Bronn's Plans

Damar

I really think we've seen the last of Bronn - there's simply no significant role for him to play in the story. I seriously doubt he'd go about to help Tyrion with his new position - he's just looking out for himself and himself alone.

I think completely otherwise. The way Bronn is set up in the story he seems like an ideal canidate for housing one of the main characters if they get lost or something. He's a small noble so no war for him or anything, but if Arya gets back to main land or if Sansa runs away, it completely makes sense for Bronn's nights or Bronn himself to find them and either house them or hold the hostage or anything of that nature. He has the potential to be a smaller virsion of Roose Bolton (perhaps not as evil but definitely opportunistic).

I could certainly see LF enlisting in Bronn's services (assuming he hasn't done so already). Bronn would be an ideal tool for LF - money and only money motivates him. He's also slightly under the radar, very competent and seems to be building a fairly decent number of retainers and soldiers. Surely Bronn would be a useful and manageable asset to LF's arsenal.

I could certainly see LF enlisting in Bronn's services (assuming he hasn't done so already). Bronn would be an ideal tool for LF - money and only money motivates him. He's also slightly under the radar, very competent and seems to be building a fairly decent number of retainers and soldiers. Surely Bronn would be a useful and manageable asset to LF's arsenal.

This seems pretty legit too. He could lead LIttlefinger's soldiers or protect Littlefinger. Or maybe stab him in the end.

I think there is a little more in Bronn than greed and ambition to become some petty lord.

When Tyrion tells him about Tysha story and Bronn answer he would have killed whoever did that to him I think it's a hint there's a little more in his personnal story / personnality than just being an opportunist exploiting the situation to climb some stages in the social ladder.

His motive may very well be revenge against someone*, or he may already have taken such revenge making him feel some sympathy for Tyrion.

Tyrion clearly decieved Bronn by not being ruthless enough, refusing to listen to his suggestions to get rid of Joffrey to crown Tommen (then there are several scenes showing Bronn losing respect and taking more and more liberties, ie : eating in Tyrion's plate- even before the Blackwater). Tyrion being too weak / having too much principles to be trusted to succeed, is I think the main reason Bronn tried nothing to save him (out of fighting Gregor, he could well all have done exactly what Jaime did, knowing Varys well enough and the existence of many secret passages in the red keep).

His view of Tyrion changed when he killed Tywin, and I think it's why he named Lollys son Tyrion as I think a message for him. He is saying "Tyrion is born of rape", allusion to Tysha's rape. And it's a way to say the vengeful Tyrion he hoped for is finally born by killing Tywin, and offer him his services imagining he was still around (sadly Tyrion was not).

* my crackpot of the day : Bronn is the last Rain or Tarbeck and since the beginning was playing Tyrion against Tywin/other Lannisters.

• 1 year later...

Yep. I don't blame Tyrion for trying, but even he couldn't blame Bronn for refusing either. He seemed to completely understand Bronn's take on the matter.

As well he should, reallly. Gold isn't very useful when one is crushed by the Mountain.

The show also recently made it even more clear that Tyrion understood why Bronn turned him down. This leads me to believe they really could end up having a reunion at some point.

Well if Tyrion ever gets to Dany and convinces her to come to Westeros she will need somewhere to land right.... And now that a potential Tyrion loyalist Bronn has made shop just north of the city in Stokeworth, he could act as a potential ally at the time of Dany's arrival.

Any Tyrion and Bronn scenes would be more than welcome tho

Archived