Lightbringer = 4th Knife?

mchaza

I have a theory that come the first jon or mel/night watch chapter in WoW right after Jon death, when they pull the 4th knife out of jon, which is probably a sword, which pieced his heart. Will be LightBringer. Because the original lightbringer was made by stabbing his wife in the heart, so the sword stabbing jon in the Heart would probably be of equal levels. The sword also could be Longclaw, and when he was stabbed the 3rd time he fell to his knees and someone behind him pulled out his sword and stabbed him though the heart with it.

Any thoughts?

Because the original lightbringer was made by stabbing his wife in the heart, so the sword stabbing jon in the Heart would probably be of equal levels.

I would say that Azor Ahai's love for Nissa Nissa was what finally gave Lightbringer its fire, that he loved her more than anything, and he was willing to kill her to bring this sword into being. I just don't see the NW having that level of love for Jon at the time.

I dont know anything about the tempering of metal, but would nissa nissa's blood be within the blade or stained in it because of it being stabbed in her heart? If so then the blood would help power the blade, whereas with your theory, many men have been killed with Valyrian steel yet those swords havent become lightbringer

Maybe the NW didn't have sheer love and devotion for Jon, but instead of his wife love that gives Lightbringer its fire, but Jon own life instead. Its the blade that finally killed Jon, so who knows, the Properecy points out that the sword will be drawn from fire, so Maybe they throw his body into the flames, or light him on fire, with the blade still in him, and he is reborn in the flames and draws the sword from his own heart and lightbringer is born.

Anyways if Jon is AA reborn he will need Light Bringer to fight the others, so I am wondering how would he create the sword, he would need someone he loves? Or he just draws a sword from the flames somewhere. Maybe the Wildings go on a rampage and burn castle black down, and in the flames jon is reborn and draws a longclaw from the flames, and that becomes Light Bringer.

Maybe he just has to pull it out of flames, maybe flames is metaphorical of a catastrophe like the wall falling, or the NW, Queens men & free folk all going crazy on each other.

Dont see why nobody would take the sword out of his back before they burnt him though

I have a theory that come the first jon or mel/night watch chapter in WoW right after Jon death, when they pull the 4th knife out of jon, which is probably a sword, which pieced his heart. Will be LightBringer. Because the original lightbringer was made by stabbing his wife in the heart, so the sword stabbing jon in the Heart would probably be of equal levels. The sword also could be Longclaw, and when he was stabbed the 3rd time he fell to his knees and someone behind him pulled out his sword and stabbed him though the heart with it.

Any thoughts?

Genius.

How was forged the first Lightbringer?

1. Water ("ice" of the wights/Others?)
  2. Lion (Janos Slynt, the Lannister's puppet?)
  3. Nissa Nissa (Jon Snow)

And the NW loves Jon, they cried while stabbing him...

Or not?

Or his soul had already transferred to Ghost by that time. I don't generally like the many X will warg into Y and do Z theories, which get really overworked and overwrought, but I do think the idea that Jon will live in Ghost for a little bit before being revived in his own body makes sense - the foundation has been laid neatly in the text for that, I think.

Once Jon saw who was attacking him , he would have expected a fourth knife , because he just noticed Bowen's little clique of four in the sheildhall..but that doesn't mean a fourth man ever actually got a stab in..

I don't think the Lightbringer / Nissa Nissa scenario will work out literally. In fact, I have reservations as to whether the Azor Ahai prophecy should hold as much weight as the ones that sprung up in Westeros.

Nooo! However Lightbringer is forged the sure thing is that the one person who holds it will be Azor Azhai, in lesser words, the savior of the world... And there is nobody at the wall, besides Jon, worthy enough for the task

Nooo! However Lightbringer is forged the sure thing is that the one person who holds it will be Azor Azhai, in lesser words, the savior of the world... And there is nobody at the wall, besides Jon, worthy enough for the task

GRRM is a known troll. Maybe Patchface stabbed Jon the 4th time and he is becoming AAR.

This is feasible if the love is for the LCC position, as indicated by Marsh's tears.

As for blade....it could be a knife that turns into a sword once AA says 'Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats, Ho!'

Ok, I may be going crackpot here but here goes...Melisandre uses the flaming heart as her sigil. I think it's possible that while Jon is recouperating from his wounds he may fall in love with Mel. Not sure how he will end up plunging his sword through her heart though. Mel may compel him to do using magic, she may talk him into it as a sacrafice they must make to save the world, or he may do it by accident...the end result will be Lightbringer.

Archived