Is Hot Pie overrated as a baker?

Khal Pono

Hot pie and Sam are the same person

How dare you suggest such a thing? Have you even read the books/watched the show? Sam and Hot Pie are in different places throughout the series. There is no way Sam could be at the Wall, then on the way to the Wall, then at the Wall again in the timeline given. And Sam is clearly no good in the kitchen. We've seen how he handles swords. Do you really think he's any better with knives?

Not to mention the fact that Sam is older than Hot Pie, and Sam would be Hot Pie's chief rival for food. I get that they've never been in the same scene together, and that makes people ask questions, but not everyone is two people.

However, given the similarities between Sam and Hot Pie I'm starting to think I need to amend my theory on Hot Pie's ancestry to include a Tarly or Florent connection. I still maintain that Hot Pie has Manderly blood, but he could easily be connected to Horn Hill as well, the question is would it be through Randyll or his wife?

ETA: it just hit me that Sam's grandfather was burned and if the Hot Pie connection is through the Florent line, that could be Hot Pie's grandfather as well. Given that Alester would have been the head of the family, that makes him the "bread" winner. And Mel burned him! Clearly Hot Pie is fated to take that red witch down!

The Others cannot stand warmth and heat.

What better weapon to drive them back into the Lands of Always Winter than a Hot Pie?

Oh no. Can't you just see that actually happening? Self defense. He wouldn't grab a kitchen knife when white walkers invade his pantry because he's not mentally nimble. It'd be steaming apple pies he'd jam in their faces. But it'd all work to his advantage, making him deadlier to them than any knight. I'm not saying it'd melt them outright like the witch in Oz melted, but it'd hurt them more than you'd expect a pie to damage someone. For reals now.

Hot pie and Sam are the same person

They'd be mirror images of each other if Hotpie was 10 years older. I'd accomplish this by freezing Sam in a block of ice for ten years starting today and then I'd have George introduce a ten year gap to age Hotpie, then unthaw Sam and position him at a table oppposite Hotpie while encouraging Hotpie to remain still.

Archived