[BOOK SPOILERS] Cartoonish visual details: Mord's gold teeth; Daario's purple beard; crazy Ghiscari hair

Khal Pono

I would also add the lack of Dothraki braid-bells to Khal Pono's original list (with that name, and you forget this :P?).

I think they should try to show Bloodraven's throne as close to the description in the books as posible, it is important and also beautiful and grotesque at the same time. Also Beric's wounds, especially if they are going to recast the actor, to make a little likelier to believe that his is still the same guy as in the first season.

Other Essosi stuff can be toned down pretty much, as it already was, I think.

I think they will keep this, filmmakers like to make it easy for us to know who to root for,

I disagree wholly with this. Not the concept itself, mind, but remember how they changed Daxos from effeminate to a stern man? It didn't really matter to me - he was a boring character anyways - but in a world full of dragons and Khal Drogos they're not going to have prissy looking antagonists. It would, in their minds, undermine the threat.

I'm very surprised they didn't put in the quarth dressess. with the amount of sex and nudity already in the series it wouldn't have made much difference.

Apparently they did not want to mess up with the "important" scenes ... ;)

I would think at least partly the reason was that it is probably harder to find actersses that would be willing to do that.

I think the hair will be colored but probably not styled.

I'd really like to see Beric full on but I think we'll see a bunch of stitches or glimpses

I think Gwendoline Christie looks fine as Brienne, just as she is.

Jaime dreams of her as a woman ("a woman's shape", "almost a beauty"). Everyone who meets her on the road knows instantly she's a woman, at one point she puts on the helm just to throw them off.

I read the bathhouse scene again, and she's never described badly, unless small boobs and muscles on a woman are so bad. While Jaime is noticing that, he's also noticing that she's naked about six times. In between getting an erection and saying "kiss me". Then when she puts on the dress, he looks her over again.

For someone who thinks she's not worth looking at, he sure looks at her a lot. Why not just settle it at that, and not look at her any more than he looks at a guy. Just look her in the eye. Oh, but he thinks her eyes are "pretty" and "astonishing".

I think Gwendolyn Christie looks fine as Brienne, just as she is.

Jaime dreams of her as a woman (a woman's shape, almost a beauty). Everyone who meets her on the road knows instantly she's a woman, at one point she puts on the helm just to throw them off.

I read the bathhouse scene again, and she's never described badly, unless small boobs and muscles on a woman are so bad. While Jaime is noticing that, he's also noticing that she's naked about six times. In between getting an erection and saying kiss me. Then when she puts on the dress, he looks her over again.

For someone who thinks she's not worth looking at, he sure looks at her a lot. Why not just settle it at that, and not look at her any more than he looks at a guy. Just look her in the eye. Oh, but he thinks her eyes are pretty and astonishing.

She's supposed to be Gregor with teats.

Oh, but in-show Gregor is tiny. Show!Brienne is taller and stronger, even.

Words cannot ascertain my frustration with the show when Show!Illyrio Mopatis was chubby, instead of being VASTLY OBESE, with the big flopping mantitties GRRM described.

I hope they go all the way with Beric, too. I want there to be a closeup shot of Beric's still-beating heart, visible through his wounds, and the shifting muscle, and the white bone, and blood vessels. I want him to look as grotesque as possible to drive home the fact that being raised from the dead isn't fun, laughs, and sparkles in the sunlight.

I highly suspect the reason they didn't cast a really fat Illyrio is because they're going to need this guy back in 2-3 seasons to film a few scenes. Morbidly obese people tend to have massive health problems and tire easily, which could make filming an individual cost significantly more than it would someone skinnier. Additionally, there's the risk of a morbidly-obese actor dying before the role is up, almost as much as for older actors. Why do you think Walder Frey isn't 94 on the show?

She's supposed to be Gregor with teats.

Oh, but in-show Gregor is tiny. Show!Brienne is taller and stronger, even.

LOL. Gregor is not "tiny" in the show. Ian Whyte is 7+ feet. But he's definitely too slender.

Conan Stevens' phsyique and facial expressions, of course, were much closer to the descriptions of Gregor in the book. Like everyone else, I hope they bring him back or Season 3 and/or 4.

Let Ian Whyte play "Robert Strong" :-D

LOL. Gregor is not "tiny" in the show. Ian Whyte is 7+ feet. But he's definitely too slender.

Conan Stevens' phsyique and facial expressions, of course, were much closer to the descriptions of Gregor in the book. Like everyone else, I hope they bring him back or Season 3 and/or 4.

Let Ian Whyte play "Robert Strong" :-D

I guess that's why Show!Gregor earned the name 'The Beanpole That Rides' from fans on here. Sandor is actually pretty large enough to suit his book counterpart.

In my visualizations of Brienne and Gregor, when they take off their armor, they've basically got muscles like transatlantic cables bulging beneath their flesh. Check out the massively impractical bodybuilding championships to see what I mean. Yes, I KNOW bodybuilders are shit at fighting and that extra muscle mass does not a great fighter make. I find musculature of this type to be incredibly aesthetically appealing, though. It emphasizes the power and mechanical effort of the human body.

I disagree wholly with this. Not the concept itself, mind, but remember how they changed Daxos from effeminate to a stern man? It didn't really matter to me - he was a boring character anyways - but in a world full of dragons and Khal Drogos they're not going to have prissy looking antagonists. It would, in their minds, undermine the threat.

See I thought Daxos was rather effeminate? And while I agree about 'prissy' I still think there is plenty of room for flamboyance? We shall see soon enough I guess!

I'm curious to see those effing tokars Dany won't shut up about, I hope they include them.

I also wonder about Astapor, Yunkaii and Mereen's protrayals. Since the Qarth disappointment(To me at least) I hope they make cool pyramids.

I'm curious to see those effing tokars Dany won't shut up about, I hope they include them.

I also wonder about Astapor, Yunkaii and Mereen's protrayals. Since the Qarth disappointment(To me at least) I hope they make cool pyramids.

Concerning the tokars, I think they will do them, even if not exactly as dsecribed in the book. The costume designers will probably base them somewhat on the Indian sari, which any Indian gal will tell you is virtually impossible to don and wear if you are not used to it.

The pyramids and harpy statues can probably be done by models + CGI, but I hope they look convincing!

Concerning the tokars, I think they will do them, even if not exactly as dsecribed in the book. The costume designers will probably base them somewhat on the Indian sari, which any Indian gal will tell you is virtually impossible to don and wear if you are not used to it.

The pyramids and harpy statues can probably be done by models + CGI, but I hope they look convincing!

Well...I remember when Japanese people would tell me that using chopsticks is near impossible for foreigners, but I can use those bad boys while drunk and high, and shovel down like three plates of sushi. Argh, cravings for salmon now. It's like butter on rice. Melts in your mouth.

Well...I remember when Japanese people would tell me that using chopsticks is near impossible for foreigners, but I can use those bad boys while drunk and high, and shovel down like three plates of sushi. Argh, cravings for salmon now. It's like butter on rice. Melts in your mouth.

I'd say the sari is a way harder challenge than the chopsticks. I've been to India and even seen Indian women struggle with them.

Archived