The Heart Has Reasons, of Which Reason Knows Nothing

Winter's Knight

Arya! She is like what 10,9 at the start? Amazingly tough person.

Tyrion, i loved him in clash and storm even when you know there isn't a single person that respects him he keeps on going.

Tywin, he is very powerful.

Dany, she tries very hard but is still just a kid at heart.

Jaime and Tyrion. Not exactly the paragons of moral righteousness or even mental health, but I sympathize with the guys.

Tywin. I despise him, but he's very interesting as an antagonist, and I can't help but wish he was alive, to add more Magnificent Bastardness to the story.

And I can't believe I'm typing this, but I can find some sympathy in me for Cersei. Then I re-read the chapter where she tortures the poor Blue Bard, and I wsh her in the Seven Hells again.

Mance, Val and Tormund. Especially Mance.

Cat was my favorite though, first time I read.

Ahem butterbumps!, Catelyn was your favorite? Don't speak such about my beloved Cat. :)

My list:

Jaime- I'd forgive him pretty much anything. He could probably take up flinging kids out windows and I'd still like him.

Sansa- Nothing will ever stop me from loving him.

Sandor - He has cried man tears. All is forgiven. He could do anything at this stage.

Catelyn- I know she's undead but still, I could forgive her for anything. I adore her.

I would have included Tyrion on this list until half way through Storm but not anymore.

Jaime- Hated the guy at first but his chapters have made me like him more and more

Cercei- Horrible person but I just can't bring myself to hate someone that made me laugh as much as she did in AFFC. Plus I really want her to get revenge to the High Sparrow and the Septas that humilliated her.

Stannis- He burns people alive for a God he doesn't even seem to believe but the guy is just too awesome to hate. Plus his conversations with Jon are pure gold.

Do I have to make you swear it infront of a tree? Was he joking? With Stannis it was hard to tell.

Ahem butterbumps!, Catelyn was your favorite? Don't speak such about my beloved Cat. :)

Haha! Well, Cat was a clear favorite for me the first time through (I read books 1-4 together). On subsequent rereads and after DwD, I didn't like her less, but rather almost every major character kind of levelled out to a similar "love" status for me. I couldn't pull out a "favorite" at the moment, because I like too many of them, and those wildlings are probably the only ones that stand out as an "irrational love." I wonder if this has happened to anyone else? The only exceptions for me are Theon, who I'm not as into despite the quality of his chapters, and Dany, who is the bane of my existence :cool4: .

Haha! Well, Cat was a clear favorite for me the first time through (I read books 1-4 together). On subsequent rereads and after DwD, I didn't like her less, but rather almost every major character kind of levelled out to a similar "love" status for me. I couldn't pull out a "favorite" at the moment, because I like too many of them, and those wildlings are probably the only ones that stand out as an "irrational love." I wonder if this has happened to anyone else? The only exceptions for me are Theon, who I'm not as into despite the quality of his chapters, and Dany, who is the bane of my existence :cool4: .

Ah, ok. Thank you for explaining. All is forgiven. :)

Stannis-I am just rooting for this guy. True King of Westeros!

Melisandre-Do I agree with her entire POV and actions. No. However, I'm with her if the Others are the Big Bad (although not necessarily evil) threat. She's looking at the big picture and manages a certain amount of compassion (telling Cressen he can still spill the cup) and keeping Devan back because Davos has suffered enough.

Victarion-I know GRRM says he is "Dumb as a stump." However, I can't help but love him.

The Others-I'm fascinated by them and want to know more about them.

Sansa - love her arc

Littlefinger - he's just so bad that he's just so good, I hope his death will be painful.

Tyrion - witty and sarcastic little shit.

Arya - not my favorite Stark just want to see where she lands.

Sandor - He has cried man tears. All is forgiven. He could do anything at this stage.

He had me at "look at me" :blushing: I loved Arya in Got,but when these two collided in ASoS and it was time to choose between them all my love for the Starks just vanished

Jaime - I too have to keep reminding myself he pushed little kid out of a window,and although I was practicaly in love whit Tyrion in GoT (now I pity the guy ) ,Jaime became my favorite Lannister

Jorah - he was a traitor and a spy and had unhealthy lust/love for 15 year old girl but I love old bear

Cersei. Sure, she's mad and paranoid, and makes spectacularly bad decisions, as Tyrion shows when he has his turn at running KL and does it properly. But I can't help admiring her steely determination, however misplaced, and her refusal to sucumb to her father's views of how she, as a woman, should behave.

Dislikes: Dany, for her 'born to rule Westeros even though I've never been there' complex. And Jaime - you can't be forgiven for throwing a boy out the window without demonstrating some serious remorse, which he hasn't done (yet).

Irrational likes:

Jaime because his mental space feels as comfortable as an old glove, despite being what he is and defenestrating children. Maybe it's because he is so human with all his flaws, his flip flopping, his two step forward one step back breaking up with Cersei, his tangled feelings about parenthood (or lack thereof), his failure to live up to his dream and his going effortlessly between self delusion and realism.

Stannis has won me over. I was very, very anti Stannis even as of ASOS, it took ADWD, rereading more earlier Davos and Jon chapters and a second round through ADWD for Stannis to really win me over for good. I think the guy wins out on pure stubborness. Also, how Maester Cressen described Stannis as the unloved of the three Baratheon brothers. So definitely an underdog thing.

Rhaegar, because I refuse to believe the dreamboat of dreamboats was bad an evil! If we get evidence later that Rhaegar was Evilsauce, I am just going to put on blinkers and avoid reading it. :P

I love Dany, Sansa, Arya etc etc as well, but I am not sure that is irrational, or goes against what would be considered logical or well reasoned, but Jaime, Stannis and Rhaegar are more ambiguous characters.

Irrational dislikes: The Tyrells, for being so smarmy but at the same time being perfectly fine with throwing Sansa and Tyrion under the bus. Fuck em.

Archived