Anyone else dying to eat their next meal with a dagger?

Mulled Wino

I love it in theory, but cannot wrap my mind around eating black eyed peas with a dagger.

Why would you eat the Black Eyed Peas? I know they aren't that great (I'm not judging anybodies musical preference), but cannibalism? C'mon.

Also sarcasm.

I'm not funny. :bawl:

I already eat with a knife, but that's because I;m too lazy to get a fork or something. (I hate doing dishes).

I have used one of these many times

http://www.kabar.com/most-famous-knife

I have used it as a can opener, to open a stuborn MRE, to cut meat, as a fork and I've eaten peanut butter out of the jar off it too.

It wasn't part of our standard kit but many had them or similar.

Out in the field table manners are different than at high tea.

I wouldn't bring it to table at home though.

I have used it as a can opener, to open a stuborn MRE, to cut meat, as a fork and I've eaten peanut butter out of the jar off it too.

Peanut butter off a K-bar? you cut your F- ing tounge. But I still use my K-bar around the yard, quite often. If you want to cut some meat, K-bar is good to go. One time thru the meat, paper plate, and into my leg.

Semper Fi!

I have a daggar they are only good for sticking the pointy end in something. I have tried to cut meat with it but it really doesn't work too well.

Peanut butter off a K-bar? you cut your F- ing tounge. But I still use my K-bar around the yard, quite often. If you want to cut some meat, K-bar is good to go. One time thru the meat, paper plate, and into my leg. Yes it works for cans but you need to pound on a can to get it started, that why I always carried a key.

Semper Fi!

I have a daggar they are only good for sticking the pointy end in something. I have tried to cut meat with it but it really doesn't work too well.

Most of what I eat with a knife is fruit. Apples, pears and even olives. I tend to use my fork for meat though.

This is so totally off topic, but whoa, your pic has this whole mona lisa vibe to it. Your eyes are following me!

And just to stay on topic so I don't get a warning... to others, how would one cut their tongue with a knife if they aren't cutting it with a fork? It's not like you are jabbing the knife into your mouth. And if you are doing something like licking peanut butter (which is also how I eat my peanut butter, easier to get out of the jar that way), one isn't exactly licking the sharp side.

All this talk in the books of stabbing chunks of this greasy delicious meat makes me jealous that I never use a dagger as my sole dining utencil. That and a tankard of all or a flagon of wine and Im good.

I think I know what I'm going to invest my hard earned cash in. A good dagger, a piece of red meat and a flagon of ale makes for a splendid evening.

EDITED: I've also wondered why people are so scared of having a knife in their mouths. I've been at it for years and have never cut myself with a table knife. It probably takes an act of both strength and will to do it.

This is so totally off topic, but whoa, your pic has this whole mona lisa vibe to it. Your eyes are following me!

And just to stay on topic so I don't get a warning... to others, how would one cut their tongue with a knife if they aren't cutting it with a fork? It's not like you are jabbing the knife into your mouth. And if you are doing something like licking peanut butter (which is also how I eat my peanut butter, easier to get out of the jar that way), one isn't exactly licking the sharp side.

While doing my post I felt those eyes on me, and it creeped me the hell out!!!!

EDITED: I've also wondered why people are so scared of having a knife in their mouths. I've been at it for years and have never cut myself with a table knife. It probably takes an act of both strength and will to do it.

Yup. And even with something sharper like a steak knife or pocket knife or dagger, it's going to take an act of stupidity or inattention to cut one's mouth. If one wraps their tongue around the sharp areas, well sure, you'll obviously cut it. If one misses their mouth and pokes their cheek or something, you'll probably cut yourself, but if you do that with a fork, it isn't going to tickle.

While doing my post I felt those eyes on me, and it creeped me the hell out!!!!

Oh no no, I didn't mean to imply it was creepy or that Mr. Jon Flowers is creepy or anything. He's quite dashing, actually. I just meant that it was interesting that the camera caught his eyes at that perfect angle that makes them appear to follow the viewer.

this is manly. maybe it would do some good at home sometimes.

Archived