Character Portrayal Ratings

Hour of the Wolf

When I read the books, I got an image of how each character looked, how their voice sounded, and how they displayed their personality. Some of the characters in the show don't look, sound, or act anything like how I imagined them when I was reading. Yet, some characters are done so well, that I now picture the actor/actress when I read the books in place of my previous vision.

Here is how I would rate a few of the actors playing the characters in my mind:

Ned

Appearance: 70% accurate

Voice: 85%

Personality: 80%

Catelyn

A 65%

V 75%

P 55%

Jon

A 90%

V 80%

P 80%

Daenerys

A 70%

V 50%

P 80%

Arya

A 95%

V 85%

P 80%

Joffrey

A 100%

V 90%

P 95%

Stannis

A 40%

V 80%

P 70%

Melisandre

A 90%

V 70%

P 75%

Theon

A 90%

V 85%

P 75%

Tyrion

A 90%

V 50%

P 90%

Tywin

A = 100%

V = 100%

P = 100%

V and P are 100% definitely. In the books, Tywin has a shiny bald head and mutton chops. Charles Dance is what Tywin should look like. In fact, GRRM should have written Tywin's first physical description has "He sat at the table dressed in fiery red-golden armour with lion's head ronnels. He looked exactly like Charles Dance might look in about 14 years time and gave off the same icey cool menace."

Jamie

A- 100%

V- 70%

P- 100%

Cersei

A- 80%

V- 60%

P- 80%

Theon

A- 0%

V- 30%

P- 90%

Varys

A- ??% (never could figure out his look)

V- 100%

P- 100%

Balon

A- 20%

V- 100%

P- 90%

Arya (<3 Masie)

A- 100%

V- 100%

P- 100%

Stannis

A- 10%

V- 60%

P- 70%

Melisandre

A- 95%

V- 60%

P- 80%

Tyrion

A- 30%

V- 50%

P- 1000%

Why does everyone keep saying Dillane doesn't look like Stannis? to me he looks precisely like I pictured him while reading the books, voice is there too, his personality though is where I think he's failed abit, not in the last episode though he was very good there but before that.

Why does everyone keep saying Dillane doesn't look like Stannis? to me he looks precisely like I pictured him while reading the books,

This is what the thread's about. What we believe. For one, he does not have a wide enough jaw. This is, of course, no hit on the actor but just as a separation in my mind from him. Additionally he is stockier and noticeably older in my mind. To be honest I had a hard time picturing him as a man of action. He seemed to be all talk and little 'do', in my mind.

Jon Snow- he is older ofc, plus the curly hair. It was a bit hard to get used to that but still 80%

Tyrion Lannister- too pretty faced, but everything else is perfect so 95%

Jamie Lannister- even tho i did not imagined him looking like NCW, i still think that he looks just right for the role, and attitude is just right. so 90%

Ned Stark- again older, and he shows his emotions in the series; but that is kind of needed because in the books we get to be inside his head so he can afford to be ice cold on the outside. so 75%

Cersei- better looking in the show, i imagined her more evil looking. 80%

Arya 90%

Joff 90%

Mel 90%

Lommy like 99%

Hot pie- I imagined him skinny so 0%

Lysa Arryn- i imagined her skinny so 90%

Drogo 90%

Jeor Mormont-I imagined him skinny so 30%

Grenn-95%

Pyp 95%

Sam 75%

Hodor- I imagined him ripped, so 20 % for saying 'hodor'.

Stannis- i imagined him with mustache so 75%

Renly;

A-0%

V-20%

P-50%

his looks in the show are way off

I mean he is suppose to have black hair, blue eyes, 6 feet tall I mean he should look like a younger Robert.

yeah and Robert;

A-70%

V-100%

P-100%

I think the only bad thing about job Robert is that he should have been taller

Are you mad? The actor who plays Jon is so gormless and wooden whereas the actress who portrays Catelyn is actually very talented.

Not fully a comment on the acting quality (although it does play a part). It's just a comment on how the characters line up with my perception from reading. For all I know, my perception was wrong. In many cases I look back and realize that the portrayal in the series is better than the one in my mind. I even ended up adopting some of these portrayals when I read the books now.

With Catelyn's personality, I think they are just going a different direction then in the books with her. Not a fault in the acting perhaps.

Just have to add my voice to chorus of those regarding Asha

ZEROS all around. The actress is not good looking at all. Doesn't convey any of the humor or mirth that Asha does in the books. And worst of all her voice is like a patient suffering from depression whos blacked out on xanax.....

Horrible casting. Please fix Martin.

I also say 0s for the guy playing Xaro Xharo. Hes corny IMO. Stannis is okay but I also think they could have done better as far as appearance.

Archived