What small thing really annoyed you?

My BF is quite amused by GRRM's fondness of nipple description. I'm don't mind either, it's good to know how the other side sees "us", though I wish he could be equally generous when dealing with the male parts. - But I guess that's really difficult for a male hetero writer

;)

"fat pink mast" was all we got! MOAR

Grease and/or juices running down people's faces when they eat. Enough with it already.

You'd think they'd be more careful of their expensive velvet and satin clothes, especially since there is no dry-cleaning technology that we know of. :)

Another small thing: when Theon returns to Pyke in ACOK, he can't be bothered to make a side-trip to Harlaw to see his mother, who is driven mad with grief over the loss of her sons? You'd think he could take a few days off from fighting with his father and groping his sister to say "Hi, Mom. I'm still alive." (Even though ACOK-era Theon was a major tool.)

Another food related peeve -- all those descriptions of meat "charred black on the outside and red in the middle." That makes sense when a dragon's doing the cooking, but a trained cooked should be able to produce a nice medium rare even using medieval methods of cooking (some of which were actually quite sophisticated).

Every time "wroth" is used as a noun. I don't care if it's technically correct, it just sounds wrong.

And this is more to do with the fandom than anything in the books themselves, but every time somebody criticizes a character for "not being a true Stark" my brain leaks out of my ears a little.

Archived