Sandor Clegane v.19

brashcandy

I think she declined as she was more afraid of the outside battle, the wildfire and the very real threat of being attacked outside of the castle.

Remember Cersei's story to her about what goes on during a battle?

Yea.....she was even MORE afraid of the outside than staying in her tower

the hound is, after all, just one man.....

I took her "discomfort" of how he was looking at her more of a fear over WHY she was being summoned by Joff. "The hOund was always rough-tongued, but something in the way he looked at her filled her with dread. Had Joffrey found out about her meetings with Ser Dontos?"

Then she asks him "Tell me what i've done"

so he must've been looking at her in a way that implied he KNEW something bad was going to happen to her. It wasnt him that made her uncomfortable....it was the fear of what awaited her

Oh, I didn't mean he made her uncomfortable, sorry if I made that sound like that. I just compared her feeling with the one's I had when I was a teenage: many older men found me attractive when i was 13 (sometimes, I even got into troubles because of that) and the way they stared wasn't that comfortable, you know. Only later I understood that were just men's desires, I really was unaware of their motivations, when I was 13 and also afraid.

i must admit I forgot about the circumstances of that scene, so I probably just imagining, once again sorry. it is really easy to get away with your own imagination…not the actual facts from the book :))

I agree, but he didn't have to tell her his story. He put his own personal history on the line there, something that clearly matters to him, since he threatens to kill her if she tells anyone. I think subconsciously he was looking to release that burden, and somehow sensed that he could trust Sansa.

That´s fantastic! I just asked before what made Sandor tell his personal story to Sansa, and between childofsummer and Brashcandy they just got to the answer (or at least to someone that suites really good with their characters).

And Brashcandy thank you for telling the meaning of IIRC and IMHO.

I wonder why this scene was changed in s1 so that LF was telling Sansa the story?

Maybe to show the interest of LF to Sansa (after you could see in the shows that in the second day of tourney he sat after her and when he was explaining the trick of Loras he put a hand in Sansa shoulder and when Ned looked at him on a way of: "what are you doing? Get your hand out of there!" he got his hand out.

Sansa and her Florian and Jonquil:

This morning the puppeteers were doing the tale of Florian and Jonquil. The fat Dornishwoman was working Florian in his armor made of motley, while the tall girl held Jonquil’s strings. “You are no knight,” she was saying as the puppet’s mouth moved up and down. “I know you. You are Florian the Fool.”

“I am, my lady,” the other puppet answered, kneeling. “As great a fool as ever lived, and as great a knight as well.”

“A fool and a knight?” said Jonquil. “I have never heard of such a thing.”

“Sweet lady,” said Florian, “all men are fools, and all men are knights, where women are concerned.”

It was a good show, sad and sweet both, with a sprightly swordfight at the end, and a nicely painted giant.

” — George R. R. Martin, The Hedge Knight

Thoughts????

Have you read this interview? it's very interesting (I know, there's thread about books, non TV show, but there's some information about SanSan, so I think this interview fit here better)

http://www.accesshollywood.com/tv/access-countdown-to-game-of-thrones-season-2-qanda-rory-mccann-talks-sandor-clegane-the-hound_article_61074

Ok, based on that interview alone, I'm officially sold on Rory as the Hound! :) He seems really dedicated to the role and has a good understanding of the dynamics in play. Also, his life sounds exactly like the kind of life the Hound would live. Very cool...

Ok, based on that interview alone, I'm officially sold on Rory as the Hound! :) He seems really dedicated to the role and has a good understanding of the dynamics in play. Also, his life sounds exactly like the kind of life the Hound would live. Very cool...

All afternoon all I've been able to think about is, where do I rent a rowboat?

And I've been having terrible problems getting on this site - I assume it's because thousands of Sandor fans have been clicking on the interview link and loading the web pages down!

I think there maybe a number of reasons. Earlier in the evening Cersei had two maidservants and a stable boy executed by Ser Ilyne for trying to escape. Cersei also threatened Sansa that Ser Ilyne might take her head, so I think that may have been part of it.

Then there is the fact that he is drunk and not putting his proposal in the best possible way. Also the knife to the throat....

Basically if he ever sees her again, there is a big apology due for his douche behaviour!

I think hard in that apology, and finally I believe they are beyond that point. Just see them together will be great. I don´t know why but I keep thinking that they will speak of others things and any apology will be say neither request.

Oh! I wish Sansa didn´t keep all her feelings so inside that are even hard to find reading her.

Sansa and her Florian and Jonquil:

This morning the puppeteers were doing the tale of Florian and Jonquil. The fat Dornishwoman was working Florian in his armor made of motley, while the tall girl held Jonquil’s strings. “You are no knight,” she was saying as the puppet’s mouth moved up and down. “I know you. You are Florian the Fool.”

“I am, my lady,” the other puppet answered, kneeling. “As great a fool as ever lived, and as great a knight as well.”

“A fool and a knight?” said Jonquil. “I have never heard of such a thing.”

“Sweet lady,” said Florian, “all men are fools, and all men are knights, where women are concerned.”

It was a good show, sad and sweet both, with a sprightly swordfight at the end, and a nicely painted giant.

” — George R. R. Martin, The Hedge Knight

Thoughts????

Really good that you got the song, and this part! That it is a truth. The Hound doesn´t want to be a knight as the ones that are around him. But his behaviour is more knightly than the others.

I just laugh imagining what he will say about been a true knight

Really good that you got the song, and this part! That it is a truth. The Hound doesn´t want to be a knight as the ones that are around him. But his behaviour is more knightly than the others.

I just laugh imagining what he will say about been a true knight

"Bugger that. What I really want to do is direct." :D

Seriously, though. That has to be hard, acting with sweat leaking from the prosthetic above his eyebrow...?! I love that he took time to research his character thoroughly.

Just read the part where he said he picked up some pointers from reading forums on Sandor's character and did a little squee! :)

I'd like to see it: Rory checked e.g. westeros.org, if there is something about Sandor. Search result: first, second, third, .... over a dozen Sandor's thread. So he must be convinced, that some people here are total crazy ;)

:agree:

Once I had different opinion on Rory as Hound but now I changed my mind

Good thing that he didn´t found out that we are at 19 of Sandor Clegane!!

I like how he acts (the scene of the show with Sansa that it is not on books), his face tells a lot when he see Sansa. But I can´t think of The Hound with beard, I just I can´t. Hear can´t grow in burned skin, and Sandor probably shaves his other side to don´t look more weird (as he left to grow up his head hear to cover the burned side).

Great interview.

Apparently lovin' little birds...lol! You just have to go "erm, oh, uh, okay," when you read that. Sounded so off the cuff, and you just can't make that stuff up on the spot.

Well, that would be great if this forum was on the "read" list, because as far as characterization and analysis and different pov's being respected this is THE thread for insight.

So which one of you loyal posters are him? LOLLOLLOL! Really now? LOL! Ok, just come out with it...

Only kidding. Well, anyway, I have posted this before and if the writing stays tight and true to Sandor/Sansa's story, I am totally rooting for an Emmy for the Hound. Er, I mean the dude who plays him and is doing an awesome job. Those scenes in COK have all the makings of something great.

I think she declined as she was more afraid of the outside battle, the wildfire and the very real threat of being attacked outside of the castle.

Remember Cersei's story to her about what goes on during a battle?

Yea.....she was even MORE afraid of the outside than staying in her tower

the hound is, after all, just one man.....

I’m not even sure she understood what he was offering her at that moment, it was not very clear. And then, he didn’t give her much time to get it… How long do you think this whole scene actually lasted? Probably not much more than 5 minutes and it was a fully loaded 5 minutes. No time to think.

Archived