What small thing really annoyed you?

Freys with Targaryen names. RHAEGAR Frey? Really?

Also the fact that hardly anybody seems to be able to eat without grease or juice or whatever running down their chin. It's not that hard to avoid, right? Do these people want to get even more dirty and smelly than they already are?

Southron. Why does it need to be spelt like this, especially when they are the Northern not Northron Lords in comparison? Sounds like GRRM just wanted to type Sauron to me.

Also, why does Tyrion now belive he killed Joffery? I get why he might say it to people but he thinks it in his head (double kinslayer, or am i missing something here?)

Freys with Targaryen names. RHAEGAR Frey? Really?

I actually got a laugh out of that - I think the image is meant to be incongruous, and I think that the Targaryen names are meant to portray the Freys as a bunch of tawdry social climbers. Why name your kid plain old Robert when Rhaegar will do? (As if looking like a bunch of jumped-up climbers is the worst of the Freys' PR problems.)

I still think that much of the Meereeneese food didn't sound at all tasty. Besides the infamous unborn-puppy-kebabs, "singing squid?" Does it sing when one eats it? How appetizing is that? Maybe it's a foreshadowing of what is going to happen to the brothers Greyjoy who want Dany for a salt wife - becoming Drogon's dinner.

That Theon killed those two poor kids.

Ramsay setting people free just to hunt them down.

Queen Selyse.

Three and ten, two and twenty, one and ninety.

Not knowing what a 'Maester' was when I first started reading..

That Bran's leg will never work again.

Oberyn could be sooOoO careless!!!!!

Lady Stoneheart not listening to Brienne's reasoning.

Southron. Why does it need to be spelt like this, especially when they are the Northern not Northron Lords in comparison? Sounds like GRRM just wanted to type Sauron to me.

Also, why does Tyrion now belive he killed Joffery? I get why he might say it to people but he thinks it in his head (double kinslayer, or am i missing something here?)

It could be that he is owning what he is being called, as he owned "dwarf" the better to be able to survive. No idea why he told Jaime he did it. Maybe a final F you.

That Theon killed those two poor kids.

Ramsay setting people free just to hunt them down.

Queen Selyse.

Three and ten, two and twenty, one and ninety.

Not knowing what a 'Maester' was when I first started reading..

That Bran's leg will never work again.

Oberyn could be sooOoO careless!!!!!

Lady Stoneheart not listening to Brienne's reasoning.

Oberyn being so careless with his little victory move - so stupid - not characteristic and took away one of my favorite characters. Couldnt he just have been sent back to Dorne and hidden away?

It could be that he is owning what he is being called, as he owned "dwarf" the better to be able to survive. No idea why he told Jaime he did it. Maybe a final F you.

Because he counts his mother as well, who died giving birth to him.

Thanks to both of you. The whole mother thing had just gone over my head. And yeah it was just a final F you and owning it. Again... thanks.

Jon Arryn's last words. Couldn't he have said something like "the kids are Jaime's" instead of that "mysterious" the seed is strong?

I'm not sure who else was there, but assuming Maester Pycelle was there (never mind any other Lannister sympathisers) it wouldn't have been sensible to blurt this out.

It wouldn't have been good news for Lysa if Cersei or someone knew that she knew.

Sansa and the Hound's UnKiss really bothers me.

If they don't reconcile in the story again and this never comes up, I don't care what anyone says, I will forever consider it a mistake. A mistake that GRRM keeps mentioning, just to make it seem like the first time he brought it into the story wasn't because he forgot that they didn't actually kiss. Because they didn't. So why keep mentioning it.

Only Martin (and maybe D&D) know if they will reconcile or see each other again. However, I think we can safely assume the unkiss will still be significant. First, after Storm came out, Martin commented on it in an interview. Per GRRM, it will have further significance in future books. And that was plural, yet Sansa has only been in one book since that point (Feast) which implies it will continue to matter. I would also add that Martin confirmed that there is something there between the two of them in an interview earlier this year. Now, what that will turn out to mean, I have no idea. But, the unkiss will get played out I think.

Stannis calling sansa lady lannister. The biggest insult you can ever give to her. randyll tarly saying that brienne should be raped. This one in particular pissed me off big time. Tyrion getting annoyed that Sansa didnt bow him. Like seriously dude you and family humiliate her 100x more and you expect her to be all nice. That is just stupid. I cheer Sansa on for it. You go girl.

Only Martin (and maybe D&D) know if they will reconcile or see each other again. However, I think we can safely assume the unkiss will still be significant. First, after Storm came out, Martin commented on it in an interview. Per GRRM, it will have further significance in future books. And that was plural, yet Sansa has only been in one book since that point (Feast) which implies it will continue to matter. I would also add that Martin confirmed that there is something there between the two of them in an interview earlier this year. Now, what that will turn out to mean, I have no idea. But, the unkiss will get played out I think.

I sure hope so, Kitykatknits!

Jon Arryn's last words. Couldn't he have said something like "the kids are Jaime's" instead of that "mysterious" the seed is strong?

Crackpot

Perhaps he was referring to Jon, Rhaegar's son and the true heir? Or to Tyrion, Aerys' son?

Archived