Ramsay Bolton / Reeds ? - Confirmed Out?

Irish815

A note on Ramsay Bolton... note that this is a spoiler on the upcoming episode (The Old Gods and the New).

The rumor/report on WIC is that in the upcoming episode Roose mentions that he is sending his bastard son to rescue Winterfell.

That seems to indicate that Ramsey exists in the HBO Westeros universe. I think the most likely scenario is that Ramsay is a glorified extra in season 2 (in full armor), and then is cast for season 3.

I can definitely see why they did it this way, but I'm worried about how they are going to pull off the millers children event. I just don't believe it in Theon's character to actually do the deed. Turn aside while Reek does it? Yes. But to actually do it himself I don't think so.

Hmmm...I just thought of something. Black Lorren was cast and that the guy who talked about taking Theon's ship was almost assuredly him. He could be the person to suggest/carry-out the act. It is a key characterization event for Ramsay, and I hate that it is going to be shifted to someone else, but I think this might work plot-wise.

Since the ep has aired I'm going to take this out of spoiler quotes:

The rumor/report on WIC is that in the upcoming episode Roose mentions that he is sending his bastard son to rescue Winterfell.

This rumor proved to be true, and I think it further reinforces both that the sack will be this season (E10?), and that Ramsey will probably be an extra this season, similar to how they did Jaqen in S1.

How about Joseph Morgan as Ramsay Bolton? I'd love to see him in the role!!!! :)

Also, WiC has a post on this from yesterday, speculating on this casting. They also list a source claiming HBO is looking to cast Ramsay for S3. Would like to know what that is based on...

First, I almost jumped out of my chair with sheer joy when Bolton said that. I've been trying to figure out how in the world they could pull off leaving Ramsay out completely and am very relieved that it's not going to be an issue

Second, I don't think we see him at all until next season

Third, as far as wishful casting goes. I've heard some rather optimistic big names like Cylian Murphy, Paul Dano, Paul Bettany and then a bunch of other less popular actors names, who I admit to not be familar with. I actually think the PERFECT guy for this, and he may be available, because he was just killed off on another big HBO series, the perfect guy in my mind.....

Michael Pitt

Pale; kind of goth looking; can be creepy and unnerving as well as intense and imposing, has a presence about him; is a damn good actor. I would LOVE IT if they grabbed him for this

I have said this many times but nobody seems to notice: Meera and Jojen should not yet be ruled out. They can easily show up at Winterfell after Ramsay and his men burn it. After Meera and Jojen unbury Bran & co from the crypts (which Hodor has to do in the books), Jojen can say that the Three-Eyed-Crow led him to them. And BAM! Meera and Jojen arrive right as their roles become most pivotal in the books.

EDIT: Looks like the crypts thing was wiped out. I wonder how they'll do it. I expect at least one Reed child to make it in.

I agree that there is still a chance for the Reeds to show up, but not in this current season (obviously). I keep waiting with baited breath to hear if they have been cast......sigh. I will be deeply disappointed if they do not play a part. I know some people think they are easily replaced, but I think something of the 'heart' of the books would be cut out with them. Sounds cheesy, but there you go.

Does anyone know if Howland Reed was even mentioned in Season One??

Ned mentioned him in passing when talking about Ser Arthur Dayne. He mentioned how Dayne would have killed him (Ned) if it wasn't for Howland Reed.

Thank you, I couldn't remember if they had left that out or not. Gives me some small smidgen of hope.... :)

Andrew Scott was damn creepy in Sherlock... but I dont see him as Ramsay...

Ah I saw his as a parody of Moriarty , couldn't take him seriously. I think probably due to the way he spoke

Archived