Possible 'same-sexlove' in WoW/DoS?

SkyBry

Curious because GRRM never explicitly wrote about the Renly/Loras affaire but the hints where there.

but the Cersei and new bff (forgot her name, damn) in DwD was written, as always quite explicitly.

Do you guys think there will be a new bromance/womance? And if so, will this be a positive development?

Just curious

ps. I for one would not be surprised at all if Arya turned out to be....

Curious because GRRM never explicitly wrote about the Renly/Loras affaire but the hints where there.

but the Cersei and new bff (forgot her name, damn) in DwD was written, as always quite explicitly.

Do you guys think there will be a new bromance/womance? And if so, will this be a positive development?

Just curious

ps. I for one would not be surprised at all if Arya turned out to be....

Because she's a tomboy? Really?

Just in my defense (dont want people to think im this narrowminded hillbilly)

Arya is one of my favourite characters. So it would be really great if there would be a gay hero/heroin. considering i am gay myself.

you rarely see such 'examples'. That's why i was pretty happy with Renly+Loras and than ofcourse GRRM had to kill Renly...

Maybe some won't really understand but if something like that would happen (main character being/becoming gay), I would consider it an honor.

So that's why i would like it. Definetly not because of sexism!

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if we get more sex scenes of any kind in the next books, I hope not because that's not Martin strong point, but we will probably get some.

Regarding Arya: she is still very young (she is what, 11 in DwD?) and has no thoughts about romance or anything like that, so we can't judge (and I really don't want to talk about the possible sexual orientation of an 11 year old girl, thankfully that still is not important on her storyline, I hope it stays that way for a while)

Just in my defense (dont want people to think im this narrowminded hillbilly)

Arya is one of my favourite characters. So it would be really great if there would be a gay hero/heroin. considering i am gay myself.

you rarely see such 'examples'. That's why i was pretty happy with Renly+Loras and than ofcourse GRRM had to kill Renly...

Maybe some won't really understand but if something like that would happen (main character being/becoming gay), I would consider it an honor.

So that's why i would like it. Definetly not because of sexism!

It would've been really cool if we could have had a queer PoV before. Dance. JonC was a disappointment to say the least.

Arya's just old enough to start thinking about these things isn't she? It would be interesting if she if she preferred women.

It's rather an offensive stereotype.

I don't understand?

ETA: Eesh, sorry, I get it now.

I don't see why. Seems to me you're reading more into it than the OP originally intended to. And he just posted his reasons, which tbh are far from the "tomboys = gay characters" that you hinted.

That doesn't mean every.little.thing. has to be made into a stupid argument. I think we've all seen enough of those in this forum to last a lifetime. Do we REALLY need another argument?

I asked SkyBry what s/he meant as the sentence seemed to have negative connotations.

S/he explained and I apologised-no argument, see?

I asked SkyBry what s/he meant as the sentence seemed to have negative connotations.

S/he explained and I apologised-no argument, see?

s/he is a he..

Don't really think i look like a woman on my photo

But you're right... no argument now..

BUT! what am i reading on JonC? this would be typical me, missing out on a gay storyline

anyone got some more backgrounf info on him (and R?)

R can't be gay right... R+L=J?

Archived