Maggy the Frog, theory about her prophecy

leo0274

I think the queen is Sansa, and the valonqar is either Arya or Tyrion.

Also if you take it as it's just "another will come along, younger and more beautiful", not specifically a queen, it could mean Lyanna, she took Rhaegar and Robert and she is younger and considered beautiful.

I've come around to thinking the queen in the prophecy refers to Jeyne Westerling given how Cersei Lannister goes unmentioned in the prophecies at the House of the Undying.

Love this:

Ok, Cersei spends most of the series trying to utterly destroy House Stark. She thinks they are out of the way somewhat. She is the type like LF that pride themselves and pat themselves on the back that they are smarter than everyone else and have crossed all their 't's and dotted all their 'i's.

After all she went through, if Robb Stark has a baby, it would kill her. Actually, it would mess up LF's plans too.

And then the ultimate Hydra....Cersei finds out that Arya, Sansa, Bran, and Rickon are alive.

Benjen would ok too. His disappearance and constant mentions in the book have to build somewhere. He is a Stark which would piss off Cersei. But I don't think there is enough Cersei-hatred tension with Benjen to make it worthwhile in a literary sense. Unless, the writer can build that Benjen is very pissed at what Cersei and the Lannisters did to his House, brother Ned, and nieces/nephews.

If Ben was involved in knowing or aided Lyanna, this would make ammends to House Stark if he felt guilt about not stopping Lyanna, but that theory would have to work too.

A lot would have to be explained or happen though.

Not sure how I feel about this.

The deatb by choacking means that that the person who kills cersei really hates her, or under a huge mental distress.

Staniss does not have a reason to choke her. He would her executed.

Altough sandor and arya have a reason to kill her, i dont see then doing thath by choke.They would just pierce her with a sword.

Sansa could kill cersei, even choking. However, dont know if she is strong enough for that. I think its more likely she arrenges some scheme to kill cersei. However, i see sansa as a good chareter, whose role is to endure tons of pain and suffering and, even so, keep doing the right choise. I dont see her killing anyone, for her good.

Killing by choke is more likely for tyrion (who killed shae this way) or maybe jaime, but he has only one hand, Even so he could manage, that, i think

Still think that strangle means back her into a corner and destroy her and everything she has worked for. She will have nowhere to go or flee. She will be done/finished with no hope or prospects of weaseling out nor escaping her demise.

I think the prophecy states that the valonqar is the end. Her end in the game of thrones and her personally for good.

Cersei has had obstacles and always manages to bounce back. The valonqar is finality.

Why all this muling about Sansa? It would take GRRM to twist himself into a pretzel to get her to be "the younger queen". Say Tommen kicks. Who is now king...Stannis (Robert's sons then Robert's brother) Say Stannis kicks. We now have a dead girl Queen Shireen. Shireen kicks. The Baratheon line is now defunct. Trace back ancestry guess what we are back to Targaryen's. Whose throne is it now.... Aegon's. Oh gee he is single he can marry Sansa. Wait, wait there's a problem here particularly if Dany is coming to Westros with ah hah Sansa's husband Tyrion. So now Tyrion has to be kicked. That being the case he isn't the valonator. We still have Jamie tromping about the Trident with Brienne for how long who knows (that's another subplot). Just figured out who the valonator is Garlan the Gallant (Willas little brother) in retribution for all the insult his Cersie has heaped on his younger siblings Margery & Loras

Oh yes the younger more beautiful Queen.... Lady Nymeria.

Mystery solved.

Sansa could wind up with Gendry or maybe even Edric Storm, and this would continue the Baratheon line.not sure how it would happen and would have to involve a Great Council convening and legitimizing either bastard. just a way she could be queen.

Dany being the younger and beautiful queen is quite unfair if you ask me. She already is - along with Jon Snow - quite the major character of the series. She has many story lines involving her, plus Dany has a couple of prophecies about her. Why isn't it possible for someone else to be the younger queen then Dany. There are also other characters. I really don't think GRRM would take all that time with Sansa - who has been an important character since AGOT - to show some qualities that would make her capable ruler as player if it wasn't meant for her to use those assets. Plus Sansa has quite a lot of foreshadows in the novels to be the younger queen. Cersei seeing her in the crowd during her shame walk, Sansa's very vague dream in AGOT near the Iron Throne and wears a golden dress and every one bows to her - this is a direct voil to Cersei's dream in on the Iron Throne naked and mocked, Sansa taking over Cersei's duties during the BWB battle, and nor is the narrative parallel's between Sansa and Cersei a coincidence.

And unlike Dany, she actually has a foreshadow in HBO tv-show. Why on earth would GRRM - who wrote that specific episode - make Shae state that Cersei could be jealous of Sansa if it isn't meant to be foreshadow.

And while I have been a bit skeptical about it Stannis being the valonqar is quite possibility. He was Cersei's little brother through marriage. And him strangling Melisandre in HBO tv-show could be also a foreshadow. The idea of Jaime does appeal me, but honestly how will he do so when he only has one hand :dunno: ?

I agree, Dany has no personal connection with Cersei, having her a the younger queen would be silly. A person like Sansa, Margaery or Myrcella are much better options from a storytelling perspective

Also i have a theory that in the end there wont be an iron throne anymore and all 7 kingdoms will break and each place will have its own king/queen. If that happens we dont even need a "young queen" that has to take Cersei's place, she could be just one of the new queens that will be responsible for her death (my bet is Sansa as queen of Vale+Riverlands).

I have a hard time believing that Sansa is going to let Sweet Robin be murdered or that she will marry Aegon of all people, so I automatically dismiss her as a possibility. She is also someone Cersei has considered, which, at least in my mind, rules her out as well.

I am close to certain that both the valonqar and the "younger queen" will be people that Cersei does not expect.

I have a hard time believing that Sansa is going to let Sweet Robin be murdered or that she will marry Aegon of all people, so I automatically dismiss her as a possibility. She is also someone Cersei has considered, which, at least in my mind, rules her out as well.

I am close to certain that both the valonqar and the "younger queen" will be people that Cersei does not expect.

Cersei dosent really think about Sansa being the YQ, she was obsessed with Margaery. Sansa is my bet (also, if it was Myrcella it would be cool as well)

Dany and Jaime. I think Margery is red herring and I think Jaime final salvation will be killing Cersei at a critical moment either involving KL or Brienne.

How can Jaime wrap his hands around Cersei's throat?

I've come around to thinking the queen in the prophecy refers to Jeyne Westerling given how Cersei Lannister goes unmentioned in the prophecies at the House of the Undying.

Maybe Cersei is the image of the woman being devoured by dwarfs. It would be a fitting end for her (even tho i wouldnt want any dwarf in the position where they needed to eat cersei's corpse) after all she did to them in FFC.

Cersei dosent really think about Sansa being the YQ . . .

Really? You think it never crossed her mind the entire time Sansa was at King's Landing and in the immediate aftermath of Joffrey's death?

Maybe Cersei is the image of the woman being devoured by dwarfs. It would be a fitting end for her (even tho i wouldnt want any dwarf in the position where they needed to eat cersei's corpse) after all she did to them in FFC.

That image almost certainly alludes to the four kings (i.e., Robb, Joffrey, Stannis and Balon) ravaging Westeros with the kings represented as dwarfs and Westeros represented as the naked woman.

Archived