Ramsay Bolton / Reeds ? - Confirmed Out?

Irish815

Not after Harry Potter she isn't. She's perhaps not A-list, but she's still one of the more prominent stars in GOT which confuses me considering Osha is a rather minor character who has dissapeared for three books now. Not a good allocation of casting budget if you ask me.

I agree......they should have cast her as Asha, if anything.....

Nothing special about them.

Actually, there is. Jojen has the green sight. He sees things differently than others. That makes him...if only there was a word for it...

Why do I feel like they won't show Ramsay and simply use Dagmer to betray Theon? Thinking about it, the idea of Ramsay appearing for three-to-five minutes and then dissapearing for three seasons seems... unrealistic. As badly as I want Ramsay, I just don't believe we'll see an actor cast for a long time.

Why do I feel like they won't show Ramsay and simply use Dagmer to betray Theon? Thinking about it, the idea of Ramsay appearing for three-to-five minutes and then dissapearing for three seasons seems... unrealistic. As badly as I want Ramsay, I just don't believe we'll see an actor cast for a long time.

Looks like your speculation was correct. We didn't even get a helmed extra, just people talking about him (and not even a name). Since that list didn't contain Ramsay, I'm wondering if they'll hold him and Theon's captivity off til S4.

Didn't they already have a character for Beric from season 1? Ned sent him to bring the Mountain to justice. Or are they recasting him?

I have seen lists that do have Ramsay on it.

As far as the Reeds, I don't know how you could do the series without it. They are Bran's guides both spiritually and physically.

Not after Harry Potter she isn't. She's perhaps not A-list, but she's still one of the more prominent stars in GOT which confuses me considering Osha is a rather minor character who has dissapeared for three books now. Not a good allocation of casting budget if you ask me.

This is not even slightly true. She had one small role in a big movie franchise. And that's basically the extent of her pre-Game of Thrones resume. There's certainly no evidence whatever that she costs any more than any of the other actors on the show - do you think that she's demanding more money for parts because she had a small role in Harry Potter? These actors *indisputably* have more impressive credits than Tena -- Sean Bean, Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Stephen Dillane, Donald Sumpter, Charles Dance, Iain Glen, Jason Momoa, Julian Glover, Aidan Gillan, probably several more. Dinklage has starred in Hollywood films; Headey had the lead role in a broadcast network TV series. Momoa and Gillan had long term prominent supporting roles in TV series. Dillane has been in a good number of movies, and played Jefferson in the John Adams miniseries, one of the more important roles. Iain Glen has a long resume of TV and movie roles. Sumpter, Dance, and Glover are British character actors with numerous, numerous roles to their credits. Natalia Tena, by contrast, had a small supporting role in the Harry Potter movies. And that's it. The idea that she would cost more money than another actress, or that she is demanding a bigger part, or that the producers are making her part bigger because she's such a big actress, is totally ridiculous.

Looks like your speculation was correct. We didn't even get a helmed extra, just people talking about him (and not even a name). Since that list didn't contain Ramsay, I'm wondering if they'll hold him and Theon's captivity off til S4.

There's word that they're casting Ramsay, despite him not being on the EW list. I'd be rather surprised if he and Theon don't show up next season - the way they left it, things are much less clear than in the books, and I assume that's because they want to have more to do with Theon next year.

They didn't make her part bigger because she was a "big" actress....they did so because they LIKED her as an actress. That's great and all, but they also felt the same way about Ros......

Just seems strange to me to change the story just because you like an actor or actress.

They didn't make her part bigger because she was a "big" actress....they did so because they LIKED her as an actress. That's great and all, but they also felt the same way about Ros......

Just seems strange to me to change the story just because you like an actor or actress.

That's exactly how normal TV shows that aren't based on books operate. It's also how most actual existing TV shows that are based on books operate - True Blood decided not to kill Lafayette at the end of the first season, as happens in the books, because they liked the actor too much. Television is so much about chemistry between the actors that this makes perfect sense. The issue is that in some ways, because of Benioff and Weiss's desire to remain close to the plot of the books, Game of Thrones doesn't operate like a normal TV show. So when they start doing normal TV show things, it seems kind of weird. So, TV shows write out actors who can't return by killing their characters all the time. But when Benioff & Weiss do that for Irri and Rakharo, two characters who are alive in the books, it seems puzzling, even though neither of those characters has ever done anything relevant to the plot in the books.

That's exactly how normal TV shows that aren't based on books operate. It's also how most actual existing TV shows that are based on books operate - True Blood decided not to kill Lafayette at the end of the first season, as happens in the books, because they liked the actor too much. Television is so much about chemistry between the actors that this makes perfect sense. The issue is that in some ways, because of Benioff and Weiss's desire to remain close to the plot of the books, Game of Thrones doesn't operate like a normal TV show. So when they start doing normal TV show things, it seems kind of weird. So, TV shows write out actors who can't return by killing their characters all the time. But when Benioff & Weiss do that for Irri and Rakharo, two characters who are alive in the books, it seems puzzling, even though neither of those characters has ever done anything relevant to the plot in the books.

To be fair the actor playing Rakharo couldn't continue with the show as opposed to them writing him out. They just used him leaving to develop a scene for Dany this season. he would have played the role Kovarro played this year.

Irri is another story, but it is likely a budget thing, you open up more money for other characters by cutting a useless handmaiden that can be played by an extra. Especially with the cast expanding like it is.

To be fair the actor playing Rakharo couldn't continue with the show as opposed to them writing him out. They just used him leaving to develop a scene for Dany this season. he would have played the role Kovarro played this year.

Irri is another story, but it is likely a budget thing, you open up more money for other characters by cutting a useless handmaiden that can be played by an extra. Especially with the cast expanding like it is.

That was my point. The actor playing Rakharo was leaving, so they wrote out his character. Which is perfectly normal in TV shows, but was vaguely controversial on Game of Thrones, because his character is alive in the books.

Archived