Who is Alton Lannister?

Fragile Bird

I took a look at the Season 2 casting video and saw the face of a handsome young actor playing a character I couldn't ever remember reading about, Alton Lannister. So I checked the Wiki, and yes indeed, there seems to be no such character.

Since we have a couple of weeks still before the start of Season 2, shall we have some fun speculating on who this young man might be? A new character created by GRRM for the HBO series because of a plot line we don't know about?

He's the youngest son of Tywin Lannister when Tywin secretly wed a high born lady on the 10th anniversary of his beloved Joanna's death. He never told his family about her because he didn't want them to know he was more human than he ever wanted to admit, and needed the touch of a loving woman. Oh my, the things we do for love!

In the end, it will be Alton who is the Valonqar, because Jaime and Tyrion are such loved characters GRRM decided to spare them that role.

Have fun! I don't think this is fan fiction, HBO should tell us who he is!

I don't have a source, but I'm 99% positive he's supposed to fill the role of Cleos Frey.

I think that's mostly just speculation but it makes sense. I guess they thought it would be confusing having a Frey on the side of the Lannisters with the Freys on Robb's side.

I took a look at the Season 2 casting video and saw the face of a handsome young actor playing a character I couldn't ever remember reading about, Alton Lannister. So I checked the Wiki, and yes indeed, there seems to be no such character.

Since we have a couple of weeks still before the start of Season 2, shall we have some fun speculating on who this young man might be? A new character created by GRRM for the HBO series because of a plot line we don't know about?

He's the youngest son of Tywin Lannister when Tywin secretly wed a high born lady on the 10th anniversary of his beloved Joanna's death. He never told his family about her because he didn't want them to know he was more human than he ever wanted to admit, and needed the touch of a loving woman. Oh my, the things we do for love!

In the end, it will be Alton who is the Valonqar, because Jaime and Tyrion are such loved characters GRRM decided to spare them that role.

Have fun! I don't think this is fan fiction, HBO should tell us who he is!

apparently the westerlings are going to be lannisters of lannisport or some shit as well.

Nooooo way baby. Go back and read the description of Cleos. This honey ain't him, noooo way.

And besides, don't be a killjoy!

oh yes baby :P he is :D but the most disappointing thing is the name choice.... alton :P

apparently the westerlings are going to be lannisters of lannisport or some shit as well.

Really? That's gross. And sucks.

And I've just come home from seeing GRRM here in Toronto, and I wrote about it under GRRM in Toronto, and there's a summary of the chapter he read, a Victarion POV, FYI.

He is the elder brother of Jeyne Lannister, Robb's love interest in season 2.

After singlehandedly holding off the majority of the Stark forces in the Storm of the Crag, Alton Lannister evades capture, though his sister does not.

Alton retreats to Tywin's camp, where he is given the special assignment of rescuing Jaime from the Starks. He stealthily enters the camp of the Northmen and goes to the prisons, only to be confronted by Jaime's guard, Grey Wind. The direwolf attacks him but Alton destroys the beast, earning the name Wolfslayer. However the death alerts Robb who sends his men to stop their escape. When confronted with Robb and the Stark men, Alton says "I want my sister back."

"Too late," says Robb, "because I've impregnated the shit out of her."

This sends Alton into a rage. He kills Rickard Karstark and Galbert Glover, before summoning a direlion and riding out of the camp on it and into the sunset.

Nobody knows exactly where he went. Some say he's joined Beric Dondarrion's outlaw company. Others say he's chosen a life of exile beyond the Wall. Some whisper of dragons and the last scion of a fallen dynasty in the East. All say this, though: the day will come when Alton "Wolfslayer" Lannister will bring the Starks to their knees.

After singlehandedly holding off the majority of the Stark forces in the Storm of the Crag, Alton Lannister evades capture, though his sister does not.

Alton retreats to Tywin's camp, where he is given the special assignment of rescuing Jaime from the Starks. He stealthily enters the camp of the Northmen and goes to the prisons, only to be confronted by Jaime's guard, Grey Wind. The direwolf attacks him but Alton destroys the beast, earning the name Wolfslayer. However the death alerts Robb who sends his men to stop their escape. When confronted with Robb and the Stark men, Alton says "I want my sister back."

This sends Alton into a rage. He kills Rickard Karstark and Galbert Glover, before summoning a direlion and riding out of the camp on it and into the sunset.

Nobody knows exactly where he went. Some say he's joined Beric Dondarrion's outlaw company. Others say he's chosen a life of exile beyond the Wall. Some whisper of dragons and the last scion of a fallen dynasty in the East. All say this, though: the day will come when Alton "Wolfslayer" Lannister will bring the Starks to their knees.

Gold. Lannister gold, in fact.

Can't kill off Grey Wind like that, who's body is Robb's head going to get sewn on to after the Red Wedding??

Archived