Can wargs enter and control the Dragons?

Ihab

Is there anything that suggests they cannot be warged? I dont see why not, they are animals.

Are we sure they're animals?

I've never heard of animals hatching from fossilized eggs before, for instance. Nor any that can breathe fire.

I've never heard of animals hatching from fossilized eggs before, for instance. Nor any that can breathe fire.

Westeros, not earth. I have never heard of anyone warging someone either, how odd.

We have a fair amount of foreshadowing that Bran will warg a dragon and become too attached. My favourite is the line about Bran's favourite story being "the prince who thought he was a dragon". Coupled with the knowledge that skinchangers avoid birds, I think we can assume two things: 1) Bran will warg a dragon, and 2) Bran will lose himself in the dragon.

I don't imagine that Jon or Arya or anyone else will warg a dragon, however. Bran is the most powerful of the Stark wargs; it therefore makes sense that only he would be able to warg the most powerful creatures on the planet.

I like this, and agree. bran would be the only one to warg a dragon. He is the only one powerful enough.

Westeros, not earth. I have never heard of anyone warging someone either, how odd.

So in Westeros, there were other animals who are hatched from fossilized eggs and that can breathe fire?

I've never heard of a one horned goat, or a manticore for that matter, and this is Planetos.

So in Westeros, there were other animals who are hatched from fossilized eggs and that can breathe fire?

Dragons are unique in that matter, doesn't mean they aren't animals.

Jaqen H'ghar tried to take the time to answer some of the interesting curiosities about his skills and capabilities (could conduct almost flawless kills to Joffrey level and beyond), so perhaps Bloodraven will discourse upon the subject of Greenseeing and warging of exotic beings.

Whether it would be better to get ....too "caught up" (start to become them) in a dragon or an Other would be an interesting question.

Dragons are unique in that matter, doesn't mean they aren't animals.

I agree.

But I am just curious about the strength of conviction that so many here seem to have that they are animals, as if a fantasy series that also depicts the Others would not have room for a category called "supernatural beings" that are neither animals nor not-animals.

I agree.

But I am just curious about the strength of conviction that so many here seem to have that they are animals, as if a fantasy series that also depicts the Others would not have room for a category called "supernatural beings" that are neither animals nor not-animals.

According to the wiki (which admittedly can be wrong) back in the days, dragons were originally found nesting and living on volcanic isles. So while it's strange to see fossilized eggs hatch, it could be in lue with dragons living, well forever, outside captivity.

In all respects they are animals as we know it, as in they hatch, breed, eat and sleep.

I'm not sure there is much speaking for dragons being harder to warg than most other large animals, if the theory is true, that Valyria kept away from westeros due to the many skinchangers, it would certainly suggest most if not all Wargs could do this.

According to the wiki (which admittedly can be wrong) back in the days, dragons were originally found nesting and living on volcanic isles. So while it's strange to see fossilized eggs hatch, it could be in lue with dragons living, well forever, outside captivity.

In all respects they are animals as we know it, as in they hatch, breed, eat and sleep.

I'm not sure there is much speaking for dragons being harder to warg than most other large animals, if the theory is true, that Valyria kept away from westeros due to the many skinchangers, it would certainly suggest most if not all Wargs could do this.

Yeah, we can safely assume that, prior to their extinction, dragons bred and hatched like normal animals. Daenerys hatching them from fossilized eggs was a magical moment that will never again be seen.

Do we know how the Targaryen's of old controlled their dragons? Why do people assume that the dragons will need to be warged to be controlled? I do think Bran will do it though. Sorry about the questions just wondering!?

It's not that they need to be warged, its 'can they be warged and turned on each other and Dany?' pretty much.

It's not that they need to be warged, its 'can they be warged and turned on each other and Dany?' pretty much.

if warg a dragon fails, bran can always warg dany, i know it is forbidden and all that but when is a matter of life and dead, rules are out of the window.

no pun intended.

Probably yes, but I hope not. This is one of my problems with warging.... it easily leads to a too powerful character. What if Dany discovers her latent warg abilities - and is able to control all 3 dragons without ever training them. or do we believe that only Starks can be wargs.. character/plot development falls to warg ability.. too much warging would kind of ruin the story for me.

However, I kind of would like to see Bran warg a dragon.. :cool4:

It has been discussed. The north bent the knee rather than fight the targs, so the wargs never fought the Targaryen dragons. Hence, it's still an unknown whether wargs can control dragons. Just another GRRM mystery to drive us crazy.

Deliberate, surely. We don't have a precedent to draw on, one way or the other.

Probably yes, but I hope not. This is one of my problems with warging.... it easily leads to a too powerful character. What if Dany discovers her latent warg abilities - and is able to control all 3 dragons without ever training them. or do we believe that only Starks can be wargs.. character/plot development falls to warg ability.. too much warging would kind of ruin the story for me.

However, I kind of would like to see Bran warg a dragon.. :cool4:

No evidence that anyone other than a First Men descendent can be a warg. So that would exclude Dany.

If people think Dany can steamroll over everyone and everything because she has three dragons, I don't know why the idea of someone warging them should be ridiculous.

Archived