Maggy the Frog, theory about her prophecy

leo0274

Cersei:"When will I wed the prince?"

Maggy:"Never. You will wed the king."

Cersei:"I will be queen, though?"

Maggy:"Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear."

Who is that "younger and more beautiful" queen?

I thinks it's Daenerys, I think she will become the queen of the seven kingdoms, and she will discover tha Jon Snow is Rhaegar' son, and will make him the lord of the north.

Cersei:"Will the king and I have children?"

Maggy:"Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you."

Maggy:"Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds," she said. "And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

Who is the valonqar?

I was thinking about being Jon Snow, but now I think it will be Tyrion, she always hated him, and after reading storm of swords, she hates him more.

what do you think about my theories? do you have your own?

The popular opinion on this board is that Jaime is the valonqar. But, I've heard theories suggesting it will be Sandor and Arya too. I think it is Jaime.

There is debate about the younger queen. The most common guesses are Sansa, Dany, and Marg.

Cersei seems to me to believe that Marg Tyrell and Tyrion fulfill the prophecy.

Based on that alone I expect it will be Dany and Jaime.

Exactly. If the prophecy is fulfilled as Cersei expects it to be I'd find it to be a weak plot point.

I don't think its Tyrion. Its too obvious.

Since

valonqar means "little brother"

I think it's going to be either Jon, Bran or Rickon.

I think Bran is going to warg into Ser Strong and choke the life out of her.

Would Jaime be considered a little brother?

I think GRRM has planted 2 red herrings here. One for Cersei, who thinks it's Margaery and Tyrion, and one for the readers, who think it's Dany and Jaime. The two characters to actually fufill the prophecy will be those who no one really expects.

My bets are on Sansa and Sandor, but like I said, I could be wrong and these characters could come completely out of left field.

Though I'd love if it really was Jaime.

I read a thread about it being Stannis, and I laughed my ass off, and was like, "What? You crazy." Then I read ADWD and found this stuff in Asha's POV: She tells Stannis to make her his friend and says Robert was known for making fallen foes his friends. He blows her off. Justin Massey is like, "Bad idea. Never speak to him of Robert."

Then this stuff:

I should have known better. Asha knew how it went with little brothers. She remembered Theon a sa boy, a shy child who lived in awe, and fear, of Rodrik and Maron. They never grow out of it, she decided. A little brother may live to be a hundred, but he will always be a little brother."

Stannis is the valonqar, I am SOLD. That dialogue just sticks out like a sore thumb. It is so gratuitous. Either it's foreshadowing, or GRRM trolling the reader just for laughs.

Stannis is the valonqar, I am SOLD. That dialogue just sticks out like a sore thumb. It is so gratuitous. Either it's foreshadowing, or GRRM trolling the reader just for laughs.

Actually that makes sense. Maggy mentions Robert only seconds before bringing up the valonqar. Cersei only thinks she meant her valonqar.

Cersei:"When will I wed the prince?"

Maggy:"Never. You will wed the king."

Cersei:"I will be queen, though?"

Maggy:"Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear."

Who is that "younger and more beautiful" queen?

I thinks it's Daenerys, I think she will become the queen of the seven kingdoms, and she will discover tha Jon Snow is Rhaegar' son, and will make him the lord of the north.

Cersei:"Will the king and I have children?"

Maggy:"Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you."

Maggy:"Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds," she said. "And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

Who is the valonqar?

I was thinking about being Jon Snow, but now I think it will be Tyrion, she always hated him, and after reading storm of swords, she hates him more.

what do you think about my theories? do you have your own?

Yeah she has more than one little brother. And it might be someone else's little brother. Or maybe a little Brother. Someone brought her the head of one.

The queen that replaces her, she thinks it is Margaery, and maybe it is. I dont trust GRRM though. There are way too many candidates. Even Renly except he died. Maybe Loras <G>

I am amused that after somewhat careful accounting by me, there appear to be 8 Robert bastards rattling around somewhere

It could be Stannis, based on Asha's dialogue.

Also, not that it's canon, but the HBO directors have shown poor discretion, and perhaps Stannis choking Melisandre is foreshadowing him "wrapping his hands about her pale white throat." They do, after all, know the ending.

It could be Stannis, based on Asha's dialogue.

Also, not that it's canon, but the HBO directors have shown poor discretion, and perhaps Stannis choking Melisandre is foreshadowing him "wrapping his hands about her pale white throat." They do, after all, know the ending.

I was thinking about that too, but it's so hard to parse out the whole tv/book thing.

I was thinking about that too, but it's so hard to parse out the whole tv/book thing.

My biggest fear is that it implies Stannis "winning," which I don't want to happen. I do want him to live and continue on the Baratheon name, though.

My favourite candidate for the valonqar is Sandor Clegane. He appears in Cersei's trial as the Faith's champion, and kills/rekills UnGregor, thus dooming Cersei's life.

Archived