*spoilers* season 3 endings *spoilers*

DornishHighlander

Best Season 3 ending: Tyrion absently pouring the remainder of the wine out on the floor. I think they should try to get the 3 kings' deaths into this season to show that -- even though he lost on the Blackwater and has been brooding on Dragonstone all season -- Stannis is still a force to be reckoned with. They might try to get the PW into this season to give Jack Gleeson his out, but who knows.

If they REALLY wanted to go full Best Drama Emmy-grubbing mode they could do all 3 deaths at the end of episode 9 juxtaposed with Stannis's leech scene. Episode 10 could have Davos saving Edric and/or reading the letter from the Night's Watch, the Brotherhood rescuing Catelyn's body or Arya's cliffhanger at the twins, the first attack on Castle Black, and something with Dany. There is so much happening at every turn in ASoS that they almost can't mess it up.

Here goes my first post...

I think the RW will happen around episode 8 or 9 of season 3 with the remaining 1/2 episodes revolving around Jamie's hand, Bran warging into Summer (or was it shaggy dog this time) to save Jon, Arya leaving Sandor and boarding the ship to Bravos, the birth of UnCat and Tyrion/Sansas wedding.

I know this compresses the time-line quite a bit in some cases but I don't think season four will be entirely focused on ASOS, I think quite a bit of AFFC will be included. As such I think the PW could be as early as S4 Ep4 or 5. Otherwise I think the show will suffer from long breaks from main characters such as Dany, Tyrion, Jon and Arya. Also, it makes more sense for events such as the PW to happen mid-season so that new characters can be introduced and developed for an audience instead of losing a number at the end of a season and introducing a nearly new cast at the start of season 5 (though that is 2015 so a bit off yet).

As such I think season 3 will end a number of ways. Either with Jon escaping the Wildlings (though I feel this will be episode 9 ending), Arya boarding the ship (an almost hopefull ending), UnCat being 'born', though I hope they break from the heres some magic season finale/cliffhanger, or Sansa and Tyrion getting married.

S/T wedding is my pick. I think the season will end with the starks royally screwed and Sansa standing sobbing, newly wed.

Here goes my first post...

I think the RW will happen around episode 8 or 9 of season 3 with the remaining 1/2 episodes revolving around Jamie's hand, Bran warging into Summer (or was it shaggy dog this time) to save Jon, Arya leaving Sandor and boarding the ship to Bravos, the birth of UnCat and Tyrion/Sansas wedding.

I know this compresses the time-line quite a bit in some cases but I don't think season four will be entirely focused on ASOS, I think quite a bit of AFFC will be included. As such I think the PW could be as early as S4 Ep4 or 5. Otherwise I think the show will suffer from long breaks from main characters such as Dany, Tyrion, Jon and Arya. Also, it makes more sense for events such as the PW to happen mid-season so that new characters can be introduced and developed for an audience instead of losing a number at the end of a season and introducing a nearly new cast at the start of season 5 (though that is 2015 so a bit off yet).

As such I think season 3 will end a number of ways. Either with Jon escaping the Wildlings (though I feel this will be episode 9 ending), Arya boarding the ship (an almost hopefull ending), UnCat being 'born', though I hope they break from the heres some magic season finale/cliffhanger, or Sansa and Tyrion getting married.

S/T wedding is my pick. I think the season will end with the starks royally screwed and Sansa standing sobbing, newly wed.

Arya and the Hound will happen in Series 4. There is enough material in the books to make 2 great series out of ASOS if they put the PW in Season 4. Jaime is probably going to lose his hand much earlier in the season and it'll end with him going back to rescue Brienne.

Arya and the Hound will happen in Series 4. There is enough material in the books to make 2 great series out of ASOS if they put the PW in Season 4. Jaime is probably going to lose his hand much earlier in the season and it'll end with him going back to rescue Brienne.

I completely disagree. There is enough material in SOS (which they've already used some of btw for Robb and Cat and Breanne and Jamie) for about 14 episodes. There is not 20 episodes worth of material in SOS no matter how you break it up, which is why it is better to look at the story not by where the books break at this point but by where the archs end. And there is no climax in KL in season 3 without the PW.

I completely disagree. There is enough material in SOS (which they've already used some of btw for Robb and Cat and Breanne and Jamie) for about 14 episodes. There is not 20 episodes worth of material in SOS no matter how you break it up, which is why it is better to look at the story not by where the books break at this point but by where the archs end. And there is no climax in KL in season 3 without the PW.

You're so right about the last part. S3 wouldn't work without the PW. S4 can work, using the ending of ASOS if they use some scenes from AFFC and ADWD throughout the season to add to the material.

I guess it means that the storyline will be quite different than in the books. I want to trust the producers, they've made the right decissions until now, so maybe this is for the best.

Then again, maybe the huge success of the series has clouded their perception of what a good adaptation is.

And Jon's storyline is equally baffling. He'll be in Queenscrow in episode 7... yet there's only one scene in the Castle Black? (so, no battle).

I guess it means that the storyline will be quite different than in the books. I want to trust the producers, they've made the right decissions until now, so maybe this is for the best.

Then again, maybe the huge success of the series has clouded their perception of what a good adaptation is.

And Jon's storyline is equally baffling. He'll be in Queenscrow in episode 7... yet there's only one scene in the Castle Black? (so, no battle).

I also don't see necessarily how wedding Sansa and Tyrion in 3.8 excludes the PW from 3.10. Depending on the story they could easily have Sansa and Tyrion wed along side the RW (not how it happened in the books but Robb could easily disinherit Sansa just cause she's a captive and they might marry her off for her claim) so House Stark basically fallls in episode this episode.

But the Sansa-Tyrion wedding in episode 8 is really strange. What will happen in KL in the last couple of episodes?

Perhaps they'll have Tyrion discovering that Joffrey is behind Bran's murder attempt. It may work as a revelation for the finale.

What will happen in the first five episodes is a better question. Her wedding is one of the few things in SOS that happens in KL before the wedding.

Many invented things, I'd assume. I imagine lots of plotting with the Queen of Thornes, Margaery, Varys, Littlefinger, Cersei and the likes. And they'll likely make the issue of Sansa's marriage with Wylas a bigger issue, and the final resolution a greater event than in the books.

That'll mean two things...

Sansa/Tyrion's wedding running in parallel to the RW in episode 8, and the PW episode 10

or

The whole season ending with the RW, on a massive downer

EDIT: And about Jon at castle black, I kinda predicted it'll end with him coming back to the wall. I did expect Ygritte to die though in this season, maybe they'll make it so Ygritte dies as Jon escapes to Castle Black, missing out the battle at Castle Black, saving the battling for the wall in S4

Perhaps they'll have Tyrion discovering that Joffrey is behind Bran's murder attempt. It may work as a revelation for the finale.

Many invented things, I'd assume. I imagine lots of plotting with the Queen of Thornes, Margaery, Varys, Littlefinger, Cersei and the likes. And they'll likely make the issue of Sansa's marriage with Wylas a bigger issue, and the final resolution a greater event than in the books.

The discovery of Joffrey's attempt is such a small thing, that comes out of nowhere and doesn't lead anywhere. It was important in season 1, but now it's been basically forgotten. But I do hope they'll make a better job than Martin revealing that.

Lots of plotting is just filler at the end of the day, if it doesn't lead anywhere. Littlefinger should be out of KL soon, as Tyrion can't be Master of Coins before that. And the rest can plot and plot, but without any pay-off. Will the audience go along with that?

Archived