Where is Euron?

fusedafuse

Why would Euron be hanging out in Westeros? The most crucial part of his plan is getting the dragons. Everything else, even retaining the Iron Islands, is secondary. If he fails to get the dragons, he fails period. So he would want to be in Essos when the dragons are got with the dragon horn.

I've thought about him secretly going with Victarion, but dismissed the idea for a couple of reasons. First, the bloody king of the iron isles was elected, the guys who just made him king would definitely recognize him, and I doubt that they'd 'disrespect' their captain Victarion Greyjoy, they are Ironborn after all.

"Secretly going" with Victarion doesn't necessarily mean going in disguise on Victarion's ship. In fact, that would be kind of a strange decision, considering that Euron is a capable sailor and has his own ship that he could use to trail the Iron Fleet from the Iron Islands.

Second the ironborn didn't want to go to Dany. That's why Euron sent Vic in the first place, right? Because the ironborn wanted to stay around Westeros and get some nice loot. They wouldn't just 'allow' their king to sail off to distant lands.. I think

Allow? The ironborn aren't going to allow, or forbid, Euron anything. If he wants to go after Dany, he's going to do so. If they don't like it, they can theoretically rebel, but from Asha's first chapter it seems like Euron left things so that possibility is pretty unlikely. Asha can't go back to the Iron Islands, Aeron is missing and unable to influence much of anybody, all of the major claimants to the throne--save Theon, whom most people believe to be dead--are bound by the kingsmoot.

I wonder whether maybe Aeron is the one stowing away on a ship (namely, Euron's ship). I can't see the point in his continued status as a POV without him somehow being involved in Euron's inevitable fall.

Don’t forget Moqorro’s vision of the threat to Danny casting the largest Shadow

"A tall and twisted thing with one black eye and ten long arms, sailing on a sea of blood".

I think we all know who this is referring to. I feel this could interpreted either one of two ways.

1) Euron sending Victarion to do his dirty work for him. Even if he’s not fully loyal Victarion’s plans for Danny aren’t much better than his brothers at the ending of the day

2) Euron is with Victarion somewhere in The Iron Fleet and really does have the means to bind Danny’s dragons to his will, using his magic horn

I still think there is a good chance Morqorro's vision was Bloodraven instead of Euron. I'm pretty sure the chapter that follows Morqorro's prophecy is Bran's last chapter in ADWD and Bloodraven is up to something there.

I still think there is a good chance Morqorro's vision was Bloodraven instead of Euron. I'm pretty sure the chapter that follows Morqorro's prophecy is Bran's last chapter in ADWD and Bloodraven is up to something there.

What? Moqorro's vision is pretty clearly of a kraken with one black eye. Euron is a Greyjoy (kraken) with one black eye. Bloodraven would be better signified as a raven with one red eye, or on some variant of the House Blackwood sigil.

What? Moqorro's vision is pretty clearly of a kraken with one black eye. Euron is a Greyjoy (kraken) with one black eye. Bloodraven would be better signified as a raven with one red eye, or on some variant of the House Blackwood sigil.

Well, Bloodraven also has one eye, the other is a black socket. The roots of the trees are growing in and out of his body like tentacles and as I said, he is in the chapter that immediately follows Morqorro's prediction. There is also blood symbolism in that chapter when Bran eats the weirwood paste.

I'm not saying its a given its Bloodraven, but that was my first thought instead of Euron. Euron always seemed too obvious to me. There is no double meaning in "sailing a sea of blood" if its Euron and I'd like to think that phrase has more meaning than meets the eye.

I'm not saying its a given its Bloodraven, but that was my first thought instead of Euron. Euron always seemed too obvious to me.

Lots of things are "too obvious" once they've been discussed to death on the board, but that doesn't make them any less true. To the casual reader (and to Moqorro himself), Moqorro's vision seems to point to Victarion, not Euron.

Don’t forget Moqorro’s vision of the threat to Danny casting the largest Shadow

"A tall and twisted thing with one black eye and ten long arms, sailing on a sea of blood".

I think we all know who this is referring to. I feel this could interpreted either one of two ways.

1) Euron sending Victarion to do his dirty work for him. Even if he’s not fully loyal Victarion’s plans for Danny aren’t much better than his brothers at the ending of the day

2) Euron is with Victarion somewhere in The Iron Fleet and really does have the means to bind Danny’s dragons to his will, using his magic horn

Equally it could imply that Euron has his finger in far more pies than we currently know of.

Well if we suppose that Euron is in the fleet, or following behind it, then what if the 40 or so ships that were lost in the autumn storms weren't really lost, but Euron 'took' them? Just after Victarion has fought the battle of Meeren(or even before) Euron will show up and be like, "Oh hey Vic, didn't think you'd live that long, I'll kill you now!" and then claim a Dragon or two?

I simply cannot really see this working, this is why I always suspected Euron to stay around Westeros, raiding and burning a city or two.

Moqorro's vision is very obviously Euron, I can not see how even casual readers will interpet one black eye as someone else than our beloved Crow's Eye. But if it now means that Euron is actually there with the Iron Fleet in Essos to be a danger to Dany, or if it just means he is danger as in he's controlling a few pawns that are huge direct danger to Dany, while he's the puppetmaster with ten very long arms, I don't know.

But just to really understand this, what are the reasons for Euron to send off Victarion instead of commanding the Iron Fleet on his own? The reason why I mentioned that the ironborn wouldn't really 'allow' Euron to go get some dragons, is because in A feast For Crows, in the same chapter he tells Vic to go, he proposes going to capture Dany. The Reader tells Euron that crossing the narrow storm in autumn is mad and all the Ironborn Lords agree, they would much rather attack Oldtown, and so he sent his brother to fetch the dragons while he stayed around Westeros.

At least that's how I understood it

Probably still at the Shield Isles but I doubt he'll stay there the Ironborn are like the Nomads of the sea. Oldtown or Highgarden would be a tempting option or maybe he'll move onto Lannisport or somewhere in Dorne. Either way I think he'll continue raiding and raping until Dany arrives or something else happens.

I can't see Euron placing himself so far out of the action as to be unable to make any necessary adjustments.

He may be incognito in the fleet . He may be hanging back just out of sight, but I think he'll be where he can step in in jig time should Victarion prove incompetent , or once he does what Euron really sent him to do..;)

I can see him setting some ships to raiding about Westeros ( in part to obscure his own whereabouts ) but I kind of doubt he cares what happens to those men anymore than he does about the ones hanging on at Deepwood Motte or Torrhen's Square . I think he figures once he has the dragons , he can take , or retake whatever he likes.

Well if we suppose that Euron is in the fleet, or following behind it, then what if the 40 or so ships that were lost in the autumn storms weren't really lost, but Euron 'took' them? Just after Victarion has fought the battle of Meeren(or even before) Euron will show up and be like, "Oh hey Vic, didn't think you'd live that long, I'll kill you now!" and then claim a Dragon or two?

I like this idea, I don't think Vic would have lost so many ships like that. So they aren't lost, Euron has them.

He probably left most of the Ironmen behind to harass oldtown and such, but he has essentially all but abandoned them. I don't think cares one bit about them, he wants the dragons.

I like this idea, I don't think Vic would have lost so many ships like that. So they aren't lost, Euron has them.

He probably left most of the Ironmen behind to harass oldtown and such, but he has essentially all but abandoned them. I don't think cares one bit about them, he wants the dragons.

Why be so elaborate? Why wouldn't Euron just have taken command of the Iron fleet once it left for sea? its been established that Vic won't touch him.

Ewwww.

Ewwww.

Ewwww.

he cannot be her, in one of the parts with Mel or Moqorro it is said that the red priests can see through the Faceless Men's guise. And if he knows half of how to intrepret the black eye with 10 arms he should be able to put 2 + 2 together.

"Hey Victarion, why do you keep talking to that guy with a red eye patch and call him a woman?"

"Hey Victarion, why do you keep talking to that guy with a red eye patch and call him a woman?"

Vic smash puny red man for not tell! Vic throw puny dusk woman off boat! Vic smash!

The reaction would be priceless.

So Moqorro is the one to screw him and not his brother? ;)

Ewwww.

Ewwww.

Ewwww.

The is no possible way that someone wouldn't notice that 'the Dusky Woman' has a manhood

(Of course, considering that there's been rocks with higher intelligence than Vic anything's possible)

The is no possible way that someone wouldn't notice that 'the Dusky Woman' has a manhood

(Of course, considering that there's been rocks with higher intelligence than Vic anything's possible)

Not giving much away, but in the Seattle reading hes concerned about spending himself before battle so he fingers the dusky woman. It depends on how good the FM magic is. Be limiting if you couldn't change genders.

Not giving much away, but in the Seattle reading hes concerned about spending himself before battle so he fingers the dusky woman. It depends on how good the FM magic is. Be limiting if you couldn't change genders.

Unless Euron decided to cut of his testies/manhood and left a hole where they'd been. *Gods, what am I saying?*

Why be so elaborate? Why wouldn't Euron just have taken command of the Iron fleet once it left for sea? its been established that Vic won't touch him.

Because Euron by himself never had the sway over the Ironborn to command the iron fleet. If he did, he never would have sent Victarion at all. Once Euron controls dragons, however, then things will change for him.

Archived