What small thing really annoyed you?

Nipples on a breastplate. Mummer's farce. Where do the whores go. If I look back I am lost.

Especially the first one I can't stand. It's a Batman reference and seems out of place (and it just doesn't get better with repeating).

Actually, in AFFC and ADWD many things seemed overly repetitive and mildly annoying to me, like Cersei's descent into madness and Tyrion's arc. Very slow-paced writing.

There are some sayings that I like a lot, even though we hear them often. Dark wings, dark words. There must always be a Stark in Winterfell. In the game of thrones you win or you die. Winter is coming.

It really annoyed me when Sansa didn't kneel for Tyrion to put his cloak on her during their wedding.

Hah it annoyed me that he got annoyed. She was being forced into this and he takes it personally, like HE is being made a fool of

Maester Lewin's refusing to believe Bran, Rickon and Osha. Robert accepting all of the Lannisters into his court despite not liking them and their ruthless, ambitious reputation.

The maesters are drilled to not accept the supernatural so he sort of has to not believe them or the green dreams. They were supposed to have gotten rid of the dragons after all, and now that they are back, mystery is flourishing. However, acknowledging that these mysteries are to be opposed sort of admits they exist.

It's still not excuseable.

I see the femi-nazi movement has taken roots in westeros..... :commie:

Seriously, you're concerned with what I think? What is truely inexcusable is the fact that you think I'm not entitled to my opinion because you happen to disagree with it.

Get over yourself.

now pardon me while I try to get back to my happy place......

The one little thing (apart form a few sayings, I don't give a damn where whores go they're everywhere dude who cares) I found hugely annoying was reading about Cercei's latest escapades or the NW's encounters with the Others...and then switch over live for a fashion and culinary report brought to you be Dany Stormborn. Eating a fig. Wearing her floppy ears. Daydreaming of captain Bluebeard.

I mean come on Martin, dude. Westeros is imploding and rife with plots and subplots and you cut back to good ol' Dany's orientalist observations. It really is more like an Idiot Abroad episode right in between a Die Hard movie.

The maesters are drilled to not accept the supernatural so he sort of has to not believe them or the green dreams. They were supposed to have gotten rid of the dragons after all, and now that they are back, mystery is flourishing. However, acknowledging that these mysteries are to be opposed sort of admits they exist.

The maesters study the supernatural for their valyrian steel link. Luwin said that the old powers once existed but now they're long gone. I get that Luwin had to be the voice of skepticism but it was just really annoying he dismissed the dreams...

While not a small thing...it's a major underpinning of his character...it annoys the crap out of me that Stannis doesn't get that men will do his bidding out of loyalty or honour but that they would do AMAZING things for him out of love and respect...all this time and he has learned NOTHING from watching Robert or any of the other Noble families who inspire their bannermen and smallfolk.

Gah!!!

It annoyed me that when seizing Tyrion in GoT, Catelyn seemed to get all sorts of folks to support her but the Freys did not actually wind up helping at all. I don't know why it bugs me. Not even to do with the fact that they're Freys because they're just common swords anyway. Seems like they ought to have been won over.

"Make the bad man fly!" Little Lord Robert, in general, everything he ever does or says.

While not a small thing...it's a major underpinning of his character...it annoys the crap out of me that Stannis doesn't get that men will do his bidding out of loyalty or honour but that they would do AMAZING things for him out of love and respect...all this time and he has learned NOTHING from watching Robert or any of the other Noble families who inspire their bannermen and smallfolk.

Gah!!!

Courser,

Stannis is not capable of schmoozing and ass-kissing for political/military gains. It's not possible for him with his personality type and he can't fake being a normal person. Think of Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory or Spock from Star Trek and you'll recognize the personality type. Don't let it annoy you because he can't change what he is!

"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night."

How did Batman find his way into ASOIAF?

Also, it's not the books, but all the needless sex scenes added for the show that didn't really add anything but ratings definitely got on my nerves.

Courser,

Stannis is not capable of schmoozing and ass-kissing for political/military gains. It's not possible for him with his personality type and he can't fake being a normal person. Think of Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory or Spock from Star Trek and you'll recognize the personality type. Don't let it annoy you because he can't change what he is!

Uhhh I thought this was about things that irritate...it irritates me...

the huge dark nipples of certain dornish woman.

The big dark nipples everywhere. Too much information George -- about you, not the characters. (The trouble with writing sex scenes in general is that the writer describes what turns him/her on but which the reader may not find sexy at all.)

Archived