What small thing really annoyed you?

I remember complaining to my friend about all the rape in the book. Seemed like every other page the small folk were getting raped or mudered for no reason.

On a re-read i was bothered about how little it actually bothered me anymore. It's disturbing how desensitized to it I am now, and how quickly it happened.

Realities of warfare. I am glad GRRM avoided the cliche that only bad guys rape, pillage and burn stuff. Everyone does it.

What was so unfair about it?

I don't think he was quite a deserter, so much as someone who was mad with fear and still running from the thing that had frightened him. I get Ned's argument about why you have to execute deserters, I just don't think it's very nuanced, and it doesn't fully accommodate all possible situations, particularly this one.

I see the femi-nazi movement has taken roots in westeros..... :commie:

Seriously, you're concerned with what I think? What is truely inexcusable is the fact that you think I'm not entitled to my opinion because you happen to disagree with it.

Get over yourself.

now pardon me while I try to get back to my happy place......

I let your initial comment slide because it was so many pages back and had already been addressed, but now I've got to say something. Feminazi? How fucking dare you. This has nothing to do with people questioning your right to have an opinion, and everything to do with decent people thinking your opinion is oppressive, sexist, and deeply unhealthy for not only you, but everyone who comes into contact with it. Don't slut-shame Dany because you've got unresolved issues with sexuality and women. And definitely DO NOT get up on your high horse as though a bunch of overly liberal bleeding hearts are giving you grief for nothing. The fact that you called Dany a slut for having sex with someone she's attracted to says a whole lot about you.

When Sansa got denied marrying Willas, I really wanted at least one of the character's to get some solace to a certain extent. Although he wasn't Sansa's dream boy in shining armour, she was picturing herself being able to settle down to a happy life, with a Husband who would listen and be kind.

But no doubt, GRRM has big plans for Sansa in future books

• 1 month later...

Archived