What small thing really annoyed you?

Yes, it does bother me about all the references to Boiled Leather. Is this something that all students of history know about, from our own Dark Ages? I never heard of it before. And it does bug me about Gendry, not realising that he is Robert's bastard. In an aside on the HBO series, it bothers me when hair colors are not right. Not one Baratheon had BLACK hair....not even Robert! And the Lannisters on the show are not even Blond!! Can't these actors make the sacrifice to look right for their roles? I don't think Gendry's hair is dark enough either.

And my fellow posters, I cannot get this system to accept any pictures that I have tried to upload. Is there a trick to it? Thanks!!

I liked your post because your name is awesome and so is your picture.

Ned being the only person in Westeros (except for Robert) that was outsmarted by dimwit Cersei.

As Queen Cercei I puts it in another thread, Ned and Bob are "Dumb and Dumber".

But if it makes you feel better Tyrion got pwned by Cercei too - though the plot that framed him naturally wasn't conceived by her.

Cersei + Taena annoyed me, as did Dany + Irri. I had a hard time believing in the characters' homosexual experimentations and just saw the scenes as masturbatory fantasies of GRRM.

Dany + Irri felt like GRRM's fantasy. It served nothing to characterization or plot. Cersei + Taena showed one of the biggest sides of Cersei's character: penis envy, and it showed it in a quite literal way.

I hate how all the main female characters in the series are really hot except Brieanne, who's story revolves about her being ugly, and Arya, who many think is turning pretty as she's getting older. Dany, Cersei, Catelyn, Asha, Arianne, Sansa, Margaery, Mel, and Lysa are all hot. Is that really necessary? Couldn't he just make only Dany, Cersei, Sansa, and Margery hot? Those seem to be the only ones in which that serves any purpose. That feels like GRRM's fantasy more than anything.

What really annoys me is Dany. That girl is the the last Targaryen, a wife of one of the greatest khals in history, fireproof, has three dragons, the queen of Meereen, a very beautiful girl, the character with the most prophecies, most likely to be Azor Ahai Reborn, and one of the weakest main POV characters in the series. It's like Harry Potter the Chosen One if Harry Potter was a horny teenager girl.

That, and keeping Balon in Pyke after defeating him in his first rebellion. Robert should've thrown him in the dungeons and put Victarion or another house in charge.

We still have way too many "OMG beautiful" women, especially among POVs. Why does Arya has to be beautiful as well? And Dany is already over-powerful without being "the most beautiful woman on Earth. She could be just pretty and have same effect on everyone by virture of being a last Targ and dragon queen.

Illyrio's lust for Dany. I don't remember the exact quote, but it's essentially, "Dany's so hot that I had to have sex with someone else just to control myself."

It's just so... :ack: especially given Dany's age. I just can't accept the sexualization of very young girls, no matter how many times I try to view everything from a Westerosi perspective.

think about it she is Sansa's age now :bawl: :crying: :stillsick:

Ned being the only person in Westeros (except for Robert) that was outsmarted by dimwit Cersei.

Ned wasn't outsmarted, she only 'beat' him because he had mercy on her and Sansa betrayed him when he was making plans to get her and Arya away, also, Littlefinger did all the work, Cersei was pretty useless.

When Joffrey relieved Barristan Selmy of his Kingsguard duties, Barristan says something along the lines of "I've lived a knight, I'll die a knight", as he's removing his armour and dropping it to the floor. Little Finger replies "A naked knight it would seem". That annoyed me.

That noone wants to marry Willas, despite him probably being one of the nicest noble guys around.

Catelyn following around Robb and lingering with her old dying father instead of going home to her two little boys, who just lost their father, and one of whom was the victim of an assassination attempt and is crippled.

Everytime Dany says "usurper's' dogs". Even after Selmy tells her about Ned trying to protect her.

Catelyn following around Robb and lingering with her old dying father instead of going home to her two little boys, who just lost their father, and one of whom was the victim of an assassination attempt and is crippled.

Ssssh! Saying anything against Cat, judging or criticising her will turn you instantly to a hater, same if you try to think that Jaime is or is not trying to redeem himself

1. Doran's nieces and his daughter - How dare those entitled brats treat him so badly? They are powerful and feared because of him. They owe everything to Doran Martell and yet they treat him like crap. The Sand Snakes even diss the woman that was probably the love of Oberyn's life.I love Oberyn and Doran but I can't stand their daughters, especially the sand snakes. Spoiled rich girls that have been following their father all their lives. Sarella is the exception. Someone should have locked them in the same room as Joffrey and then see who won.

2. The fate of Master Cressen - He loved the Baratheon boys and poor little Shireen. That old man deserved better.
    He was a sweetheart, him and Donal Noye. Honestly, did the Baratheons ever appreciate any of their people?

3. The Iron Born making those women serve naked and the implied fate that awaited them. I detest the Iron Born because of their views on women and their freaking annoying "We do not sow" motto. They are thugs with ships and I hope someone destroys them all except the Reader who seems like a nice gent. The Reader is the Tyrion Lannister of the Iron Islands, minus the dwarfism. What annoyed me about the Shield Islands invasion was not the Ironborn treatment of their captives. This is their culture after all. The women served naked at the suggestion of Falia Flowers, Lord Hewett's bastard daughter, who was neglected by her halfsisters and stepmother. Euron was to give her their clothes and she feared that they would soil them so they had to get undressed. Even the youngest one, who was ten years old and she cried. Victarion didn't approove. And all this was done while Lord Hewett was tied in a chair, a turnip in his mouth. And then his people were sold to slavery. Falia should pay for that.

Ssssh! Saying anything against Cat, judging or criticising her will turn you instantly to a hater, same if you try to think that Jaime is or is not trying to redeem himself

Heh, I'm a noob but I did notice people get pretty intense with their defense of their beloved characters. I don't hate Cat. Just her not going back to Winterfell, especially after she was almost insane with grief after Bran's fall, kept bugging me to the point where I would yell outloud at the book at times.

• Of the Sand Snakes, Obara and Tyene irritate me the most. Tyene mostly 'cause she sounds frickin' creepy, but Obara 'cause she preferred her father to her mother after he slapped her mother's face and made her cry. All because she [Obara's mother] wanted to raise her own daughter. "Tears are a woman's weapon" is something of a theme in these novels, isn't it?
  • "Women don't forgive, women don't forget." Followed by Daenerys agreeing. Oh, OK, GRRM. :rolleyes:
  • Daenerys' OTT brand of beauty: elfin-featured, petite, small-framed, frail, pale skinned, violet eyes (actually, comparable to Ashara's violet eyes), silvery hair, etc. Said to be the most beautiful woman in the world. No man can cross paths with her and resist her, it seems. Really? Most of this has been built into the story (Valyrian features, etc.) but does she need extreme beauty to make her more interesting or compelling or unique? Isn't her backstory and her actual story in ASOIAF enough to make her seem special? It really just feels overdone to me.

GRRM keeps teasing Arya going to the wall, and then ends up taking her somewhere further away. It really annoys me cause i always get my hopes up.

I was really annoyed at how Dance With Dragons had no conclusion whatsoever, as a reader i thought both wars were stretched out too much during the book, and then we end up with no conclusion even at the end of it. Like honestly, Dany's war at Meereen, it won't accomplish anything yet he spread it out for a whole book and still didn't give us a conclusion. Same thing with Stannis/winterfell, if he wins he'll become a contender for the throne again, but its not like he's actually winning the Throne by taking winterfell, no need to stretch it out so much.

and i also get annoyed when he introduces interesting plots and i'm always waiting for them to have some sort of appearance but in the end we still get nothing. Like Cersei was going to send people to assassinate Jon, we got no hint of that in Jon's chapters in book 5.

:agree:

The reforging of Ice and one of the new weapons from it going to Joffrey of all people. :ack:

I think its annoying that it could even be done. I thought the knowledge of how to forge Valyrian steel was lost? I don't see how melting a Valyrian sword down and reforging it would be possible.

Sansa and the Hound's UnKiss really bothers me.

If they don't reconcile in the story again and this never comes up, I don't care what anyone says, I will forever consider it a mistake. A mistake that GRRM keeps mentioning, just to make it seem like the first time he brought it into the story wasn't because he forgot that they didn't actually kiss. Because they didn't. So why keep mentioning it.

Archived