to be small, it's going to be an expierenced and skilled one who is going to bide it's time to join any side for maximum effect and profit.

Archived