A feast for Crows sucked!

Tyrion the Maid

I'm reading A Dance with Dragons, which is a good book. The first 3 where also good.

But A Feast for Crows was horrible to say the least. I hated it with passion. The only good part was Arya, and Cercei.

I felt sick whenever I read about Brienne. I thought that Catelyn Stark was disguisting. But Brienne is 10 times worse! At least Catelyn didn't wield a sword. She knew her place as a woman. I still haven't recovered from reading Briennes parts.

I liked the Iron mrn chapters. Especially the first, with the Prophet!

Why did A Feast for Crows suck so hard? It brings the entire series down. It has been saved by a Dance with Dragons. All the chapters are good.

Why did A Feast for Crows suck so hard?

Just a matter of perspective, really. AFFC was the slowest book, and it went in depth into two other major kingdoms in Westeros. Great book in terms of politics and lore, but slow on action and twists/turns. I happened to like it greatly it for what it was.

I felt sick whenever I read about Brienne. I thought that Catelyn Stark was disguisting. But Brienne is 10 times worse! At least Catelyn didn't wield a sword. She knew her place as a woman. I still haven't recovered from reading Briennes parts.

Um, say what now? :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

With such a poor grasp of the English language, I'm surprised you could even understand the books, let alone despise them.

I suddenly had a great idea !

What if, you know, like, if some people who speak English and *another* language if like they would kinda you know, read the book in English, and then write it down in that other language ? Then other people could read the books in their own language ! That would help all those stupid foreigners who can't read English properly !

That would like totally rock, man !!!

I'd call it translation or something.

I suddenly had a great idea !

What if, you know, like, if some people who speak English and *another* language if like they would kinda you know, read the book in English, and then write it down in that other language ? Then other people could read the books in their own language ! That would help all those stupid foreigners who can't read English properly !

That would like totally rock, man !!!

I'd call it translation or something.

Bah-ZING.

I wondered if you might be trolling.

I liked the Iron mrn chapters. Especially the first, with the Prophet!

And then I knew for sure.

Seriously, WTF?! Brienne? Catelyn knew where was her place as a woman? So, you don't like Brienne because she didn't want to marry some old man and do nothing for the rest of her life?! I don't get how can you even say a thing like that. :thumbsdown:

I agree AFFC is different from the other ones : Lots of new POV, some that you see just one time (for now), Brienne's chapters were particularly difficult for me because she is looking for something that we know is not where she thinks it is, and the Iron Islands / Dorne parts felt to me "unfinished".

Then again : Catelyn's place as a woman ? When these books are just about being women /crippled / bastards ?

You're killing me.

Archived