Crusader King II

I've gotta say the new republic expansion is a perfect fit for GoT as well, is looks like a perfect system for the free cities, can't wait for them to implement that :)

It depends honestly. The ability to spread trade ports is too prolific and there are different types of said republics. Pentos does not govern the same as Myr, etc.

I look toward what the team can do, but for proper republic freeholds to be brought in they may need to customize beyond mod capabilities.

So I got bored between games and did an impulse buy of CK2 on Steam the other night.

I haven't played it and was wondering if I'm able to download the GoT mod and play it without ever playing the stock version. Is there some sort of learning curve that would require the stock version?

So I got bored between games and did an impulse buy of CK2 on Steam the other night.

I haven't played it and was wondering if I'm able to download the GoT mod and play it without ever playing the stock version. Is there some sort of learning curve that would require the stock version?

Well it's basically the same game mechanics just modified a little, but it would be better to play at least tutorial in vanilla and enable hints.

Yeah, its essentially the same thing but with some name changes here & there and different Icons. Since I got CK2 I only ever play GOT mod, but I learnt the basics on a CK2 demo before buying so I sort of had some understanding of what I was doing by time of purchase. Theres some good tutorials on the vanilla game which explain things, you might want to go through them carefully (or even twice to 'get it') so you know whats happening but on knowledge of the books alone you can happily survive the world of Westeros easy enough.

In some ways, it's easier than the vanilla game. Culture and religions have a much lower impact (well, culture have none actually), you can mess up things if you take Rahloo and burn your bannermen.

On the other hand, you can actually lose in less than 10 minutes (no heir, you got send to the NW, boom game over). It made me also rage quite quickly too.

And now there is even several submod to put additional flavors to the mod. Enjoy it.

The Reynes of Castemere now rule the Westerlands. I decided Damon the Red Lion best do away with doddering old Tytos before his son got a bit bigger. Then I had the luck of killing both of them in the first series of battles just outside of Castemere

Well, I'm addicted. I finally got around to playing this game for the 1st time and played for 13 hours straight and my game is still active.

The bad thing was there must be something wrong with my tutorial because I can't get past the 8th or 9th screen, so I think that I'm missing out on some things.

Time to bring on the GoT mod!

I just started playing CK2, and now I have to get this mod just to make it more awesome. Since there is one for Crusader, might there be one for EU3?

not that i know of, and the scenario wouldn't fit EU3 very well, EU3 is about countrys not about characters :/

In all the games I have played so far, I've never seen something like this happen before:

Dagon Greyjoy won his rebellion against the iron throne and got independent, soon after Aerys I. died and Rhaegal Targaryen (who didn't die in a tournament) suceeded, only to die days after his father, his young son Aenar succeeded as king and several lords found that the perfect oportunity to declare themselfes independent and Aenar let them go without a fight :/

If not for the crisis in the riverlands (Tullys died out, Mallisters won the riverlands in a civil war against the Blackwoods) and an infant Stark ruling in Winterfell, I'm sure that both the north and the riverlands would have gone independent as well.

Interesting that the Baratheons decided not to declare themselfes as kings of the stormlands but sweared fealty to Dorne instead :/

http://oi52.tinypic.com/2k3n7o.jpg

Soon after this screenshot the Florents overthrew the Tyrells as kings of the reach, with the help of nearly every house in the reach :P

~ 20 years later: The Martells rule everything except the westerlands and the vale (the dornish prince pressed his mothers claim [Daenarys I] on the iron throne and conquered the iron islands and the reach back), the Lannisters and Arryns somehow manage to stay independent kings, for now...

Meanwhile Brynden Rivers and Shiera Seastar got married, blinded and imprisoned after the Martells took over in kings landing, at least Brynden was allowed to keep his valyrian steel sword :D

http://oi52.tinypic.com/qri77r.jpg

@ drigoly Had something weird kinda like that happen to me. I was playing as Eddard during Roberts Rebellion, at the start of the game I married Benjen and Cersei (I Know CRAZY right) Eddard gets killed in the war while sacking Kings Landing, so Benjen takes over. Benjen and Cersei have 2 kids and then Benjen dies, leaving his son to inherit. At this point Roberts Rebellion ends, as a joint Northern & Stormlands army captured Kings Landing. Lord Tywin and Jamie died in RR, and Tyrion took Jamie's place in the Kingsguard, leaving my mother Cersei ruling in the Westerlands. When she died unexpectedly I inherited the Westerlands and joined them to the Kingdom of the North. Now I'm fighting the Lords of the Westerlands who are rebelling against my rule. We'll see what happens.

I've been trying out new tactics and seeing what works and what gets my character sent to the wall by the King.

Starting from the very beginning I was a humble Lord of Duskendale, and rapidly cheated my way to more provinces with getting spies to fabricate claims to lesser lands, 1 land at a time picking those without leige Lords. Eventually I had a large enough Land that came under the Duskendale Banner, managing to take the best part of the NE Crownlands within 60years. The bad news was that my then Lord (annoyingly with some excellent stats) was arrested by the King. I'm not sure how or why this happened, although the Aegon's Heir was quite the land stealer anyway, and alas my Head of the Family was sent to the Nights Watch and his 12year old son took over. After a rocky start and the hanging threat of his uncle rebelling to sieze the lands, I built up my lands & money and with a stroke of luck, lost all possible rivals to the Highlordship of Duskendale in a rebellion by a splinter of the Targ family whose Dragons fried the lot of them!

The next 30years led to peace, making alliances, wedding daughters to make allies, marrying princes to my sons etc. My wife even had a Dragon Egg! Time crept pass, but the seeds for greater power was planted, and desciding I had to wage war on bigger lands, attacks & conquered the Highlordship of Rosby, adding more power to my army, now at 16k soldiers. Using existing claims, I overthrew the Lord of Dragonstone and seated my wife there whilst using a revolt by the Lord of Darry to sieze Maidenpool.

It was then, that the shit got real. Firstly, my darling wife actually hatched her Egg, Secondly, some claim i might have (legitimatly) had to The Reach was pressed by some rebels, and I found myself mixed up in a war I wasnt really looking for. But he who dares wins Rodders, and low & behold we won! Unifiying the Reach under one banner (mine), and overthrowing a Baratheon overlord to Highgarden, I am arguably the singlemost powerful man in Westeros. Some lords need to be won over somewhat, but that shouldnt be too hard.

The plan, if I can pull it off, is to sieze The Stormlands as theres a claim in there, hopefully passing on to my 1 remaining son that hasnt died in my 60year reign. After that... who knows, but this must be what Littlefinger feels like when it comes together for him & his "greater plan" gets closer.

^ Super cool.

I actually got back into this mod after reading this thread a month or so ago.

I had lots of difficulty with the game play but now that I've gotten the hang of most things, I do a lot better.

Archived