Maggy the Frog, theory about her prophecy

leo0274

Every once in awhile, I amuse myself with the idea that the younger, more beautiful thing refers to Brienne. She's younger, and people have called her "Brienne the Beauty," although obviously ironically, and she is definitely taking away the one thing Cercei holds most dear (Jaime). I would even say she is a large part of why Jaime burns Cercei's letter, and she is certainly the reason he is now absent in the Riverlands, meaning that he is not around to help "save" Cercei from the trouble she has gotten herself into. But it would be sort of like an ironic joke on GRRM's part, and I don't know if he'd be quite that silly with such a major part of the book.

I love this idea, and most people would never see it coming. They (like myself) would be so districted by all the young women/girls described as 'beautiful' in the books that we wouldn't think to consider Brienne. And she already fits better than many of the others.

For the actual topic, I think people are being overly certain that GRRM never, ever will use an obvious conclusion. You hear it all the time on the forums, "no, GRRM wouldn't do that because it's obvious". Well, if GRRM would really never do what was obvious then his books wouldn't make sense

When a story line is fulfilled we see in retrospect that no matter what we thought would happen the actual story line makes sense. We arent surprised with facts that we didnt have ahead of time. (that's cheating!) It is done very well, which is why it is so much fun. I read "Presumed Innocent" and it was obvious who the killer was at least 100 pages before the reveal - it couldnt be anyone else without a whole new character popping in out of nowhere. GRRM does neither of these things - make it TOO obvious or make it a giveaway. So some theories are pretty clearly true as we think on them together and separately and some we just dont have enough facts yet but we dont expect anything out of left field. We expect a satisfying (logically anyway) answer - Ned dying was shocking but not illogical

Well, to be fair to Cersei, Loras set himself up. What else could he have done? Gone to Dragonstone tell Redwyne that Cersei can go fuk herself and sail off to defend their homeland. What could Cersei done about it? Brood.

If you think Loras is actually injured I have a gold mine in Saltpans to sell you

Ok mad props to Jolene Brown, never ever thought Brienne the Beauty, and I think that I got started thinking about Stannis from you too.

While I will have to rethink Bri t B, I will still go with its Dany. While Robert was both worried about Dany and keeping up with her, If Cersei ever gave Dany a thought I have forgottten. Even with talk of dragons in the east she doesn't even care. Not even a question in her mind. She thinks about Marg, and even thought we did not have as a her POV when Sansa still in KL looking back you know that Cersei was thinking about it. When(if) Dany goes to Westeros Cersei isn't gonna have clue.

Stannis is The little brother! He is Robert's who she hated the most. He is her little brother from the marriage. While Tyrion is too easy( that is whom she always thought it be) and Jaime would be great, it would undo all the redeamming thing that Jaime is doing. I also don't think they will die together. They may both die, but it will be miles apart and at different times. it has to be Stannis. Which means that either Stannis will head south, or that when Dany comes, she will trying running away and runs into him.

If you think Loras is actually injured I have a gold mine in Saltpans to sell you

Interestingly in ADWD Septon Scolera is about to tell Cersei something about Loras, Septon Unella cuts her off before she can finish.

Interestingly in ADWD Septon Scolera is about to tell Cersei something about Loras, Septon Unella cuts her off before she can finish.

YES that was my first clue that Cersei may not be getting good info from the guy from Driftmark.

You know what's weird - I just re-read parts of A Clash of Kings, and Catelyn says that she would love to go to King's Landing and wrap her hands around Cercei's pale throat and choke her until it turns black. Now, I do NOT think Lady Stoneheart makes any sense as the valonquar, but I was really surprised by that quote.

YES that was my first clue that Cersei may not be getting good info from the guy from Driftmark.

Never thought about this angle... In this case, are Margaery and the rest of the Tyrells aware of his true state? If so, then why didn't Margaery request trial by combat? (Maybe she will do this later, but I'm not sure one can change the type of trial one requests just before it's supposed to take place...) Is she trying to throw everybody off for some reason? Argh, so many questions!

Never thought about this angle... In this case, are Margaery and the rest of the Tyrells aware of his true state? If so, then why didn't Margaery request trial by combat? (Maybe she will do this later, but I'm not sure one can change the type of trial one requests just before it's supposed to take place...) Is she trying to throw everybody off for some reason? Argh, so many questions!

Supposedly Margery would have to pick from the KG and at the time of choice of trial there was only Boros was available as a champion. Not really good odds eh.

If Margery had her choice of anyone to be champion, if she chose combat, why wouldn't be Garlan? Even Loras admits paraphasing here "If the truth be known Garlan is better with a sword than I"

Want to know another queen? Jeyne Westerling. Want to know another valonqar? Aegon VI.

We all know GRRM guys.

You only have 10 post so if you have not seen it yet, a lot think Jeyne W Stark is with child. There are couple of threads about that.

As for Aegon VI, if you mean Young Griff 90% or more think he is fake. There are a ton of theards about that. If you have somebody eles as VI start a thread.

How can Jamie choke Cerseri ???? FFS he has only 1 hand ....

Bahahaha!!!

Jaime would be a beautiful solution to this question but it's just too simple...

Cersei has already been cast down. She walked the streets naked and now she's being sent back to Casterly Rock. Her reign is over. Not because Margaery planned it, but because her own plans to ruin Margaery failed.

Tommen is wrapped around Margaerys finger and her grandmother murdered Joff. The Tryells are slowly taking over as the main political power in KL.

"Gold shall be their crowns and Gold their shrouds." - So far, all of the Baratheon/Lannister children and been crowned as King or Queen. The Lannister family is protected by their money - a golden shroud.....and American Dad is on so I've lost my train of thought completely. The point is, I think most of this prophecy has already been fulfilled, aside from the valonqar part.

With Kevan past and gone Cersei's return to the Rock is less than certain and should her trial by combat go well she'll be back on top of her game. The question is " Is her game enough"? What with the Iron Bank, The Church, The Tyrells, Aegon/Connington, the iminent apearence of the Doran's/Sand Snakes (Nym & Tyene) and the dearth of allies on her part I don't think so.

You only have 10 post so if you have not seen it yet, a lot think Jeyne W Stark is with child. There are couple of threads about that.

As for Aegon VI, if you mean Young Griff 90% or more think he is fake. There are a ton of theards about that. If you have somebody eles as VI start a thread.

I'm new to these forums, yes, but I've read all 5 books ser, and with all these speculations I believe GRRM will deliver us to the most far-fetched and least suspicious of the circumstances. Jeyne Westerling was Queen of the North, and Young Griff could be valonqar give or take a few twists and turns.

Two days later and I am still loving the Brienne theory. She is the only one that potentially has or is on the road to replacing Cersei in Jaime's esteem, love, affections, whatever. She is the sole heir of her father. And it would be iron the with Jaime and the prophecy Cersei would expect physically beautiful, but though most only give Brienne "the Beauty" nickname because the think the opposite, there is no denything that Brienne is a beautiful person on the inside.

Also, as far as figures of speech, usually when people refer to gaining a new love interest they say something like.."an another will come along."

A strech but this would destroy and really blindside Cersei. It is apparent that is focus is more on Brienne nowadays. Cersei is being replaced by her and isn't aware of it. Really, Brienne was the catalyst in many ways regarding Jaime's turnaround and may continued to be too.

Bahahaha!!!

Jaime would be a beautiful solution to this question but it's just too simple...

Cersei has already been cast down. She walked the streets naked and now she's being sent back to Casterly Rock. Her reign is over. Not because Margaery planned it, but because her own plans to ruin Margaery failed.

Tommen is wrapped around Margaerys finger and her grandmother murdered Joff. The Tryells are slowly taking over as the main political power in KL.

"Gold shall be their crowns and Gold their shrouds." - So far, all of the Baratheon/Lannister children and been crowned as King or Queen. The Lannister family is protected by their money - a golden shroud.....and American Dad is on so I've lost my train of thought completely. The point is, I think most of this prophecy has already been fulfilled, aside from the valonqar part.

Shrouds are for dead people

Supposedly Margery would have to pick from the KG and at the time of choice of trial there was only Boros was available as a champion. Not really good odds eh.

If Margery had her choice of anyone to be champion, if she chose combat, why wouldn't be Garlan? Even Loras admits paraphasing here "If the truth be known Garlan is better with a sword than I"

She doesnt have to choose KG, I dont think bc she isnt actually queen (bc Tommen isnt actually king). Anyway, Loras is around and if not she COULD cut off Cersei by picking Robert Strong (a la Tyrion wanting to pick Gregor)

Archived