Littlefinger..for those who finished ASOS

SevenHells!

This is for only those who have finished ASOS as this pertains to whats revealed at the end of this book...

Little ol' Littlefinger. I think it's much more enjoyable and skillful that GRRM had Littlefinger behind the entire conflict that unfolded from the murder of Jon Arryn.

The fact that it was so believable that the Lannisters were behind the killing to hide their ghastly secret only made this baelish shock so much more profound. I can just see Littlefinger whispering into Arryn's ear about King Roberts royal offspring being all blonde of hair and to go out seeking his bastard born....this gave Petyr all the motive he would ever need....especially once he told old poor Ned Stark to search out the bastards as Jon had done...very well done indeed!

What has Petyr Baelish gained?

Played Lysa like a pawn and gained the title as Master Of Coin and seat at the Small Council.

Gained the alliance of High Garden thus gaining Harrenhal through Joffery's gift.

Gained the Vale via marriage/murder of Lysa.

What a sly sly Villain we have here....Varys was wise to fear this one!

And this for not being able to earn Cat's love or hand.

Hmmm...I think he's moved on from Catelyn (who is now dead) to her daughter. Of course, I don't believe that he truly loved Catelyn. He

let her die at the Red Wedding and he doesn't appear to be mourning her death

. I fear for Sansa. Once she outright rejects his blatant advances, I don't know what he would do to her: rape her? Imprison her?

Hmmm...I think he's moved on from Catelyn (who is now dead) to her daughter. Of course, I don't believe that he truly loved Catelyn. He

let her die at the Red Wedding and he doesn't appear to be mourning her death

. I fear for Sansa. Once she outright rejects his blatant advances, I don't know what he would do to her: rape her? Imprison her?

I can't see LF doing that to Sansa. Rather he would manipulate her with his deception therefore, she becomes part of his game. I hope that she can see through that.

I just finished Affc. You'll see what he plans to do with sansa :) He's really good at securing power and avoiding bloodshed directly relating him to it.

Littlefinger is the best at playing this game :)

Thanks for that, now I'm motivated to start A Feast for Crows. I shall be losing some sleep for a while...

oh my ! the things he does in sansa's final chapter.. what a vile human being. i guess we can now expect anything from him

and i'm also not sold on the fact that joffrey was the one to hire a murderer for bran in aGoT. i tottaly see LF behind it . because first of all he lied to cat about the dagger being tyrion's

i'm looking forward to sansa's chapters in FFC , but too bad i have to wait for my exams to be over before i start reading the book..

I just finished Affc. You'll see what he plans to do with sansa :) He's really good at securing power and avoiding bloodshed directly relating him to it.

that was one of the biggest oh shit moments for me. the whole book i was thinking she was stuck in the vale, possibly to marry rob. i dont think his plan will actually happen, i just really liked what he was planning.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just finished re-reading ASoS--because the first time I read the series, I was caught up in trying to understand the bigger events taking place. However, I wonder whether Littlefinger is trying to pull an Enron on Westeros--Tyrion spends most of his time as Master of Coin trying to puzzle through his accounts. I wonder if that is what will be the end of Lord Baelish--a little like Al Capone not paying his income tax.

Secondly, when I read the description of his holdfast, I wondered why a man who is apparently doing so well cannot hire a half-way decent steward to take care of his own lands. Granted, his little holdfast on the least of the Fingers is no Winterfell, Eyrie or Riverrun, but he seriously has issues with self-respect if he cannot keep his house in better order.

I also think that Littlefinger's actions Master of Coin are going to have reverberating effects. I definitely had not suspected him being the one who put the events of the series into motion.

I also don't think that Littlefinger will coerce Sansa by force, but will definitely try to manipulate her. I find all of his actions towards Sansa creepy for lack of a better term. I think that his feelings towards her might be the one area where he might make a misstep.

LF and maybe Varys are the best in playing the game.

Archived