Bronn's Plans

Damar

I think Bronn will figure in again after Tyrion returns to Westeros. He is just too useful to Tyrion not to call on him, and he has always been a man of action. He will not be content to sit on his arse next to Lollys and admire his new sigil.

I also do not think antagonizing Cersei was on Bronn's list of things to do. He might have suspected that she was behind the duel challenge, but he did not know until after it was effectively won. At that point, he had two options - kill Falyse as well, which would indirectly send a message to Cersei; or send Falyse directly with the message. Now that he knows he is on Cersei's radar, he will probably start taking measures to protect what he has acquired.

Hell - I'd even take a Lollys POV to find out what he's up to. GRRM wouldn't have made such a point of his story in Feast if it wasn't going somewhere. I really enjoy him trolling Cersei.

Haha, same here, that's how much I'd like to know what Bronn's been doing! Sadly, I don't think he'll meet Tyrion again .. I have a feeling he'll be joining Aegon's company with all the sellswords he's been gathering ..

Bronn's whole life has been about profit and material gain. Tyrion has been his cash cow. I think he actually likes Tyrion but he is not going to stick his kneck out for anyone unless there is a good coin to be made.

This.

I'm hoping that he becomes Commander of the Gold Cloaks sooner rather than later. He is just the man for the job - tactically brilliant, courageous, well aware of how loyalty can be bought with coin, and far more honourable than he cares to admit even to himself.

This.

I'm hoping that he becomes Commander of the Gold Cloaks sooner rather than later. He is just the man for the job - tactically brilliant, courageous, well aware of how loyalty can be bought with coin, and far more honourable than he cares to admit even to himself.

what makes you think Bronn is any more honorable than his next paycheck demands?

what makes you think Bronn is any more honorable than his next paycheck demands?

Call it a hunch, I won't protest. But it is the vibe I get from his last talk with Tyrion in ASOS.

We have met few people more brutally honest than him - he puts even Sandor to shame in this regard - and yet his path has consistently been one of earning more respectability and autonomy.

I don't think he is so purely interested in money for money's sake anymore. If for no other reason, because he no longer needs to, and he had ample opportunity to build his own opinions about the court intrigues and its main participants. Were he inclined to better integrate with them, he would become much like a Kettleblack. But deep down he is not that kind of man.

Bronn will pledge House Stokeworth to Tyrion and Daenerys when they cross the Narrow Sea. And I do think Tyrion will not care what he did, he knows that Bronn is/was a sellsword and that there are things men like that won't do, like commit suicide fighting Gregor Clegane.

Yep. I don't blame Tyrion for trying, but even he couldn't blame Bronn for refusing either. He seemed to completely understand Bronn's take on the matter.

As well he should, reallly. Gold isn't very useful when one is crushed by the Mountain.

I'm not sure what can buy Bronn anymore. Gold? Don't be silly-- he has plenty as "Lord Stokeworth". At this point, only the threat of losing his lordship could move him to actually risk his favorite skin in a fight.

And Cersei, not understanding this at all, seems intent on giving him just this kind of motivation. I don't think Bronn was at all surprised that with Cersei in charge that he'd be in the cross hairs. Cersei eliminating Falyse was a lucky stroke for him in that regard-- otherwise she would be Lady Stokeworth, not him. Cersei could easily have survived the "scandal" of it being public knowledge that she asked Ser Balman to challenge Tyrion's former head sell-sword. Instead, she eliminates a witness, more out of habit than calculation, who also deprives her of a claim on a major House in the crownlands. Big blunder. Especially since his allegiance was probably quite winnable.

If Bronn takes any further action in the book, it will be either because he's been unseated from House Stokeworth, or has been threatened with the same. And I think Cersei, bloody and vindictive and thoughtless as she is, will do just that and give him a reason to join up with Tyrion (or Aegon, or Stannis, or anyone else who he thinks is least likely to lose).

And Cersei, not understanding this at all, seems intent on giving him just this kind of motivation. I don't think Bronn was at all surprised that with Cersei in charge that he'd be in the cross hairs. Cersei eliminating Falyse was a lucky stroke for him in that regard-- otherwise she would be Lady Stokeworth, not him. Cersei could easily have survived the "scandal" of it being public knowledge that she asked Ser Balman to challenge Tyrion's former head sell-sword. Instead, she eliminates a witness, more out of habit than calculation, who also deprives her of a claim on a major House in the crownlands. Big blunder. Especially since his allegiance was probably quite winnable.

A few days after giving Falyse to Qyburn, Cersei actually realizes that and inmediatly asks Qyburn if she is still healthy, with him giving a creepy cryptic answer that says it's too late for that, with Cersei, unwilling to admit she made a mistake, goes 'Oh never mind'.

Archived