What small thing really annoyed you?

I don't mean big scenes such as the red wedding but just little things that were irritating.

For instance I was really annoyed during the siege of Riverrun, when Ryman Frey turns up to stop Jaime having Edmure beheaded and we see that Ryman has given a camp follower Robb's crown.

Also I got really annoyed when the Freys lied to Wyman Manderly about the red wedding in front of Davos and seemed to convince him.

So what small moments really annoyed you guys?

Where was Tyrion's Chain?

The Peach

The Chain

The Peach

The Chain

The Peach

Sansa didn't kiss The Hound

Ohh the books? Lysa Arryn being killed. It was unncessary also her "Tears of Lys" speech. It was campy.

Ugh, EVERYONE in the books pissed me off when it came to Lollys. It actually was one place where I felt irritated at Martin, because it didn't even seem consistent - there are plenty of times when characters in the book are horrified by rape, but in this situation people treat it like a joke because she's fat and dumb.

Wasn't it mostly Cersei's viewpoints in which this was mentioned?

Little thing that annoyed me:

Posters who say Sansa should have knelt for Tyrion.

It was a Lannister who attempted to kill her little brother

It was a Lannister who demanded the death of a wolf

It was a Lannister who made her a hostage

It was a Lannister who ordered her fathers death

It was a Lannister who killed her fathers banner men

It was a Lannister who defiled her father's great sword ICE

It was a Lannister who ordered her beaten and stripped in front of the whole court

It was a Lannister during the battle of Blackwater who had the executioner there to kill her if Stannis won

It was a Lannister who forced a marriage into his family for her claim

It was a Lannister who forged the RW alliance that killed her brother and mother ( though Sansa may not know this yet )

So why the hell should she bow????

I see a few 2 faces here you all complain that Sansa doesn't do anything and when she actually does something emotionally strong and in the Lannister's face, you feel bad for "poor Tyrion "

If this as real life would you bow down to this man and his family willingly?

If it was RL I bet you gut him or your self before you bow.

It drives me nuts how every time someone eats they're described as having grease, blood, or juice running down their chin.

:agree: Along the same lines, I could do without the over-the-top descriptions of the meals they are eating.

And I've mentioned it before. I am sick of hearing about Dany and her stupid, musty animal skin blanket that reminds her of Drogo. I bet she lays on that when she is screwing Daario, the slut.

Wasn't it mostly Cersei's viewpoints in which this [the contemptuous response to Lolly's rape] was mentioned?

I don't think so - she didn't become a POV until AFFC and Lollys's rape happened in ACOK. I remember most people sort of blowing it off and treating it as sort of a joke.

Little thing that annoyed me:

Posters who say Sansa should have knelt for Tyrion.

It was a Lannister who attempted to kill her little brother

It was a Lannister who demanded the death of a wolf

It was a Lannister who made her a hostage

It was a Lannister who ordered her fathers death

It was a Lannister who killed her fathers banner men

It was a Lannister who defiled her father's great sword ICE

It was a Lannister who ordered her beaten and stripped in front of the whole court

It was a Lannister during the battle of Blackwater who had the executioner there to kill her if Stannis won

It was a Lannister who forced a marriage into his family for her claim

It was a Lannister who forged the RW alliance that killed her brother and mother ( though Sansa may not know this yet )

So why the hell should she bow????

I see a few 2 faces here you all complain that Sansa doesn't do anything and when she actually does something emotionally strong and in the Lannister's face, you feel bad for "poor Tyrion "

If this as real life would you bow down to this man and his family willingly?

If it was RL I bet you gut him or your self before you bow.

She didn't kneel out of principles but illusions - she has always been imagining tall,strong,handsome man who will shield her with wedding cloak. Very weak point for Sansa.

Cersei + Taena annoyed me, as did Dany + Irri. I had a hard time believing in the characters' homosexual experimentations and just saw the scenes as masturbatory fantasies of GRRM.

It was pretty weird but I can't wait for seasons 3-4 to show it

She didn't kneel out of principles but illusions - she has always been imagining tall,strong,handsome man who will shield her with wedding cloak. Very weak point for Sansa.

Oh, yep. Sansa is weak for wanting an attractive partner. But I'm guessing you don't think Tyrion is weak, despite only wanting to be with attractive women?

And I won't even bother responding to the poster who called Dany a slut for having consensual sex whilst she was unmarried.

She refused to kneel because that was the one way she could defy the Lannisters.

And y'know what-most people dream of tall, attractive lovers. Doesn't make one weak. What does make a person weak is the belief that on is entitled to or owed such a partner-and that fault you willfind in Tyrion.

All the small unresolved plot ends that never get addressed from the early books:

- Bran never finds out why he fell from that tower

- Gendry never finds out what his heritage is

- Arya never reunites with Nymeria again (fingers crossed this happens)

- Brienne never gets her revenge on Stannis

- Loras never gets his revenge on Brienne

Loras had his chance for revenge on Brienne, Jaime had him go talk to her one on one and have her tell her side of the story and when she did Loras let it go because it sounded believable. So why would he get his revenge now?

Many of the things in these books that annoy me have already been mentioned, except the fact that men in full plate are described as using sheilds as well, a minor annoyance I know but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

I don't think you are reading the same books as I am, or you don't totally understand inner strength compared to physical strength, or non violent protest to a physical protest which Sansa is in no posistion to use.

Remember she the realistic sister not the super 9 year old ninja.

Oh, yep. Sansa is weak for wanting an attractive partner. But I'm guessing you don't think Tyrion is weak, despite only wanting to be with attractive women?

And I won't even bother responding to the poster who called Dany a slut for having consensual sex whilst she was unmarried.

It was all in jest. Maybe I should have prefaced it by using my "ex-mother-in-law tone"

A "small thing" that annoys me is, in threads like this one, there are always someone who lists a bunch of things in a roll whitout really giving their personal view of each..it's just like "here's a list.

Enjoy".

:laugh:

I don't think you are reading the same books as I am, or you don't totally understand inner strength compared to physical strength, or non violent protest to a physical protest which Sansa is in no posistion to use.

Remember she the realistic sister not the super 9 year old ninja.

I can't provide the the exact quote,since I don't own yet english copies,but I offer translation in which she says when Tyrion tugs her dress and she goes :"No,it wasn't supposed to be like this"= Brides don't kneel,and the groom is tall and will put a cloak on me.Re-read the passage.

I understand the love of character but calling Sansa realistic,at this specific point of story's progress is,for your sake I won't speak in general, serious misinterpretation. Not just that,but a serious misreading that doesn't even require reading between the lines,so just reading.

Ninja sister? Try eating raw pigeon,it may change your perspective on fine lines between the raw and the realistic.

• 2 weeks later...

Penny's animals being abandoned, and Tyrion's reaction to her grief. I'm not super sensitive about animals and I don't even like Penny. But they were pretty much her home. :(

Everyone's disrespect for Doran. Surely the Sand Snakes would've been able to see Oberyn's respect for him.

Althpugh I like the character and understand his story line, I still chafe at the Magic Cripple trope in Bran's storyline. If he goes bad as some have predicted, well, that's even worse.

Daario fondling his sword handles and his gold tooth.

Archived