Am I the only guy who has a thing for Brienne?

I don't think Brienne is actually that ugly, objectively speaking. I think she just looks strange for a woman, in a way that Westerosi people find unattractive. In modern times I don't think she'd be considered ugly, just somewhat unusual looking.

That said, while I do like girls, she's not my type. I'd rather have someone closer to my own physique. :) I don't think it's weird for guys to like her, though.

http://3.bp.blogspot...600/Brienne.jpg

That's really close to the mental picture I had of her whilst reading the books, and to the description in the books. In fact, I think that's the only fan art that was close to the image I had of a character.

I definitely agree that that depection is probably the closest I've seen to the descriptions of GRRM. Not sure about the hairstyle though.

There are other Lady-warriors in these books who i find more attractive than Brienne, Dacey Mormont, Asha Greyjoy and Nymeria Sand come to mind.

What i really think is a turn-down for me regarding Brienne is that naiveness of her, she is a good person but it really bothers me how she can be so innocent in a world like Westeros. It makes me feel sorry for her, and i can't be attracted to a person to whom i feel sorry.

I definitely agree that that depection is probably the closest I've seen to the descriptions of GRRM. Not sure about the hairstyle though.

Me too - she has long ('lank', 'strawlike') hair in the books, which I see as intrinsic to her, for some reason.

I do find her quite sexy, in an odd way - she's just sooo inexperienced, vulnerable and has such a bad history where romance is concerned I want someone to just be nice to her for once, which translates into very easily imagining her in a sexual situation. Which is a direction the books really suggest anyway, IMO.

I like to think that if there was a contest on eyes alone, Brienne would be the winner. My guess is that if Jaime+Brienne is going to happen, it will be looking into her eyes that will win Jaime over and consider her as a sexual partner.

But do I find her sexually attractive on the whole? No. Anyone above six feet in height is a turn-off for me, and she doesn't have a lot of female curves to speak of.

On a less superficial note, yes, I do like Brienne. She's a likeable person, strong and brave. If knighthoods were given to people who actually deserve them, Brienne would be a Kingsguard for sure. I'd love to have her as a friend.

Above six feet in height is a turn-off for me...

:shocked:

Uh... okay. To each his own. Height adds a uniqueness, making it hotter (for me, anyway). I personally have a MINIMUM height requirement of 5'3" to 5'4". If they're too short I get pedo vibes.

My personal taste in female bodies is athletic/slightly muscular.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/athletic%20woman/lesser_satan/hotties/JamieKoeppe2.jpg

:shocked:

Uh... okay. To each his own. Height adds a uniqueness, making it hotter (for me, anyway). I personally have a MINIMUM height requirement of 5'3" to 5'4". If they're too short I get pedo vibes.

My personal taste in female bodies is athletic/slightly muscular.

http://media.photobu...amieKoeppe2.jpg

Hey, we all have our preferences! I like tall girls too, but only to a point... About 5'8" or 5'9" is my ideal. At Brienne's height it just gets awkward. I also prefer women who are thin rather than muscular... Basically, I want someone around the same height and build as me. Is that weird?

Archived