Bronn's Plans

Damar

I'm guessing we have seen his last major role in the overall storyline. I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in the final war fighting for one side or the other and possibly not living through the ordeal but I doubt he will play any significant role going further. Probably has a son and names him Timmett or something.

Who knows, maybe he reunites with the mountain clans and takes down the Vale like he said he could in GoT.

Bronn is really smart and knows how to seize opportunity, he knew from the get go that Cersei was going to make a move against him at some point, so he waited and flipped the cards on his favor. He knows his claim as Lord of Stokeworth are weak at best, so I believe that all those "swords" he is hiring will not be used to defend his lordship, he is hiring bandits to create chaos in the crownlands, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Shagga son of Dolf and Timmett son of Timmett around his sellswords, that will keep Cersei's forces busy and he will get enough time to maneuver, or gain the good will from other lords by helping them "fight" the pillagers.

And if he has to flee from Stokeworth he will, he likes gold, but he likes breathing a lot more.

• 2 weeks later...

I think he'll go to Tyrion's side over anyone else because Tyrion will pay him, remember this line. "When the time ever comes for you to sell me out, no matter the price, I will match it."

Tyrion knows he's valuable, in GOT he mentions that he is almost as good with a sword as his brother Jaimie,now Jaimie is out of the running which makes Bronn one of the best, if not the best, sword in the land, and Tyrion will pay him. Bronn knows it is most advantageous for him to help Tyrion gain Casterly Rock.

Cersei is the Queen Regent, finding false evidence and witnesses for whatever charge she brought up against a sellsword who's now a minor noble would've been easy. Even that was not really necessary, Cersei could just deem him a traitor without having to show any evidence, due process is not exactly a priority in Westeros except for the handful of highest ranked nobles.

Cersei is the Queen Regent, finding false evidence and witnesses for whatever charge she brought up against a sellsword who's now a minor noble would've been easy. Even that was not really necessary, Cersei could just deem him a traitor without having to show any evidence, due process is not exactly a priority in Westeros except for the handful of highest ranked nobles.

And Cersei is a past master at finding false witnesses and evidence.

And at parading through town,STARK naked.

I guess you're right. Maybe she didn't want to make a big show of it for some reason? Either way, I'm pretty sure she flat out overestimated Falyse's and her husband's wits. As it seems, Cersei fully expected Bronn to be quietly poisoned or something. I think she could never, in a million years, imagine Ser Balman would challenge Bronn to a duel.

I don't think Bronn has any particular plans, he just wants to get as far ahead as possible, but George has said we haven't seen the last of him. I think he'll decide Aegon is going to win the throne and he'll stir up some rebellion in the crownlands, so when Aegon manages to take KL he'll be granted a better lordship. Lord of Duskendale perhaps?

And of course by the end of the series we'll have: King Bronn Blackwater the first of his name, king of the andals and the rhoynar and the first men, and lord protector of the realm.

After the signing of the contracts between Tyrion and the Second Sons I imagined that Tyrion and Bronn would meet, Bronn being in the opposite camp as one of the bannermen of the Crownlands.

He's definitely up to something. He didn't give Tyrion Waters of the hundred fathers his name as a joke. He did it to provoke Cersei so he would have an excuse to take over Stokeworth. Now he has to know he isn't safe, and men like Bronn don't defend when threatened, they strike and expand.

Whatever his current plans and current allies are (you have to think he's aligned with the tyrelll's, possibly via the Queen of Thorns), things get interesting if/when Tyrion Lannister returns with the Second Sons as the leading edge of Dany's Invasion (and maybe as her envoy to Young Griff/Aegon)

There is no way he is currently loyal to Tyrion Lannister, but Bronn knows what the Halfman is capable of, and won't hesitate to take his side in the hopes of becoming much more than Lord of Stokeworth.

I like Bronn, he is a pragmatic sob and I like to think on him as counterpart to Davos, both are capable men who knows better how the world rolls; he getting his gears together only means to me he is not surrending his hard gained position easy and not by playing foolish.

Maybe he is a better example of "from pawn to player"

Bronn is definitely aware that if it comes down to choosing sides between Cersei and Tyrion, Tyrion is the better bet far as he is concerned. Cersei is needlessly hostile towards him and a weak ruler that is unlikely to keep relevant for long, while Tyrion is a known quantity with a proven history of choosing to exchange his gold for Bronn's loyalty whenever given the choice.

On the other hand, he is also smart and pragmatic enough to realize that Cersei's decisions have been so foolish that major unrest will happen sooner rather than later. If he has managed to learn how things work at the upper levels of King's Landing, he will have set up a few spies working for him, perhaps even a few that we may have assumed to be working for the Tyrells, such as Lady Taena or even Qyburn. We haven't had a lot of information on the impact of the Sparrows, but being smallborn himself Bronn is more likely than most of King's Landing Lords to realize that they may be serious trouble. He might choose to connect with, say, Ser Tallad or even Lancel Lannister in order to secure his power.

All in all, there are lots of interesting roles for Bronn to play in King's Landing still.

Given that Bronn is a pragmatist to the core; I think he will bide his time & continue to recruit/hire sellswords & hedge knights and see how things in King's Landing play out.

He'll probably side with the faction he thinks is most likely to win.

Though I would like to see him & Tyrion working together again... That'd be cool.

• 3 months later...

Bronn will build up his forces and remain in behind his walls until his old friend Tyrion resurfaces and he can finally repay him for all tyrion has given him. After all he would have never been where he is without tyrion, plus he will be siding with the Targaryans via Tyrion and by helping them become far richer than he could dream. Since he does hate the other Lannisters besides Tyrion. I have a feeling he will come to their aid in one of the early battles soon after they land in Westeros and meet up with tyrion after, where they will exchange some witty remarks as they so often do. Bronn at the end will be much more than a sellsord and i expect to see him gain some honor and loyalty, to something besides money. This character has been built up too much by grrm to be taken out, he has a part to play in this game of thrones

Archived