Little Finger's Death.

lostaphrodite

This issue is being made much too complicated. Sansa doesn't need to outsmart Littlefinger or become more devious than him. She simply has to poison his wine using the crystallized Strangler in her hairnet (yeah, I'm sure that was kept in the story for no reason). I think this is a done deal and this will occur in the next book.

Why would she kill the person who got her out of King's Landing and now promises her the Vale's armies to win back her home? What would she do then? Be babysat by Brienne until she can get married? How droll.

Sansa will remember Littlefinger's advice: "Always keep your hands clean." She could have him die in a way that doesn't lead back to her. She will probably try collecting allies first, starting with Luthor Brune. She knows he fancies Mya Stone, her friend, and if she can play Cupid and help Luthor Brune with Mya to the point that they marry, he will be in her debt. Then there's the influence she has over Robert and the friendship with Myranda Royce.

Why would she kill the person who got her out of King's Landing and now promises her the Vale's armies to win back her home?

Why would Seymour destroy Audrey II?

She has "escaped" from one batch of devils, just to become the prisonner of another. Littlefinger is a monster. And she has just found out he is plotting the murder of a small child.

Why would Seymour destroy Audrey II?

She has "escaped" from one batch of devils, just to become the prisonner of another. Littlefinger is a monster. And she has just found out he is plotting the murder of a small child.

May you please inform me what danger she suffers at the Eyrie that was comparable to the constant threat of staying in King's Landing?

Sansa will eventually get sick of LF, but she's too timid to do anything about it. I wouldn't mind seeing Sansa accidentally warging in her sleep and her warged self kills LF, and only when she sees what she has done when she wakes up will she discover her warging ability.

Silly theory, but something i've always thought about - only problem is that Lady is dead so what will she warg in to.

Sansa will eventually get sick of LF, but she's too timid to do anything about it. I wouldn't mind seeing Sansa accidentally warging in her sleep and her warged self kills LF, and only when she sees what she has done when she wakes up will she discover her warging ability.

Silly theory, but something i've always thought about - only problem is that Lady is dead so what will she warg in to.

birds dogs cats

Why would she kill the person who got her out of King's Landing and now promises her the Vale's armies to win back her home? What would she do then? Be babysat by Brienne until she can get married? How droll.

Erm the person who saved her from KL is just as bad if not worse. At least Cersei wouldn't have raped her. Sansa knows that she's being used as a pawn by LF and I think it's only a matter of time before she gets sick of it and decides to take her fate into her own hands. LF plan imo is to stitch the realm back together so he can reap his rewards from the war. To do this he's going to try and use Sansa as a marriage chip that can unite The North, The Vale and The Riverlands. Now seeing as The Riverlands are technically under the king's peace now, this also brings The North and The Vale firmly into the hands of the lannisters, and it makes LF the de facto leader of over half the realm. Sansa will I think figure out these implications, and do something about it, disposing of LF after her marriage to Harry, so that she can give the alleigance of all those lords to Staniss.

Also I think that Sweetrobin's death will be the final straw for her, when she realises that she has to get out of here, and that there's no knight in shining armour coming to save her. And what will she do after this? Well I think that Sansa's political training from LF, and her Stark honour, might just make her the key to sorting out the old blood feuds and uniting the realm against the Others.

Erm the person who saved her from KL is just as bad if not worse. At least Cersei wouldn't have raped her. Sansa knows that she's being used as a pawn by LF and I think it's only a matter of time before she gets sick of it and decides to take her fate into her own hands. LF plan imo is to stitch the realm back together so he can reap his rewards from the war. To do this he's going to try and use Sansa as a marriage chip that can unite The North, The Vale and The Riverlands. Now seeing as The Riverlands are technically under the king's peace now, this also brings The North and The Vale firmly into the hands of the lannisters, and it makes LF the de facto leader of over half the realm. Sansa will I think figure out these implications, and do something about it, disposing of LF after her marriage to Harry, so that she can give the alleigance of all those lords to Staniss.

Also I think that Sweetrobin's death will be the final straw for her, when she realises that she has to get out of here, and that there's no knight in shining armour coming to save her. And what will she do after this? Well I think that Sansa's political training from LF, and her Stark honour, might just make her the key to sorting out the old blood feuds and uniting the realm against the Others.

It's humorous to see people get so worked up over Bealish for basically being smarter and better at politics than anyone else in the story.

First of all, Baelish isnt raping anyone. Lets try to deal with the actual events in the story for a few minutes. As far as Sansa as a marriage chip goes, that's the reality of Westeros. The whole story begins with her own family using Sansa as a marriage chip to Joffery. Then it's the Lannisters, and the Tyrells, and then Baelish. This is the way Nobility works in Westeros. Sansa is in line with this and her whole life she has been dreaming about marrying herself to another great house for her family. Littlefinger is at least giving Sansa a choice in the matter, or giving her the illusion of a choice. Maybe the modern reader doesnt like the situtaion, but Sansa in Westeros accepts her role in that sense.

Im interested in seeing what happens with Sansa in the next two books, but I don't think she will harbor a great deal of resentment towards Baelish. He did save her life, and in all likelihood he is going to help restore the Starks as a noble house. Right now the Starks are effectively wiped out.

It's humorous to see people get so worked up over Bealish for basically being smarter and better at politics than anyone else in the story.

First of all, Baelish isnt raping anyone. Lets try to deal with the actual events in the story for a few minutes. As far as Sansa as a marriage chip goes, that's the reality of Westeros. The whole story begins with her own family using Sansa as a marriage chip to Joffery. Then it's the Lannisters, and the Tyrells, and then Baelish. This is the way Nobility works in Westeros. Sansa is in line with this and her whole life she has been dreaming about marrying herself to another great house for her family. Littlefinger is at least giving Sansa a choice in the matter, or giving her the illusion of a choice. Maybe the modern reader doesnt like the situtaion, but Sansa in Westeros accepts her role in that sense.

Im interested in seeing what happens with Sansa in the next two books, but I don't think she will harbor a great deal of resentment towards Baelish. He did save her life, and in all likelihood he is going to help restore the Starks as a noble house. Right now the Starks are effectively wiped out.

You seem to have misunderstood my post completely. Firstly, I'm not getting "worked up", sorry if I came across that way.

Secondly, no LF hasn't raped Sansa, but I think it's pretty obvious that that's a possibility. At the very least he'll be sexually harassing her, even if it's not outright rape.

Thirdly I'm not objecting to Sansa being used as a marriage chip. That is after all the way of Westeros. However I don't think she's going to be too happy about being used to bring the rest of the realm under control of the lannisters and have like two thirds of it (including her home.) under LF control. So I think she'll be using her marryability to her own advantage, to give The North, The Riverlands, and The Vale to Stannis so she can get back at the Lannisters. And as for being given the illusion of choice, well it's just that; an illusion. Sansa is wisening up imo (I'll be incredibly disapointed if she turns out not to be.) and she'll through that illusion pretty fast.

Do you actually think Sansa is going side with the man that's led to the downfall of her house, the man who's been sexually harrasing her, the man who's using her to hand the realm to her enemies? I just can't fathom how that's logical. I mean do you think that Sansa will just stay as a powerless captive of LF for the rest of the series?

You seem to have misunderstood my post completely. Firstly, I'm not getting "worked up", sorry if I came across that way.

Secondly, no LF hasn't raped Sansa, but I think it's pretty obvious that that's a possibility. At the very least he'll be sexually harassing her, even if it's not outright rape.

Thirdly I'm not objecting to Sansa being used as a marriage chip. That is after all the way of Westeros. However I don't think she's going to be too happy about being used to bring the rest of the realm under control of the lannisters and have like two thirds of it (including her home.) under LF control. So I think she'll be using her marryability to her own advantage, to give The North, The Riverlands, and The Vale to Stannis so she can get back at the Lannisters. And as for being given the illusion of choice, well it's just that; an illusion. Sansa is wisening up imo (I'll be incredibly disapointed if she turns out not to be.) and she'll through that illusion pretty fast.

Do you actually think Sansa is going side with the man that's led to the downfall of her house, the man who's been sexually harrasing her, the man who's using her to hand the realm to her enemies? I just can't fathom how that's logical. I mean do you think that Sansa will just stay as a powerless captive of LF for the rest of the series?

Terms like sexual harassment are meaningless in Westeros. Using that to justify your argument is silly. Baelish kissed Sansa, and I didnt see her objecting to it in the least. If something else happened then someone please remind me of Baelish forcing himself on Sansa.

And how is Baelish using Sansa to hand the realm to her enemies? I see him setting himself up as a grand lord, which is exactly what he should be doing for himself. I also see him setting Sansa up as a grand lord again, with more holding than the Starks held at the beginning of the story. Sansa would have Winterfell plus the Vale under her direct control. In what way is that bad for Sansa? Petyr also saves Sansa from her marriage to the Lannisters in this, and cripples the Lannisters power by removing their claim to Winterfell. That's not helping her enemies, that's opposing them.

Help me see where you have any point at all here.

Terms like sexual harassment are meaningless in Westeros. Using that to justify your argument is silly. Baelish kissed Sansa, and I didnt see her objecting to it in the least. If something else happened then someone please remind me of Baelish forcing himself on Sansa.

And how is Baelish using Sansa to hand the realm to her enemies? I see him setting himself up as a grand lord, which is exactly what he should be doing for himself. I also see him setting Sansa up as a grand lord again, with more holding than the Starks held at the beginning of the story. Sansa would have Winterfell plus the Vale under her direct control. In what way is that bad for Sansa? Petyr also saves Sansa from her marriage to the Lannisters in this, and cripples the Lannisters power by removing their claim to Winterfell. That's not helping her enemies, that's opposing them.

Help me see where you have any point at all here.

No sexual harrasment isn't a legal term in westeros. That doesn't mean people enjoy it. I haven't got the page to hand but I didn't get the impression Sansa was swooning over him after there kiss. As I read it she was simply shocked and didn't know what to do. And I'm kind of confused as to how you can't see that that could easily lead to more. And I don't think Sansa will be enjoying it.

Also by uniting The North, The Vale and The Riverlands under Sansa he's bringing the former two fully into the King's Peace again. The Riverlands are already under the king's peace so by grouping The North and The Vale together with the Riverlands they to, come under it. And the king just so happens to be a Lannister, so yes that's handing the realm to her enemies. And so long as she's staying with LF it seems pretty silly to assume that she's going to have any power whatsoever. She'd just be a pawn of LF and she knows it. Sansa has realised by now I think that he didn't rescue her out of altruism. And also LF is murdering Sweetrobin. Sure Sansa finds him a little annoying but I hardly think she'll be condoning the murder of a small, sickly child.

Please explain to me why you think Sansa is going to be friends with LF when the only good things he's done for her have been for his own gain.

Please explain to me why you think Sansa is going to be friends with LF when the only good things he's done for her have been for his own gain.

Except he gains nothing-by having spirited away Sansa, he's made himself appear complicit in Joffery's murder.

When/if she marries Haary, both the Vale and Winterfell will be in the Arryn's power, not Petyr's.

He has endangered his life for a plan that will restore Winterfell to Sansa.

Right I've read through the passage were LF kisses Sansa and she quite clearly does struggle against it:

" Sansa tried to step back but he pulled her into his arms and suddenly he was kissing her. Feebly she tried to squirm, but only succeeded in pushing herself more tightly against him. His mouth was on hers, swollowing her words. He tasted of mint. For half a heartbeat she yielded to the kiss...before she turned her face away and wrenched free."

She's definitely not enjoying it, and the next page has her likening him to Marrillion who's been harrasing her. So yeah there's definitely potential for more, and there's a possible rift between the two.

Except he gains nothing-by having spirited away Sansa, he's made himself appear complicit in Joffery's murder.

When/if she marries Haary, both the Vale and Winterfell will be in the Arryn's power, not Petyr's.

He has endangered his life for a plan that will restore Winterfell to Sansa.

Yes he does gain something. No he won't be in direct control of The North or The Vale, but I think he believes that Sansa trusts him, and that therefore he'll be able to pull the strings and control them from behind the scenes. This puts him in indirect control of over half the realm for about the dozenth time. Sure Sansa will be restored to Winterfell, but as a pawn under the control of LF, and under the peace of a lannister king.

Also I'm curious as to where you think Sansa's story is going if you think she's going to remain a captive of one group or anther for the entire series, waiting for someone to rescue her?

And I don't see how LF has made him implicit in Joffrey's murder. LF can easily make it out that his agents have found Sansa in say one of the free cities, and that he disguised her as Alayne to throw the Lannisters enemies off the scent, or something. LF is one of the best political manipulaters in Westeros. He can keep his hands clean.

Yes he does gain something. No he won't be in direct control of The North or The Vale, but I think he believes that Sansa trusts him, and that therefore he'll be able to pull the strings and control them from behind the scenes. This puts him in indirect control of over half the realm for about the dozenth time. Sure Sansa will be restored to Winterfell, but as a pawn under the control of LF, and under the peace of a lannister king.

Also I'm curious as to where you think Sansa's story is going if you think she's going to remain a captive of one group or anther for the entire series, waiting for someone to rescue her?

I don't think LF is going to fall into the "she's under my control" trap-that would be disappointing.

I hope to see Sansa learn from Petyr and to grow more aggressive. I want to see her using his methods to systematically crush the Lannnisters and take revenge for her family.

Archived