Ramsay Bolton / Reeds ? - Confirmed Out?

Irish815

Okay, does anybody else find Osha (show version) kinda annoying? That's the biggest reason the Reeds have to make it into the show.

Yeah I don't really like her. I prefered her in the books. I'm also confused as to why they cast such a big name actress as Osha. An unknown would have been better and I think that might be why we didn't get the Reeds this season because D+D wanted (or Natalie demanded.) that Osha be given more screen time.

I hate it when people say we don't need the Reeds, they are just trying to rationalize the fact that they are being excluded. There are plenty of characters that are less important than the Reeds but are getting more screen time. No one is watching this show to see Natalia Tena, eventhough I love her performance. Also she can accompany Bran and the Reeds all the way up to the wall if needed. Then she can go back south to find Rickon or maybe even take Rickon along the journey up to the Wall.

I'm also confused as to why they cast such a big name actress as Osha

Holy shit, she's virtually unknown. Are you fucking kidding me? A "big name actress" would be Uma Thurman or Sharon Stone. I think I'm losing my mind here!

GRRM left this clue in his Not a Blog post on May 12: My immediate assumption was the Reeds (or at least one, I could see them combining the characters, though I hope not), but am I forgetting another possibility? Thoughts?
If you've looked at his past clues for Season 2, every time he makes a post he puts a frog picture on the side. That's all it means.

That's funny considering that the Reeds are the biggest waste of ink on paper behind Areo Hotah . Okay maybe Daario too .

Quentyn. A lot of tedious Dany chapters. The Reeds are our gate into the wonders of the Children and the First Men. They also allow Bran to be a kid again sometimes. I have the feeling they will make Bran more responsible and adult-like in the show.

Everyone has their own tastes. :)

This thread is about discussing the possibility that Ramsay and/or Reeds will be cut from the show. I was merely adding my opinion, which is that cutting the Reeds (while I can understand why) would suck for me personally as well as the other fans who happen to really, really enjoy those characters.

I don't view characters' importance based on how much they advance the plot, but rather on how much I enjoy reading about them. The Reeds made Bran's chapters magical for me. If the show-runners can still make Bran's chapters as magical without them, then great. But somehow I am rather skeptical.

I'll be happy to be proven wrong, though.

The Reeds are integral to the story in so many ways. Firstly, Howland Reed saved Ned Stark from being killed by Arthur Dayne during the rescue attempt of Lyanna and he knows the true identity of Jon's mother. Through the Reed children we are given a recollection of the Tourney of the False Spring which I believe was the catalyst for the entire series. Even though it happened approximately twenty years before GoT, the events that unfolded there led to Robert's Rebellion. Also Jojen is crucial to Bran learning about his abilities. It is his greendreams that decide what actions Bran takes in getting to the three eye crow. Osha may know about such things as a Free Folk but as was alluded to in DwD her and Rickon's storyline is not over.

I'm hoping that season 3 premiere will feature Jojen and Meera helping Bran and co. escape Winterfell or meeting in the Wolfswood.

An unrelated thought but wouldn't it be badass if bran amputated his legs and just road on the back of summer full-time.

Quentyn. A lot of tedious Dany chapters. The Reeds are our gate into the wonders of the Children and the First Men. They also allow Bran to be a kid again sometimes. I have the feeling they will make Bran more responsible and adult-like in the show.

Well I personally find the Reeds uninteresting but then again i thought the same about book Ygritte and the show has changed my opinion about her so maybe it will be the same with them .

The Reeds are integral to the story in so many ways. Firstly, Howland Reed saved Ned Stark from being killed by Arthur Dayne during the rescue attempt of Lyanna and he knows the true identity of Jon's mother. Through the Reed children we are given a recollection of the Tourney of the False Spring which I believe was the catalyst for the entire series. Even though it happened approximately twenty years before GoT, the events that unfolded there led to Robert's Rebellion. Also Jojen is crucial to Bran learning about his abilities. It is his greendreams that decide what actions Bran takes in getting to the three eye crow. Osha may know about such things as a Free Folk but as was alluded to in DwD her and Rickon's storyline is not over.

I'm hoping that season 3 premiere will feature Jojen and Meera helping Bran and co. escape Winterfell or meeting in the Wolfswood.

An unrelated thought but wouldn't it be badass if bran amputated his legs and just road on the back of summer full-time.

How in the world would an amputee ride anything?

I like the Reeds and the beyond the green dreams and their guidance of Bran and the Howland Reed/Ned/Arthur Dayne thing they also tell the story of the Tourney at Harrenhal which is a massive part of the plot. I don't see how they can wedge that in with just Osha which means either the Reeds will appear in season 3, they will ditch that whole part of the story or they'll stick some random character in to tell it as a plot device. I would personally find options 2 and 3 deeply unsatisfying. I want Bog Devils dammit!

That's funny considering that the Reeds are the biggest waste of ink on paper behind Areo Hotah . Okay maybe Daario too .

What's up with the hate for Areo. I actually liked his chapters because Doran is badass.

What's up with the hate for Areo. I actually liked his chapters because Doran is badass.

Agreed. Don't think we should have had an Areo POV, but I do like Doran. He would be one heck of a King's hand.

Holy shit, she's virtually unknown. Are you fucking kidding me? A "big name actress" would be Uma Thurman or Sharon Stone. I think I'm losing my mind here!

Not after Harry Potter she isn't. She's perhaps not A-list, but she's still one of the more prominent stars in GOT which confuses me considering Osha is a rather minor character who has dissapeared for three books now. Not a good allocation of casting budget if you ask me.

Not after Harry Potter she isn't. She's perhaps not A-list, but she's still one of the more prominent stars in GOT which confuses me considering Osha is a rather minor character who has dissapeared for three books now. Not a good allocation of casting budget if you ask me.

No way she is considered a big actress. Sure she played Tonks in Harry Potter, but that was a pretty minor role in the movies. Her screen time was VERY limited. To be honest I didn't even recognize her as the same actress. Only when I saw IMDB did I realize Tonks and Osha were the same.

She might be bigger in England. But she is definitely not a star in the States.

Archived